Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,232

TheAwesomeBowser

@LilDoggo48

LilDoggo48 wrote:

I was hesitant to subscribe at first, but all things considered $3.99 a month isn't bad.

Untitled

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

TheAwesomeBowser

So, anyone want me to make a list of things better than NSO? /s

LilDoggo48

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

Not leaving random snarky/snide comments!?

Though I do agree Futurama is better then pretty much any online service.

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

Alantor28

LilDoggo48 wrote:

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

I like NSO, but I do agree that TheAwesomeBowser needs to tone down on his hatred of NSO. He already got warned three times by making three NSO hate threads, so if he does this again, it's the ban hammer for him.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Alantor28

@LilDogoo48 Also, I agree with you. $3.99 a month isn't so bad. Me? I went for the 12 month subscription and I don't regret it one bit. I have until September this year to renew it and I would gladly renew my NSO subscription every year.

Therad

Alantor28 wrote:

LilDoggo48 wrote:

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

I like NSO, but I do agree that TheAwesomeBowser needs to tone down on his hatred of NSO. He already got warned three times by making three NSO hate threads, so if he does this again, it's the ban hammer for him.

How about you let the moderators deal with posters on this site, it isn't the first time you have started to call out for bans or removal of posts. If you see anything, use the report button.

Therad

GameOtaku

For $60 psn subscription you get free new game downloads for as long as you are a member, deep discounts on digital games, you get cloud backup (but you can also back up yourself) and access to online play.

NSO is $20, you get no discounts, you access cloud saves (no option to back up yourself), for being a member you can spend even more money on novelty controllers that were designed only with select games, and you can play online.

Even if you didn't play online a psn sub could potentially be more worthwhile in the extra discounts you get in the online shop or if you wanted to demo a full game as opposed to spending $60 (especially if the game is short) I don't play online at all so a online sub is not going to help me one bit. The advantages of VC over the nes nso are very easy to see. If for some reason you can't get to a Internet connection within a week (hey it happens you can't get it everywhere all the time) then you lose access to what you paid your hard earned money for! End of story. Switch online is not worth it. (Oh and before anyone says it's cheaper than the competitions, losing a toe is probably preferable to losing a hand or an eye but really none is ideal.)

GameOtaku

Alantor28

Therad wrote:

Alantor28 wrote:

LilDoggo48 wrote:

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

How about you let the moderators deal with posters on this site, it isn't the first time you have started to call out for bans or removal of posts. If you see anything, use the report button.

Hey, don't butt into other people's business with that comment and being a know it all. People don't like it when you butt into other people's business.

Edit: Okay, that was a bit rude of me to say that, but you're a nice guy even though you don't like NSO, but I respect your opinion about it. And I will use the report feature when I have a chance.

Edited on by Alantor28

TheAwesomeBowser

@GameOtaku

GameOtaku wrote:

For $60 psn subscription you get free new game downloads for as long as you are a member, deep discounts on digital games, you get cloud backup (but you can also back up yourself) and access to online play.

NSO is $20, you get no discounts, you access cloud saves (no option to back up yourself), for being a member you can spend even more money on novelty controllers that were designed only with select games, and you can play online.

Even if you didn't play online a psn sub could potentially be more worthwhile in the extra discounts you get in the online shop or if you wanted to demo a full game as opposed to spending $60 (especially if the game is short) I don't play online at all so a online sub is not going to help me one bit. The advantages of VC over the nes nso are very easy to see. If for some reason you can't get to a Internet connection within a week (hey it happens you can't get it everywhere all the time) then you lose access to what you paid your hard earned money for! End of story. Switch online is not worth it. (Oh and before anyone says it's cheaper than the competitions, losing a toe is probably preferable to losing a hand or an eye but really none is ideal.)

Good to see someone with common sense, thank you.

TheAwesomeBowser

Person: What did you get banned for?
Other Person: Hating on NSO.

rallydefault

Wow... lots of new people in the forum these days, all just rehashing the same discussions we've been having for years.

Hey guys, my coffee from Dunkin' was 4 dollars today, and it gave me roughly 17.5% the satisfaction of a month of NSO (if that's the fancy abbreviation we're giving it these days).

Oooooo! Stimulating! Deep! Totally worthy of discussion and emotional feelings feeling things.

rallydefault

Alantor28

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

@GameOtaku

GameOtaku wrote:

Good to see someone with common sense, thank you.

No, that's just not common sense at all. He's just a NSO hater and ReaderRaega argue with him before. So I feel bad for you agreeing with someone who is just a NSO hater.

Alantor28

@TheAwesomeBowser -_-! Dude, tone down on your NSO hate, man. No one wants to hear the same thing over and over again. Just get over your hatred of NSO and Wii U ports for Switch.

GameOtaku

@Alantor28
I never said I outright hated it. The fact it's holding our save files hostage and you can only access VC style games (rental unlike actually buying as on VC) on the switch is to subscribe to an online service that if you aren't a big online player is just a waste of money. Are you really so blind or are you just trying to justify your subscription? This needs massive reworking not just a snes bandage to make everything better.

GameOtaku

Alantor28

@GameOtaku Actually, I am a big online player and I am glad I paid for $20 a year for it. So no, I am not blind and I don't see the Online Sevice holding our save files hostage. You're just stuck on the past. We knew Nintendo will go for the paid online service route, and I accepted it. It's time to let go of the past and move on.

GeoChrome

Alantor28 wrote:

No, that's just not common sense at all. He's just a NSO hater and ReaderRagfihs argued with him before. So I feel bad for you agreeing with someone who is just a NSO hater.

You don’t need to hold a grudge against someone if you disagree with them. That defeats the entire point of Internet forums. Also, it doesn’t matter that Ragfish argued with him before, because I think we can all agree that his opinion isn’t everyone’s opinion. Also, saying someone that hates NSO shouldn’t agree with someone else that hates NSO because you yourself like the service is dumb.

@GameOtaku I’m pretty sure Alantor put you on the ignore list. I wouldn’t bother at this point.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Alantor28

GyroZeppeli wrote:

Alantor28 wrote:

No, that's just not common sense at all. He's just a NSO hater and ReaderRagfihs argued with him before. So I feel bad for you agreeing with someone who is just a NSO hater.

You don’t need to hold a grudge against someone if you disagree with them. That defeats the entire point of Internet forums.

@GameOtaku I’m pretty sure Alantor put you on the ignore list. I wouldn’t bother at this point.

Well, you're right. GameOtaku should stay in my ignore list for as long as I live.

TheAwesomeBowser

@Alantor28 Sorry. Just exercising my legitimate reasons as to why NSO is poor value. And before you say 'It's AU$30 a year, stop whining', pricing doesn't render criticism invalid.

Edited on by TheAwesomeBowser

GameOtaku

I can't believe the logic I'm hearing from supposed smart people. If you could back up your saves yourself then you'd have a backup and not have to bother with the cloud (it sounds absolutely bonkers that anyone thinks saving to the cloud is such a great thing! There's no guarantee they won't lose your data or it won't go corrupt either.) as far as online play goes PC is still free (only exceptions may be games like WoW or the like which is a massive undertaking) so yeah while the price compared to its console rivals is right it still lacks a whole lot and if you think Nintendo won't increase its costs for better services rendered you are also crazy. VC for all it was didn't lock itself to only those who played online , heck I know lots of people that don't play online. Not every game has online and if you are a single player experience kinda person or a couch/social coop gamer then you don't need the service! I need to get with the times? Maybe you should take a look at things more closely before jumping onto everyone who disagrees with you. I'm argumentative, heck yes, but also so are you and pretty much every other person in the world as well.

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

@subpopz
I'm sure you are guilty of doing the same thing too. It's not like you and me haven't disagreed on somethings.

GameOtaku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic