Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 2,747

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp after putting in a little time with the game I gotta say I am a fan. I figured this would hit the right notes with me but I am surprised how much. This is for me Pokemon Yellow with all the fun and none of the tedium. I forgot how much I hated random Pokémon battles until I hit mt moon and I caught the Pokémon I wanted and I wasn’t stressed when I left. I also like that there is more to the catching mini game than expected when I saw a geodude punch away my pokeball. Oddly enough this feels more organic than beating up a Pokémon just enough to trap it and force it to love you. I actually want to catch more pokemon now rather than just enough to fill my dex. I may end up with trade fodder for once! I do hope the game sells well enough that the lets go series becomes the new remake line. I would love to play some of the 3ds games that I abandoned in this style.

Also as a person that missed out on the pokewalker but always wanted one and also a person that has a weekend job that requires a lot of walking, I am LOVING the pokeball plus. I do my job and level up my pokemon lol, win win.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Super8-BitBen

I want to know can you use a wired Pro Controller in Undocked mode if you have a USB to USB-C Adapter with this game, Also does the pro controller work wireless with lets go in undocked mode?

Edited on by Super8-BitBen

Super8-BitBen

Twitter:

IceClimbers

So the profanity filter for naming your rival has been removed in this game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NEStalgia

Curse all you people that can enjoy this without having to leave it sealed until you can exchange eevie for the Pikachu you ordered.

NEStalgia

Roamer

My daughter has just tried playing this docked but she had problems with the controllers. First one wouldn’t work, although it worked okay on the home page, then after connecting and disconnecting from the switch it worked okay but the other one wouldn’t work! She’s returned to playing in handheld mode for now.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Majormatt28

Hello all I'm new to this forum post. But I'm really enjoying this pokemon experience. I've been an avid pokemon player but not someone who does EV/IV training. I tried to get into that sort of thing but it was eh. I only battled my friends but they all seemed to drift away from pokemon. Anyway this game feels great and as a few pointed out the new mechanics for catching feels fun and different. Glad to see others are enjoying it as well

Majormatt28

Haruki_NLI

So am I right in thinking this?

That trainer battles, while numerically seem to give similar experience to catching Pokemon, the actual EXP you get from Catches is far, far greater?

Also, battle your Rival and have him use an item on his Pokemon. Pay attention to the text box

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DarkRula

@Yosheel "You used a Hyper Potion" despite the fact it was the other person. I've had it with other trainers who used items, so it seems a simple case of a messed up line of text.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Eel

Oooooohhhhh it went by so fast I didn't even notice.

That's a really weird thing to mistranslate.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

Yeah that slipped through QA it seems.

Odd how battles are now kinds worthless for EXP. Also odd how the level curve is surprisingly steep. Plus AI movesets are brutal. Stuff that's not even Lv30 spamming Earthquake.

But it was nice to see that on the second remake of Gen 1 they finally linked the Team Rocket stuff between the games by having Archer present as Giovanni's secons in command

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita So what would you say the level of challenge in this game is like compared to other early Pokemon games? I know none of them are difficult, but I got the impression that this one was more brain-dead easy than usual, to the point of boredom.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

The general consensus from what I've seen is that the game starts extremely easy, and the difficulty climbs at some point, but that it never gets too hard.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

for the trainers that give away pokemon after you catch a certain number is that unique pokemon or just your catch count?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Deku-Scrub

@Ryu_Niiyama From my experience it’s the amount of Pokemon you currently own, for example in Cerulean City, to get Charmander it requires you to have 50 pokemon that have been caught the only reason why I know this is because I transferred a lot of duplicates I had before doing that and I had to grind for a good bit to have enough for the requirement again. It’s worth noting that it could be all Pidgeys (etc.) if you so choose to get to the requirement.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Sisilly_G

@Ryu_Niiyama : Catch count.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ryu_Niiyama

Thanks everyone. Also I just figured out that hairstyles depend on both the motion and number of fingers you use. I was wondering why my Eevee was looking like he fell out of bed. He looks much neater now.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tsurii Me? nope sorry I don't use any type of social media so I would not be able to post my formerly bedraggled Eevee (missing miiverse right now...). However I think I can scrounge a pic from online. Give me a sec.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic