Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 2,747

Tyranexx

I've been watching this thread with curiosity and am enjoying reading everyone's reactions to the newest pair of Pokemon games. I've been on the fence about these on and off as a long-time fan. I don't know if I would call myself hardcore by some definitions (I've never bothered dabbling with IVs and EVs or shiny-hunting as I find them needlessly time-consuming), but I've for the most part enjoyed the traditional gameplay in all previous mainline entries.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@jaxonh Monster Hunter Rank 700..... Can't figure out Pokemon.....

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
What can I say, these pokemans are complicated.

Civilization VI, on the other hand, I've been cruisin through pretty well today

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii Difficulty is fairly steep. Not Ultra hard but its up there. Especially since the only way to get any EXP in any kind of speed is catching. Went through the routes from Lavender to Fuschia. All those trainers, all near lv40. I was low to mid 30s. Levelled twice

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita Yeah, I just got that difficulty curve outside lavender. Kinda nice, tbh. Was starting to forget about my neglected ‘Mons.
Also, that poor cubone haha.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Trajan

This game is getting some pretty bad reviews.

So when you encounter a Pokemon, you just capture it? You dont have to fight it?

I grew out of Pokemon before Silver came out so I'm only familiar with red and blue.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Eel

The Pokemon Company could get into the salt business.

I mean, it's normal, most of us pokefans are huge adult-children.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@Trajan Yup, no fighting wild Pokemon. It's... actually okayish so far, cause really, trainer battles have always been the meaty ones that had you actually pay attention. Still want them back though, but the game itself isn't that bad. What's a far bigger issue in my book is the loss of abilities. Even no held items aren't as bad as not having any abilities whatsoever in the game.

Obviously, we'll get held items, abilities, and wild pokemon battles back in the next game, but I do see some things in this game worth keeping. The new XP screen for one is far more optimal when you have multiple Pokemon gaining XP. Following mechanic is great, per usual. Wild Pokemon being visible on the overworld is a huge improvement, one that would be even better if paired with traditional battles. The bag interface is very clean, one I'd like it to keep in general, though without having access to the PC from the bag of course. That needs to go back to traditional style, cause the new method of organizing Pokemon is awful.

I'm only up to Brock, but that's my notes so far. The one thing that's truly bothering me is my character randomly starts and stops running all the time for no discernable reason. Maybe it's motion controlled? But if so, I can't figure out how.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

I dont like the bag. Some stuff like key items really should be in a pocket.

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita I’d like the bag better if I could make a folder or pocket.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

Also of note, they removed the "Here's your move's effectiveness" thing from Gen 7. Yet this is the beginners game?

I dont get this at all XD

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Most helpful user review on Metacritic:

"1 out of 10 If you buy this game you're saying you're ok with paywalls, ok with saying a big **** off to competitive players, ok with removing core mechanics, ok with going to the same region over and over because blind nostalgia sells, ok with names like splishy splash and baddy bad, ok with never having actual postgame again, ok with garbage graphics when the switch is capable of much more, ok with the franchise dieing in spirit to become a soulless cashgrab machine."

I mean, wow. I can't even tell if they actually played this game or are just parroting all the negative things people were saying prior to release.

Stuff like this is why I take score aggregate sites with a truckload of salt. To be fair, some Metacritic user reviews are...well, fair. There's a reason why not everyone is a game reviewer though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sisilly_G

@ReaderRagfish : It seems that most people parrot hearsay rather than try and view things objectively so that they can make up their own minds. It's amazing how humans so willingly choose to be stupid than use their intellect, the likes of which has no equal in creation (though one could say that there is nothing else like human stupidity in creation either).

I was expecting mostly negative reviews, so, I was quite surprised to see that most industry reviews were positive. One review that particularly surprised me was IGN's, who rated this higher than "7.8 too much water".

@link3710 : Let's Go has shown me that the split between wild encounters and trainer battles has been a much needed one. I certainly don't miss having to endure battle after to battle to grind my team (and this is with EXP being shared across the board at all times!). It would be nice, however, if wild encounters can be switched between battle and capture modes at the press of a button, so that we aren't forced to capture every single Pokémon that we encounter in order to gain experience. Having different mechanics between the two modes really helps alleviate the monotony. As much as I loved the originals, having to travel through caves and what not was often a tedious grind. Virtually all of that tedium has been dissipitated in the Let's Go games. In fact, this is the first time in the series' history where I have enjoyed travelling through caves.

I would be quite happy if the Let's Go mechanics (at least where capturing/battling are concerned) are carried over to future games. People have been far too quick to knock it before they have actually tried it.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ryu_Niiyama

Well you know how it is. Gamers waste more time arguing about game and epeen than playing them. It’s like politics except if you actually just participate in gaming it is fun. Can't spell fanatic without fan.

Anyway. I am enjoying using the pokeball as well. I was chasing down a trespasser (I am a security officer on weekends) and pikachu (which I had in the pokeball) was talking the whole time. Which might explain why I had to threaten to call the police. Hard to take a security officer seriously when a pokemon is yelling at her. Still it is very helpful in leveling.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@Yosheel yeah it should have used thunderbolt. Gotta admit it was kinda awkward.

“You are trespassing on private property and you need to leave now!”
“Pikachu!”
“Wtf was that?”
“Ahem, you need to leave or-“
“Pikachu!”
“-I will call the police. “

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haruki_NLI

Zapdos get. Only got 4 badges but hey, why not?

Also, those 5% chances of Muk, Magneton and Electrode were REALLY frequent.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic