Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,767

Harmonie

@Iconorobin I was already so unhappy with Pokemon GO being only Generation I Pokemon, and that was just a mobile title (and people tried to tell me that was the only reason that Generation I was the only Generation present at first). For it to happen in a mainline Pokemon game is just inexcusable. Besides, now Pokemon GO has Generation II and III Pokemon, and it is said to link to this title. Would be awkward if even Pokemon GO had Pokemon that couldn't be sent over. Not saying that's impossible, just awkward. Very awkward.

Like there has already been so much Gen I pandering in the last couple of generations. This would be FAR too much. I've been thinking that whatever these games are going to be, they aren't going to be conservative Gen I remakes. They're going to have to be something else, seeing as this is the second time the games have been remade. Thus, I expect more freedom for later generation Pokemon to appear earlier in the game than past Pokemon remakes.

@NapalmPsalm Post-game, alright. Pokemon Bank? No, screw Pokemon Bank. Sure it's better than these Pokemon being inaccessible altogether, but I shouldn't have to pay to get Pokemon past the original 151. That's ridiculous. Do you (not referring to you, but there are some other members in this topic that are talking like this) all really want Pokemon hidden behind paywalls? This is NOT a road we want to go down. TRUST ME.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Iconorobin

@Harmonie
The glorious thing about rebooting a franchise is that they don't have to do everything exactly the same as before. They can easily bring later gen Pokémon sooner than expected with expansions and what-not. A reboot is meant to shake things up. What else is the point of a reboot?

Iconorobin

Harmonie

@Iconorobin I don't want to have to wait and/or pay for Pokemon past the original 151. As I said in my previous post, this is NOT a road we want to go down.

Harmonie

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

More like it'd be only Pikachu and the old gang. Which is why it's probably not happening, and if it does, we'll see a looooooooooot of angry fans.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Skid

@Harmonie No, I don't want pokemon behind a paywall, which would be expansions in one game like @Iconorobin is suggesting. If I had to pay for dlc to add johto to just have a murkrow I'd be furious. That being said, I don't consider pokebank much of a paywall to access. Pokebank is a service to hold you pokemon in an easier to access spot instead of holding onto them in one game and hoping to be able to transfer them over to the next. That is why I'm willing to pay 0.42 cents US a month to have access to certain pokemon that I have a special attachment to.

I also want people to remember these are still just leaks at this point no matter how real they feel at this point. We could be getting angry or happy about parts that aren't even true. Let's hold our emotions until the official announcement (not say you are being overly angry or anything). I understand voicing our worries, but there is no reason to be so angry at this point. Please let's wait to release our rage.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S+0 | RM: S+1 | CB: A+

Harmonie

@NapalmPsalm Pokemon Bank is still extra money paid, no matter how small.

Besides, free expansion packs are just idealistic at this point. Nintendo and GF could totally take the opportunity to charge for these expansion packs as DLC.

Besides, I don't want to have to wait for them. This isn't Niantic and Pokemon GO. This is GameFreak, a company that has worked with these Pokemon for so long. No excuses.

Harmonie

Grumblevolcano

Gen 1 is starting to turn into the Imprisoned (Skyward Sword) of Pokemon. Just when you think its over, it comes back yet again.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Iconorobin

@Harmonie
What's the difference between having to wait a year for an expansion (in which you'd get a new region, Pokémon and story) or having to wait for the next gen in the form of a new game like it has been up 'till now?

The BIG difference would be that the expansion would be integrated into the base game, making for a much larger game when all is said and done. Wouldn't it be amazing if, say in 5 or 6 years time, your Pokémon game on Switch would have 500 or 600+ Pokémon available and an area as big as an entire continent to explore? Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinoh,... all in one? Wouldn't that be amazing?
That's what I would like to see, and they can easily do that with a reboot.

It probably won't happen, I'm just dreaming here, but to outright dismiss a reboot without knowing what they're going to do with it seems silly to me.

Iconorobin

Skid

@Iconorobin The difference is not having access to the rest of the pokemon unless you pay for that DLC, which currently isn't the case with trading, pokebank, and transfer abilities. Hiding them behind DLC is idiotic and will enrage 90% of the fan base (yes I pulled that stat out of my butt). Why in the world would you want to wait to have access to the Pokemon outside of the original 151 when we have access to all of them right now? These Pokemon that just came out a couple of years ago wouldn't see the light of day in 6 years? I'm sorry, but that is stupid.

Switch

Iconorobin

@NapalmPsalm
Alright, I understand your point in wanting all the Pokémon we've got right now to be available in the next one. That's fair.
But forget about the availability of Pokémon for a minute. Wouldn't you want a big interconnected world like I mentioned in my previous post? Just being curious here...

Iconorobin

Knuckles-Fajita

Alright I need to break this down because people are wondering why long time fans aren't happy about any of this Kanto pandering.

Let's start with Pokemon X and Y - 2013

The first wild Pokemon you encounter is a Pidgey. This is mandatory
Before your second gym badge, you get given the Kanto Starters
Of the Pokemon that Mega Evolve introduced in XY, 10 out of 26 of them are Generation 1 creatures.
Mewtwo and Charizard both got two Mega Evolutions for some reason.
Lysandre, the villain of the game, uses Mega Gyarados as his main, unlike every other villain in the series who mains a current generation Pokemon (Rhydon/Camerupt/Sharpedo/Weavile/Hydreigon/Golisopod/Bewear)
The map layout for Santlune Forest is tile for tile Viridian Forest.
The Laverre Gym (6th in the game) uses the puzzle and 3 by 3 grid layout of Saffron Gym, the 6th in Kanto.
Team Flare starts by stealing fossils for money and Pokeballs, alongside Pokemon theft. Sound familiar?
The only notable post-game content besides Zygarde, is one of the legendary birds and Mewtwo in a cave, just like Generation 1.
111 Generation 1 Pokemon are part of the 457 large Kalos Dex.
That number is higher than the number of new Pokemon introduced in this game by the way

Moving on to Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - 2014

Added 3 more Kanto Mega Evolutions.
Cosplay Pikachu was a special this game only Pikachu

Moving on to Pokemon Sun and Moon - 2016

All of the Alolan Forms are Kanto Pokemon.
Red and Blue return.
Samson Oak an obvious call back to Professor Oak
Sans Sharpedo and Mudsdale, all of the Ride Pokemon are from Generation 1, one of which, Charizard, doesn't even appear in the game.
Kanto is frequently mentioned as a place that exists.
Pikachu gets an Exclusive Z-move, as does Snorlax and Mew and Eevee and Raichu
88 Pokemon of the 302 wide Dex are Generation 1 Pokemon.
That number is higher than the number of new Pokemon introduced in this game by the way

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon - 2017

All of the above plus:
Pikachu gets ANOTHER Z-Move
Team Rocket returns
98 of the 403 Pokedex is Kanto Pokemon.

Generation 1, almost every aspect of it sans actually setting foot there, has been crammed in our faces for 5 years now. The only exciting part to people who played the recent games is the aspect of actually being IN Kanto, but even that has been done 4 times already.

If they bring back Red and Blue? Who cares you just did that. Bring back Team Rocket? You just did that.

Only the 151 originals? Well let's give percentages.

In XY, 24.28% of the Pokedex was dedicated solely to Generation 1, leaving the remains 75% to be dished out between Generations 2-6.

In S/M, 29.13% of the Pokedex is Generation 1, with Generations 2-7 getting the remaining 31%

In US/UM, 24.41% of the Pokedex is Generation 1, with Generations 2-7 getting the remainder again.

None of this is exciting because its already been bloody done to death!

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Skid

@Iconorobin My initial reaction would be yeah, but when I stop and think about it... not as much. It depends on how it is handled. Would I move on to the next region with my OP Lv 100 pokemon or would I be forced to start from the beginning with a new pokemon? At that point why not just make a new game with better enhancements? In 6 years we should probably be having better graphics and possible a better engine to run the game in. We might even have a new console to play games on. Having one game span 6 like pokemon would be handicapping series imo. Again, initial reaction is heck yeah but really thinking about it would sell ourselves short on having the best possible experience with the series.

Switch

Snaplocket

@YummyHappyPills Every game has a big chunk of the returners be Gen 1 so that's a moot point.

Like it or not, Gen 1 is by far the most popular.

Red, Blue, and Oak were just small cameos, they add nothing to their respective games.

VI was the first back Kanto reference so back then it was actually pretty cool.

It's near guaranteed there's going to be a different and a new villain team.

With fewer Pokemon there's more potential for something new.

I understand your frustration but for the sake of argument we shouldn't just point out the negatives and save it for when the game's actually shown.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Knuckles-Fajita

@Snaplocket "Every game has a big chunk of the returns be Gen 1"

Let's shoot that down shall we?

Gen 2 - This is true. 151 vs 100

Gen 3 - 44 out of 202. 21%. Mitigated by only being 3 generations deep, however, the majority of the Pokedex is the NEW 135 Pokemon introduced.

Gen 4 - DP had 32 out of 151, that's 21.19%, however a good chunk of Gen 4 Pokemon aren't in the regional dex. Platinum fixed that.

Platinum had 46 out of 210, that's 21.9%, with still some omissions from Gen 4's new introductions. 107 new, notice how the NEW still outweighs the old.

Gen 5 - BW had....NONE! 0%. 156 all new things.

BW2 had 38 of 300. 12.66%. 156 things new still.

So no, the "Bulk" never used to be Gen 1. That's recent when coincidentally they borrowed a lot more from the original games, as noted starting in XY. They were always THERE, but the new outweighed the old considerably and even then the old were more evenly distributed through what was available.

I would expect 20-30% of the Hoenn Pokedex to be Gen 1 stuff, as outside of the new Gen 3 things, well there is only two other generations to pull from right?

But when there are 6 other generations to pull from, why is it STILL that high, in a Pokedex with FAR MORE things in it?

Finally, yes they COULD do new things with this. But so far, returning characters, returning region, only old Pokemon. How much new can you do with that really?

NLI Discord:

Snaplocket

@YummyHappyPills When exactly was it outright confirmed there wouldn't be new Pokemon or have returning major characters? Also, you are aware both newer gens had way bigger Pokedexes and didn't add nearly as many new Pokemon. If you really need to know how much new stuff that can be added to remakes, just look at the previous remakes. They're pretty much completely new games.

As for the other gens, all I can say is.... so? Just because there were fewer Pokemon in previous gens doesn't mean that they weren't always prioritizing gen 1. Out of your list, the only real exceptions are the Black and White games and that's only because they were the only ones besides Kanto to add 150 new Pokemon so it would naturally be smaller.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Knuckles-Fajita

@Snaplocket I can safely say given USUM ends with Giovanni teleporting off to a different world (Subtle) that we are seeing Team Rocket again instead of new villains.

Plus, its Kanto. Itll have Professor Oak. They may change the Gym Leaders I guess?

Both newer gens did have way bigger dexes but introduced less, yes, I made note of that.

YummyHappyPills wrote:

111 Generation 1 Pokemon are part of the 457 large Kalos Dex.

88 Pokemon of the 302 wide Dex are Generation 1 Pokemon.

I am fine with introducing less new things. Quality over quantity after all.

BUT, lets take generation 8 for instance.

Lets say that game follows suit and has a Pokedex of 300-400 Pokemon like BW2/XY/SM/USUM. There are at that point 7 generations to pull from. If 25% of the dex is STILL Gen 1, thats a problem, because the pool of things to pull from with each generation gets bigger, so why is the proportion of Generation 1 things INCREASING?

You would think as the pool gets bigger, as more options to bring back appear, the number from the first specific generation wouldn't INCREASE, right?

NLI Discord:

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking about it, what if this Yellow remake is Gen 8?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snaplocket

YummyHappyPills wrote:

@Snaplocket I can safely say given USUM ends with Giovanni teleporting off to a different world (Subtle) that we are seeing Team Rocket again instead of new villains.

That guarantees absolutely nothing. For all you know. It's just going to be a cameo or post game stuff and there can still be a new team. Stop immediately assuming the worst and just wait for a confirmation. Or they could absolutely nothing with it at all.

@GrumbleVolcano GASP!

Edited on by Snaplocket

Knuckles-Fajita

@Snaplocket It guarantees absolutely nothing.

But the post game cameo filled story of ORAS established the Ultra Wormhole phenomena. The cameo of Looker in that game established him as a Faller.

Fun fact about assuming the worst though - it means if it comes to pass, you were prepared and wont be disappointed, and if anything better than that happens, its a nice surprise.

NLI Discord:

Snaplocket

@YummyHappyPills It also means you spend the time before announcement being bitter and miserable and MIGHT get a bit better.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic