Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,747

shadow-wolf

@Octane Seems like they’re taking the approach of that January Nintendo Direct “announcement” where once they were aware that people were hungry for a Direct announcement and thought it would come on a particular date due to rumors (which were correct in that case), they just teased it through tweets and pictures.

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Octane Nah I don’t think that’s insignificant. If they showed Eevee entering the Pokémon direct room (which they expected only eagle eyed fans to notice, which are likely the same fans eager for news on the Switch games) it’s implying the Direct is very soon.

Though how long does it take to film a direct? Granted I don’t expect this to be longer than around 10 minutes or so, but it may still take a while. If they filmed starting from Tuesday morning (when the tweet was sent out it was Tuesday morning in Japan) it could be that the Direct is coming Wednesday or Thursday.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii It works the way I mentioned too. Let's say it was Thursday and take the normal Direct time of 11pm UK time for example. That would mean it would be June for a lot of Europe and all of Japan, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii I was looking in general regarding a reveal before June as it may just be that the morning show talks about the movie and Zeraora.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@shadow-wolf Of course, but that's also assuming that the bipedal Eevee monstrosity is going to make an appearance during the Direct. They could've filmed it last week for all we know, but decided not to upload that photo until now. They could've taken the photo on a completely different day too. I don't think you should look too much into that, we simply don't know when that photo was taken, and provided a Direct is coming soon, when the Direct was filmed.

Octane

shadow-wolf

@Tsurii I’d wager it’d take more than an hour just to make sure everything is polished, but you’re right the speaking parts at least shouldn’t take more than a day.

@Octane That’s a good point. Just because they’re sending the picture now doesn’t mean they’re actually beginning to film the Direct — I don’t know why that didn’t come to me initially. All in all though I think it’s hinting at a Direct release this week. When the Direct eventually appears, I’d imagine it’d be on the level of the Sun and Moon trailer we got in May 2016, a good amount of info to know/confirm what the game is about but more info during Treehouse segments for E3.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Octane Kind of a bold statement to make, right? I’m always afraid Game Freak looks at all of these rumors/leaks and decides to move their announcement date so that it looks like the rumors/leaks were incorrect.

shadow-wolf

Skid

@Tsurii You've got to remember, this is a large company too. Sure, a youtuber can make a video in about an a hour and post it.With Nintendo not only are you going to have to do those same things, but then you have to pass the video through other hands that have to okay the Direct. Who knows, maybe there is a specific team that each member has to do a different thing with the video. Sure, it might be a high priority but it still has to go through many hands before being shown.

I'd say you are correct though on making the Direct. A corporation has got to corporate.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Skid

Tsurii wrote:

What I'm picturing is this sole guy sitting alone in some chamber at Kyoto HQ who does nothing other than editing Directs and who's only let out to take a piss and a quick walk around the block

Yeah, and apparently Emily Rogers sits outside of his office. When he gets to leave for said bathroom break, she looks into his eyes and sees the images burned into his retina. That is why she isn't always accurate

Switch

Octane

Pokemon UltraSoon and Pokemon VaporWare are going to be announced soon (at least, so they say). 10:00 Japan time, a 90-minute media event. The news will come out at 11:30 (a little over six hours from now).

Emily Rogers backed this user up.

Of course, a leak isn't complete with a cryptic Pixelpar hint, so here's #10 (i.e. 10am):

I won't be awake at that time, so I'll catch up with the news tomorrow, if there is any. Prepare for disappointment

Octane

Skid

@Octane Hmmm, four and a half hours away. Will be 8PM for me, I'll be up and watching for this news. If not I'll have family to distract me. PRIORITIES! Hahaha, just kidding guys... not really.

Switch

TOUGHDUDE94

I think the games are real but the may annoccment is not i think it would be right before e3 in a seperate direct like last year then they say more details at the main show.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

shadow-wolf

@Octane @andrew20 @Tsurii @NapalmPsalm I find it hard to believe they will announce info on Pokémon Switch for the first time at 11 PM in the East coast of the U.S. and at 4 AM in London. Weren’t most of the trailers for Sun and Moon unveiled at around 10 AM EST? If so maybe they would be announced tomorrow at 10 AM EST?

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Skid

@shadow-wolf True, I'm not expecting an announcement exactly 8CT. I think the earliest would 9:30, and I stress the earliest part. It is just something for me to check, and if nothing is there I'll just go about my business.

Switch

Haruki_NLI

Why would they reveal this in such a lowkey announce but not announce way?

Unless this is meant to be hush-hush pre-announcement hands on time (Like with Labo in January!) and someone just broke an NDA

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

So based on the rumors, we're getting Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu/Eevee this year, which are basically loose remakes of Yellow that only feature the original 151 and have some sort of Go integration in an attempt to attract those people, and that in 2019 we'll get Gen 8. Interesting.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

Making some coffee in anticipation for the train wreck.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic