Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 3,072

Anti-Matter

Just wonder, who were the peoples swarming around Wild Area ?
I talked to them and i got food ingredients.

Anti-Matter

Harmonie

@Anti-Matter They're other people playing... I think? What happens when you talk to them is just generic speech and a random item.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

ntuason

Hey guys,

Noob question but how do I go about getting Larvitar in Pokemon Shield? Can you only get that Pokémon via game code or trade?

Thanks

ntuason

Quarth

Galarian Meowth is creepy! 😅

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Quarth

@Galenmereth Sad to see that you ended up disliking the game. You sounded more positive in the beginning. But at least you've played it and given your honest opinion on it. Respect, my man. Hopefully future entries will fix the things you disliked.

Gravitron

@the_dude057 as soon as I get a ditto. Also my jersey number is 057 in the game which makes me think you probably have the same last name as me or you really like ketchup

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Quarth

@Galenmereth We must play at different speed. I'm 7 hours in and just beat the first gym. 😋

I'm usually not fond of bug type monsters, but I'm really digging Dottler. Hope it's final form is good.

-Green-

Finished the 6th gym leader. So far the game is having some XY issues where it has a really decent/good start and loses steam after the beginning. I’d say around the start of the 4th gym the liveliness drops and it becomes a gauntlet of gym after gym.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH The pattern for sales (highest to lowest) has always been new gen, remakes, 3rd version/sequel. With 3DS you had:
1. X/Y (Gen 6)
2. Sun/Moon (Gen 7)
3. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Remake)
4. Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (Gen 7 3rd version)

For DS you had:
1. Diamond/Pearl (Gen 4)
2. Black/White (Gen 5)
3. Heart Gold/Soul Silver (Remake)
4. Black 2/White 2 (Gen 5 sequel)
5. Platinum (Gen 4 3rd version)

For GBA you had:
1. Ruby/Sapphire (Gen 3)
2. Fire Red/Leaf Green (Remake)
3. Emerald (Gen 3 3rd version)

So Sword/Shield will likely be the best selling Switch Pokemon game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sosa183rd

Add me guys.. I like to level up and have fun add me 8466 9861 3790

Edited on by Sosa183rd

Sosa183rd

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I think so. Will probably top all 3DS entries (even Lets Go will come close to topping the 3DS entries by the time the generation is over- it’s up to 12m now and we still have 5 more years for it to sell). Sword and Shield will likely end up around the 20m mark, which would be the best the series has done since the DS era (which was selling to an install base of 150 million).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

I've just caught my first shiny but it's Klink

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

-Green-

This new method of acquiring hidden abilities for Pokémon is probably the worst in the last 3 gens. So much waiting and rng. It’s insane. For all their flaws, SOS and Friend Safari atleast allowed you to participate and do so consistently.

So far I’m just spending my time flipping through online menus and waiting.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

So, I haven't noticed any performance dips in The Wild Area when playing offline, but going online, I suddenly noticed a good deal of chugging going on.

Maybe its functionality expands or improves or something over time, but Y-Comm seriously sucks. The PSS from X/Y were so robust and fully-featured: I genuinely don't understand why GF keeps replacing competent MP-focused systems with inferior ones. I guess it's nice that the wonder trading match-ups can happen in the background now, but it's so much less convenient trying to trade for specific Pokemon, and even trying to find someone you want to trade with is a chore given that there doesn't appear to be a friends list (!). No personal messages. No requests. No easy access to a list of friends to quickly trade with. Now I have to arrange a trade on a forum or something and pray that us entering the same Link Code somehow connects us. Am I misunderstanding something? How do you open up Gen 8 with MP features that are vastly inferior to what we got in Gen 6? I don't understand it.

Actually, this brings something to mind: X/Y are massively underrated entries. Great region, the jump to 3D was MASSIVE, moving freely with the skates was pure joy, the multiplayer aspects were excellent, it introduced character customization to the series, Lumiose City was and still is the most ambitious city environment in a Pokemon game (seriously, imagine if a game with SwSh's graphics had a place that expansive and busy), and, in general, it felt more freeing to play than SuMo (and probably SwSh, if recent story beats are anything to go by). To be honest, I like it more than HG/SS and what I played of D/P as well (although I got bored with that gen quickly and never gave it a really fair shot). And certainly more than SuMo (never tried the Ultra games, but what I've heard isn't encouraging).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Buizel

Ralizah wrote:

X/Y are massively underrated entries.

I honestly thought they were excellent and a new way forward for the series at the time. It was only when I joined here that I realise they're considered one of the weakest entries (if not the weakest entry) in the series.

Actually, I feel that SwSh retains a lot of what I found charming about X&Y.

At least 2'8".

Maelwolf

I am not a fan of the multiplayer aspect of the raid system. I have never enjoyed when you have to go to a specific location in a game to find a group for multiplayer, but at least it’s usually one location. I’ve played about 2 total raids with live players. We need a menu option that just lets us queue from a list of all the available raids. What are the odds multiple players will go to the same raid spot at the same time to queue in for it? Probably my least favourite game design choice as I really like the raid system and would like to try it with more live players.

Maelwolf

Anti-Matter

I played the Raid Battle mostly Solo.
So far i have tried three times and got some Pokemons at the end.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic