Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 3,072

jump

As technically SwSh has been released somewhere in the world Serebii have started updating their various 'dexs.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

I can't belive I've made it this far with minimum spoilers. It's gonna be fun to play a pokemon game where I don't know literally every single thing beforehand.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gravitron

I'm playing it right now. I did the Australian E-Shop thing.

Gravitron

-Green-

Yeah me too. I’m surprised I only got about three Galarian forms spoiled for me, and only that they exist

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Harmonie

I got more Pokemon than I'd like to have spoiled to me thanks to some of the people I follow on Twitter deciding to do that. But I was able to scroll past most of them quickly when I caught a glimpse of anything that looked like it could be one.

I spoiled some on purpose, too, but I think there's quite a few left for me to see, especially Galarian forms.

Overall, it wasn't too hard to avoid spoiling me of most things and that is nice.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

KryptoniteKrunch

Yup, going in mostly blind too. Like, I heard some descriptions of the new Pokemon, but haven't seen pictures. Also haven't even seen stage 2 or 3 of the staters, so that's really cool. Can't wait to see how Scorbunny turned out, because design wise, Scorbunny is already my favorite Fire type starter.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Gravitron

@KryptoniteKrunch without spoiling anything I would say Scorbunnys final is the fan favorite from what I've seen.

Gravitron

Maelwolf

My buddy is picking the fire starter so I’ll pick water. Smell you later chump!

Maelwolf

Gravitron

@Eel I picked Sobble like I said I would. Looking forward to wonder trading for the other two

Gravitron

iKhan

Y'know, as negative as I've been about this game, the reviews from NL and Gamexplain are really giving me a level of optimism for the future of this series. It really does sound like Game Freak actually had ideas to make significant steps forward for the series.

I still won't be picking up this game. Partly because I just don't have the time for it, and partly because, from looking at the reviews, it seems like the games have certain aspects that would really hamper my enjoyment.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

A friend got his copy of shield early so he came and played the first hour here.

So now I know some of the new pokemon. The new early bug type Pokemon has an... Interesting design....

Bloop.

BlackTalon2

@graysoncharles huh? the power creep is worse with the legendaries and the gen 8 pseudo legendary. not to mention dynamax.

aegislash still has op stats and a very good typing. ghost is the third most op type after fairy and dragon.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

BlackTalon2

@Eel

you mean orbeetle?, yeah it looks good, im adding it to my team, making it my first psychic type pokemon

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Eel

@BlackTalon2 I’m not sure how it was named. I’ll figure it out once I see it again.

Talking about that, yay! The digital copy is unlocked now.

Here we go...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Quarth

Have a few errands to do first, but after that I will pick this game up and the rest of the day will be devoted to Pokémon.

I still haven't decided on the starter though...

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

jump

Gravitron wrote:

KryptoniteKrunch without spoiling anything I would say Scorbunnys final is the fan favorite from what I've seen.

Really? I've found that's the one people are complaining about doesn't look like a Pokémon. Sobble seems to have just confused people as to how it ends up looking as it does. Grookey seems to have had the best reception from what I've seen.

I'm grabbing Scorbunny, I'm not keen on Sobble and my new favourite Poke Appletun! from this new gen is already a grass type which leaves Scorbunny.

iKhan wrote:

Y'know, as negative as I've been about this game, the reviews from NL and Gamexplain are really giving me a level of optimism for the future of this series. It really does sound like Game Freak actually had ideas to make significant steps forward for the series.

I've found that is always the case with Game Freak, they always get to about 80% of the way to pulling it off but then don't, with the hope to get it right in next game but abandon the ideas in the next gen. Lucklily the core gameplay is quality and is able to carry the games going forward.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

Started playing Sword this morning. It looks really good on Switch Lite. Took it to work with me. Will play more later when I have time.

I liked that intro. Was pretty cool. Think I'll go with Grooky. Was gonna pick Sobble but, the monkey is too cute. Plus I like his Final evolution most (I cheated and took a peak, just wanted to pick the one I like most in the end).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic