Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 3,072

Tyranexx

I could see 13-15 hours maybe being plausible if one does the bare minimum like barely filling out their team, skipping any and all cutscenes, avoiding all extra content, etc. If people want to do that, it's ultimately their own choice. I personally don't see the point of a barebones playthrough like that in a Pokemon game unless someone is speedrunning. Why rush? Why not enjoy the ride? Or, if you don't like what you're playing, why not put the game down?

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

rallydefault

@jump
Sorry, for

jump wrote:

Apparently Ninty are withholding a lot of review copies to people until Friday.

rallydefault

Ralizah

They've not noticed graphical glitches or lag. I'm hearing online that this might be due to one of the leakers hacking the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

-Green-

@Galenmereth I saw that a while back, it’s partially why I gave them the benefit of the doubt. People I follow started sharing that dataminers datamined the games and found that the current models are nearly entirely identical to the older ones. Only a handful have very minor changes like Pikachu having a slightly more defined neck.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

link3710

@Ralizah Even the Nintendo Life review mentioned some lag and graphical issues, so there's certainly some truth to all that.

link3710

nintykid

@Snaplocket Also waiting for people to play it before I throw $60 at this. But what's highly suspicious about many of these reviews (which I hadn't noticed before) is how in the fineprint they state that they may be getting a commission for sales occurring through their website. Pretty big conflict of interest, no?

nintykid

Ralizah

Ah, apparently a person who was streaming the game (which was apparently the source of some of the 'video evidence' of glitches in the game) hacked it to give themselves 999 master balls.

Which isn't to say there are no issues, obviously. SuMo had some issues; I'm sure this will as well.

Either way, once the game officially releases, we'll have our answer.

Edited on by Ralizah

Justifier

Ralizah wrote:

Ah, apparently a person who was streaming the game (which was apparently the source of some of the 'video evidence' of glitches in the game) hacked it to give themselves 999 master balls.

Which isn't to say there are no issues, obviously. SuMo had some issues; I'm sure this will as well.

Either way, once the game officially releases, we'll have our answer.

And SuMo had lot of issues if you played with original 3DS.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

BlackTalon2

So how early do we get access to breeding? i usually start breeding the moment i get access to the daycare center, i even use some of my bred pokemon for the playthrough, i did it in both Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Sun,

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Zuljaras

I asked a guy on reddit about the memorial area in the game and unfortunately he told me that there isn't one just like in X/Y. You catch ghost Pokémon is some Castle ruins. It might seem silly but those areas bring a special touch to the game. A grim one.
A little disappointed

Justifier

I think that the lack of random encounters is the reason why reports of games length is so varied. If you just "skip" all battles in wild, you could rush the game fast. But, last games (XY, ORAS, SuMo) story took about 20-25 hours.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

jump

The lack of random trainers in the game seems odd as one of the new features is collecting the battle cards for people.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Gravitron

Looks like its gonna be way longer than 15 hours

Gravitron

Anti-Matter

Doesn't care 15 hours or longer or shorter gameplay hours, i will digging in Pokemon Sword once i get the game. 😉

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

I know some people were worried about this.

Edited on by Ralizah

jump

Ralizah wrote:

I know some people were worried about this.

Quality! That's one of my worries off my list.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Justifier

@graysoncharles
What happened Aegislash?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic