Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 3,072

Anti-Matter

My suggestion, Pokemon can collects 40 - 50 moves, but only 4 moves we can choose from 40 / 50 moves for Battle.

To make it better, additional Three different slots which each slot can hold until 4 Moves.
Player can switch between slot 1 - 3 each turn to choose Best moves to beat the opponent. Similar with Monster Rancher 4 Battle system.

Anti-Matter

Eel

That’s kinda how it already works though...

Your Pokémon’s moveset can be changed and adapted by talking to the move relearner and using TMs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Aeon7

@Morpheel No I'm not. I'm just simply sharing a site that answers questions about game development. With the whole Dexit situation going on, I feel like this post is important given the fact most gamers don't really have a good understanding of how game development works

Aeon7

Eel

Well, basically every other comment in your profile is you sharing that site or some other url. Please tone it down with the urls. Feel free to add a link to it in your signature, or something.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gravitron

@Morpheel I dont really see a problem with it. The guy/girl is trying to be informative.

Gravitron

CanisWolfred

If you're gonna link a blog that you think is important to the discussion, make sure to actually tell us how it fits into the conversation. I clicked on it and read it, sure, so now I know that it's an ask blog question where a developer gives their opinion on the Pokemon Sword & Shield controversy and actually breaks down important aspects of 3D modeling, animating, and implimenting creatures in games, and how much effort they have to put into them, in an attempt to put in perspective the amount of work involved at each step, debunking, one after another, a lot of the points frequently brought up in the controversy: from base colors, models, texturing, animating, moving to new platforms (which isn't a drag & drop, there's a lot of tweaks that still needs to be done, seriously, I think the director even brought it up in an interview), and the simple fact that no matter how much money Pokemon brings in, they still have to make the game on a budget.

TL;DR - Nothing about making games is anywhere near as easy as people seem to think it is. They wouldn't have made this decision and stuck by it if they didn't feel they had to.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Heavyarms55

@CanisWolfred God bless you sir or madam! Thank you for pointing that out so concisely! None of us who haven't actually worked on game or software development really know what it is like.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you're gonna link a blog that you think is important to the discussion, make sure to actually tell us how it fits into the conversation. I clicked on it and read it, sure, so now I know that it's an ask blog question where a developer gives their opinion on the Pokemon Sword & Shield controversy and actually breaks down important aspects of 3D modeling, animating, and implimenting creatures in games, and how much effort they have to put into them, in an attempt to put in perspective the amount of work involved at each step, debunking, one after another, a lot of the points frequently brought up in the controversy: from base colors, models, texturing, animating, moving to new platforms (which isn't a drag & drop, there's a lot of tweaks that still needs to be done, seriously, I think the director even brought it up in an interview), and the simple fact that no matter how much money Pokemon brings in, they still have to make the game on a budget.

TL;DR - Nothing about making games is anywhere near as easy as people seem to think it is. They wouldn't have made this decision and stuck by it if they didn't feel they had to.

I just wish they explained themselves better, because all of the models are on the Switch via LGP/E

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

I just wish they explained themselves better, because all of the models are on the Switch via LGP/E

Source? I can't find anything confirming that there are models in the game for more than the main 151 + the new one, and the Alolan forms that can be transferred from Pokemon GO.

Even if they did, there's still a lot of work to be done to get everything looking right, which takes time and resources.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

So I've made up my mind, I'm not buying Sw/Sh. For a few reasons.

1. I've had serious issues with the direction Pokemon has been taking for a while, well before Dexgate (See here for some of them: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/pokemon_c... If there were ever a time to show TPC and Game Freak that their approach with the franchise is not okay, now would be it.

2. Let's be honest, with all the slimy business tactics they usually pull with these games, we know that Sw/Sh won't be the definitive Gen 8 games anyway. Next year there will be a Gen 4 remake or a sequel or a Pokemon Axe version that has more features that I could just buy instead.

3. If I'm being honest, I frankly don't have the time. I've been working my way through ORAS, and I'm going to try the Gen 4 games for the first time after that. These games drop right when I'm studying for my board exams, so I probably shouldn't play them at launch anyway.

@CanisWolfred
Oh my bad, so I actually didn't play LGP/E. I was totally under the impression that all Pokemon were in that game.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

This whole thing is one of those things where I largely agree with the complaints, but some of the complainers somehow are still hyperbolic about how bad this is. It reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy. The general complaints I agree with, but its not THAT important, even by the standards of complaining about video games. Relax. It's not even the worst thing first party Nintendo has done on Switch specifically!

Granted, I have no interest in more mainline Pokemon regardless of whether they fix these issues or not, I just don't like consumers (especially on the Nintendo side of things) getting screwed for questionable to absurd reasons. goes back to playing RPGs with compelling storytelling and better combat

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Snaplocket wrote:

@kkslider5552000 "Better combat," is 100% subjective. I don't know what you're referring to but there are few RPGs out there with better turn-based combat then Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of reasons why I'm not excited for this game but don't state opinions like they're facts.

This. Pokemon is pretty much the only turn based RPG (excluding SRPGs like Fire Emblem) that I can get past the second level of. The collection mechanic is exactly what I need to keep playing.

Gravitron

@iKhan Well no need to pay attention to this topic then. I am buying the game. I may not like everything I hear but I think its worth waiting to see what actually happens rather than spectate the worst. You are being respectful so dont take what I say as harsh.

Gravitron

iKhan

@Gravitron I'm not speculating the worst at all. I've been pretty disappointed with the franchise ever since I got back into it in gen 5. Sw/Sh don't look like they are fixing the long standing issues I've had with the game, but there are definitely elements that intrigue me (such as the Wild area). I figure that given that a lot of people are upset and are expecting the worst, this would be a good time to vote with my wallet to show I'm not happy with the direction of the franchise. I'm not incredibly attached to the franchise, and thus it's not incredibly bothersome to not pick up the next entry.

kkslider5552000

Implying I don't understand what subjective opinions are after putting out a subjective opinion is why Snaplocket was ignored and shall continue to be.

iKhan wrote:

This. Pokemon is pretty much the only turn based RPG (excluding SRPGs like Fire Emblem) that I can get past the second level of.

Most RPGs aren't divided into levels, levels are for improving stats. I mean, I get what you're trying to say but that's a weird thing to say in context of Pokemon or most games in the genre.

Also, most JRPGs are significantly better beyond the early parts, even compared to other gaming genres. (though quite frankly, that's also true of Pokemon)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Imagine if Pokemon game using the character growth like Final Fantasy X.
You can upgrade Pokemon's stats until Maximum, not tied by level and moreover.... Your Pokemons can do Break Damage Limit until 99,999 damage. 😅

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic