Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 862

MrAsmoday

I am still waiting for mine but It is Royal Mails fault this time

MrAsmoday

MrAsmoday

Update: Finally got mine haha Royal Mail finally came through. Now I can focus on getting the compensation from Nintendo that I/We deserve

MrAsmoday

gcunit

Just how much compensation do you feel you deserve? It's only Tuesday, with the product only having been put on sale on Friday. It's only 3 days late, and do you have anything in writing from anyone that 'guaranteed' you Day 1 delivery (and btw, an email from a customer service rep telling you it should arrive on Day 1 is not a guarantee).

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MrAsmoday

Honestly just like a £10-£15 eShop voucher will be enough for me. Something to show they know that they screwed the pooch with this after "verbally" agreeing that the pre-order will arrive on the release date.

Edited on by MrAsmoday

MrAsmoday

ROBLOGNICK

I've still heard absolutely nothing from the Nintendo UK Online Store. Very annoyed about their dishonesty and just general incompetence if they believed what they were saying.

Yes, I have my Switch. I got it on Saturday lunch time, yes it's only the day after launch. But do you know what? I expect an online store with the backing of a company like The Hut to know that getting these products to customers on launch day is paramount to the entire service.

Also, the Nintendo UK Online Store emailed me and said it was being sent by Next Day Courier so I will receive it Friday. When they later sent me a tracking number for a Royal Mail Tracked 48 service and I queried they said that was a mistake and my item would be received on Friday. I waited at work until 1930 when the Royal Mail tracking info updated to say they'd finally received the item from Nintendo that evening at 1830 and would be delivering it on Saturday.

If they'd have just been upfront about the cock up I'd be less angry about it.

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

Moshugan

Baroo!

I wanna play Zelda already! My Switch and the game are somewhere in the hands of UPS. The last status update was when the package left Glostrup, Denmark some 25 hours ago! It shouldn't have gotten stuck at any tolls since the shipment was within the European Union and all taxes were paid.

The estimated delivery date isn't until tomorrow, so there's no reason to panic yet, but it feels terrible not knowing where the package is now... :E

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

MrAsmoday

Nintendo wrote:

"After further investigation, we can confirm the following:

Dear Louie,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent pre-order of Nintendo Switch Console.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

We strive to ensure that all pre-ordered items are delivered to our customers on their release date and are sorry to hear that you have not yet received it.

We can confirm that your order was despatched on 02/03 and we would have hoped for you to receive it on the release date.

Unfortunately, due to the delay with the courier, your order was delivered on 07/03.

As a gesture of goodwill, due to the delay, I have added £14 credit to your account which is 5% of the consoles value. This can be used on a future order.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have cause and should you wish to contact us about this or anything else, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

Kind Regards,

Jack
Nintendo Official UK Store"

Interesting, Finally got a reply and around the compensation that I wanted. Switch and compensation haha It's been a good day

Edited on by MrAsmoday

MrAsmoday

Ryu_Niiyama

So I got Zelda yesterday so the majority of my order is complete. I still need a screen protector and I am waiting on my pro controller. I'm not taking it out of the house until I get a screen protector.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

oxo9

gcunit wrote:

Just how much compensation do you feel you deserve? It's only Tuesday, with the product only having been put on sale on Friday. It's only 3 days late, and do you have anything in writing from anyone that 'guaranteed' you Day 1 delivery (and btw, an email from a customer service rep telling you it should arrive on Day 1 is not a guarantee).

I need to dive in again here. I'm still awaiting some form of response/apology from NUK/HUT. 4 complaints now entered online via the order page. GCunit, are you serious? People ordered these consoles from these jokers back in January with an assurance they would be delivered on the day of release. Part of the joy of a new console is getting on the first day. NUK SHOULD be able to achieve that. Especially when they emailed and confirmed delivery on the 3rd. Many people took the day off (including me) as a result of that. Just to put you straight, they took the money and confirmed delivery in writing, that constitutes a contract in the retail world. So bore off mate. Do I want an apology? Yes. I know of people that ordered on the day before from NUK and got them on the 3rd via next day courier. Muggins here who ordered months before got his sent on a 48 hour service that was then subcontracted to another company. If that doesn't point to a colossal mess up nothing does.

oxo9

ChrispyNoodle

Once again, all those that got your orders late, get over it. You order something online, you run the risk of getting it late. If you were really that fussed about getting it day one you should have got it from a store.

ChrispyNoodle

DrunkenMelon

So thought I'd chime in here. Got the switch (finally) all in order on that side, although the T-shirt is a little on the small side for a medium. Still no response on the complaint at all. And to second what others have said the order was sent Royal Mail 48 hours, not the promised "next day delivery".

DrunkenMelon

Extragalactic

Zelda came today, now I just need a Switch! Going to lock my order in when the second wave officially hits the shores.

Extragalactic

Bunkerneath

Well, 9 messages to Nintendo Store after 120 hours (when they say they may take up to 48 hours during busy periods) and still no reply. This is just depressing

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Kaos-Incarnate

@ChrispyNoodle It is not the ordering online that was the problem, it was the tracking numbers they gave out not being recognised (means they didn't actually post them), not updating delivery information when they used Myhermes/Yodel to deliver to those that they delivered to (unless pressured to via the customer services) and it was also the email they sent out promising that it would be dispatched on Thursday via next day delivery with the tracking numbers being 48 hour not 24 hour tracking.

How they handled it was a mess and they handled other releases fine, as I have ordered from them before, rather than issue an apology publicly to those affected like other online retailers have, they have done nothing of the sort.

Edited on by Kaos-Incarnate

Kaos-Incarnate

burger_king

so anyone else pre-ordered all the next big games ? got my mario, mariokart and splatoon 2 on pre-order already ! dont want to risk missing out on release day lol

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

mav-i-am

ChrispyNoodle wrote:

Once again, all those that got your orders late, get over it. You order something online, you run the risk of getting it late. If you were really that fussed about getting it day one you should have got it from a store.

I don't think you realise how pre orders should work.

I was promised my Switch day one by Nintendo - in a chat with support staff, that is enough for the law.

If I am pre ordering and promised something on a date and it is late, that is breach of contract.

tbh, If Nintendo offered a delivery before 12pm I would take it, even if it cost a little more.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Monkey_Balls

To the people who have yet to receive their Switch... Sorry to hear that and I hope your issues are rectified ASAP.

To the people who have received their Switch later than expected... Sorry to hear that, but why insist on bugging Nintendo for an apology/compensation? What exactly will that achieve, apart from personal (yet arguably spurious) triumph? The company just had a worldwide launch of an estimated 2 million systems - some hiccups were likely to happen, and I'm sure they have learned from this without needing to be spammed by complaints (which will further disrupt their service, by the way).

Look, I know it sucks, but how about enjoying your new console and accepting that things can go wrong sometimes? Life isn't perfect - sorry if that's an unwanted revelation for some folk.

(Cue incoming hate: 3, 2, 1...)

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Kaos-Incarnate

@Monkey_Balls We are bugging Nintendo UK store/The Hut Group over it because it was their problem, they failed to work with couriers in a timely manner, had it been a problem with the couriers (over stretched or any other reason) I would be taking issue with the courier in question, but only if they didn't inform me about a delay.

Customer service is there for feedback, complaints and general inquiries and is a different department all together or should be in a big company, so other than that department nothing else is being "disrupted".

Edited on by Kaos-Incarnate

Kaos-Incarnate

ROBLOGNICK

Just had the worst customer service response from Nintendo UK over the delivery of my Switch. I want to reiterate my problem is not that my item didn't get to me on the day at all. My problem is they assured it me it would and repeatedly told me and clearly had no clue how my item was sent, who it would be delivered by or when and have not acknowledged this at all.

I've cancelled my preorders with them as they clearly don't value my custom.

Edited on by ROBLOGNICK

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

ROBLOGNICK

@Monkey_Balls Just an acknowledgement that they messed up would be nice and an "i'm really sorry". Instead they act like we're lucky to receive the item at all when in fact they are lucky we're giving them the custom. I don't want compensation, I've never asked for any.

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.