Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 891

SeaCocumber

Just managed to buy one (new) on ebay for $300, no tax added and free shipping. It's kind of weird, really, but I'll check if it's really factory sealed when I get it. Not that it would be a huge problem if its not, as long as it doesn't have any scratches or signs of wear.

I'm having a hard time believing it, feels like at any moment the seller will contact me saying he mistyped something. Anyways, I'm glad (at least for now) to get one after two weeks obsessing over stock checking websites

Edited on by SeaCocumber

SeaCocumber

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6255-9874 | Nintendo Network ID: haryor

JaxonH

@SeaCocumber
Congrats. Hope it all turns out well.

When I got my Wii U at launch, I couldn't find one anywhere and had to resort to eBay myself. At the time I wasn't very experienced (now I'm a seller with close to 300 verified transactions). But the person I bought it from didn't have any feedback. I waited and I waited and I waited, but the system never came. Thankfully buyer protection covered me and I got my money back. But I do put this out there as a warning of caution for anyone who buys hot, in-demand systems on eBay for MSRP. As long as the seller has good feedback ratings and isn't a brand new member, then you should have nothing to worry about.

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

SeaCocumber

@JaxonH it didn't <.<
he was actually selling custom painted joy-cons, but (I figure) didn't noticed his product page was for a Switch throughout.
Worse than waiting about a week and plenty of emails to get my money back, was that I missed several consoles for MSRP and free shipping on Amazon and Walmart while I was waiting for the return.
sigh

SeaCocumber

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6255-9874 | Nintendo Network ID: haryor

JaxonH

@SeaCocumber
Yikes...

Well, keep your ear to the ground. Major restocks happening worldwide. But I'd recommend waiting for a reputable retailer to pull the trigger. Or maybe a local shop there will have a few.

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

crimson-snwbnny

when the switch launched i was on my way to NY from Tx driving. i called every gamestop, walmart, target, bestbuy within my route and they were all sold out. Every time i walk into target i made it a habit to look to see if they had any in stock and always empty shelves. then on 5/23 i walked into target for some odd and ends. made my usual round to the electronic section. empty shelves. On my way to check to pay i noticed employees were restocking. Decided to test my luck. AND VUOLA 4 Nintendo switch boxes on the shelves i snatched one up so quick haha, i literally had walked by 5min earlier. walked out skipping and happy AF! LOL

crimson-snwbnny

Samus7Killer

crimson-snwbnny wrote:

when the switch launched i was on my way to NY from Tx driving. i called every gamestop, walmart, target, bestbuy within my route and they were all sold out. Every time i walk into target i made it a habit to look to see if they had any in stock and always empty shelves. then on 5/23 i walked into target for some odd and ends. made my usual round to the electronic section. empty shelves. On my way to check to pay i noticed employees were restocking. Decided to test my luck. AND VUOLA 4 Nintendo switch boxes on the shelves i snatched one up so quick haha, i literally had walked by 5min earlier. walked out skipping and happy AF! LOL

they impossible to find in the Seattle area (NoA's backyard) but i got lucky the week after launch at a gamestop amd line up at 5AM.
But i went to pick up yellow joys yesterday and the store had 8 switches in stock.

Im from TX btw and left that crappy state also.

Samus7Killer

crimson-snwbnny

Samus7Killer wrote:

they impossible to find in the Seattle area (NoA's backyard) but i got lucky the week after launch at a gamestop amd line up at 5AM.
But i went to pick up yellow joys yesterday and the store had 8 switches in stock.

Im from TX btw and left that crappy state also.

I hear ya. i been trying to leave tx for a while now. im not from here.

crimson-snwbnny

MegaTen

I received a message, and here's a rough translation:

Dear customer,

The release date of Cave Story+ moves from 31-08-2017 to 29-09-2017. This email was sent because we have this article for you in reservation.

Sincerely,
Nedgame.nl

A deep sigh.

Done with gaming. Farewell people!

blaisedinsd

I pretty much always see the system on the shelf at my local Target now days. It's never the same amount so units are shifting they are just doing better keeping them in stock

SW-7087-5868-6390

MarioBrickLayer

@MegaTen Is that a european retail release of Cave Story+?! I've been trying to find a pre-order in the UK and nowhere seems to have it. Amazon has a US import but that's it. I used live chat on the game.co.uk website and asked someone about it and they had no idea what I was talking about!

MarioBrickLayer

MegaTen

@MarioBrickLayer That's right. It's the only place I know of that has set up pre-orders for this game.

Here's a link for ya: Cave Story+ for Nintendo Switch

I wonder why it is delayed though. Head Up Games are in charge of the European distribution for this title.

MegaTen

I am considering canceling the pre-order of this, and get the Japanese version of I am Setsuna instead...

SuperLuigiTime

I was at my local Walmart store near my house earlier today and saw they have the Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch Bundle in stock already. I thought it wasn't coming to Walmart stores until next week.

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic