Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 862

Monkey_Balls

@Kaos-Incarnate @ROBLOGNICK I understand it must be frustrating for you to not receive your orders on time. All I'm saying is that it is pointless to be making a complaint if you have received the system and are happy with it. By all means, leave bad reviews about Nintendo wherever you can, but bugging the company about an issue they are already aware of (and can no longer change) will only cause you more frustration.

I'm sure that Nintendo/Hut are well aware of their failure (probably even before the first complaint came in). You are correct: it was their problem... They have probably lost customers, have probably learnt a big mistake, and have probably (hopefully) trained their staff and updated procedures in order to not repeat that mistake.

But for the customer? They can now choose to never use Nintendo again. They can complain and complain - they might receive an email stating an apology. Will that make you happy? They might offer compensation, but of course it will likely mean you'll have to use their services again to redeem that compensation. Will that please you?

Bottom line: Did you eventually receive your Switch, and are you happy with it? Those are the main questions. If you answered yes to both then what's the problem? If you answered no to either, then request a refund. Again, what's the problem?

@ROBLOGNICK Looking at the messages you posted on your Twitter, you received the Switch on the 4th, Vicki from Nintendo emailed you to confirm delivery, said "I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused" and offered further assistance, while The Hut Group have responded to your Tweet offering further assistance. You say you don't want compensation so I'm not sure what more you expect really...

Mistakes do happen (hundreds of thousands of units were sent out). I'm not saying "get over it", but maybe try to look on the bright side? Rather than hold a grudge, enjoy your new system. Zelda is waiting...

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

ROBLOGNICK

@Monkey_Balls It's not a personal reply and is no acknowledgement of their failures and therefore shows they aren't interested as far as I'm concerned. I'm not speaking to them again anyway and I've cancelled all my orders with them. I desire honesty and courtesy from a retailer and they have shown me none on this most important of occasions.

I am enjoying my new system. The only grudge I'll hold is on The Hut who run the store for Nintendo, not Nintendo themselves. So I'll be steering clear of using them for anything in the future.

Edited on by ROBLOGNICK

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

Kaos-Incarnate

Yes I do enjoy the product, but the service was terrible, thus I can send my feedback on the service. Otherwise how can they learn what they could do better?

Kaos-Incarnate

Bunkerneath

I have sent them 10 messages and they have not aknowledged one, I really just want a sorry we screwed up, but nothing? Its just completely unprofessional, just hope Nintendo themselves notice the hate

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Guys, there is only so much a peon in customer service can do. You'd be surprised how late they get information about product issues or updates and they can't apologize on behalf of the company. They can apologize for your inconvenience and if their job role allows for it they can give you some monetary compensation. However no one is going to write you a personal letter or give you a free system or something.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

DrunkenMelon

I think there's a little confusion as to why some many of us are p***ed off. Personally, I don't think this was an issue with Nintendo supplying the units late. People were emailed the day before release telling them that the orders were being processed and dispatched that day, with next day delivery. It would now seem that either they sent that email out without actually having the units in their possession or they just didn't process them. Deliveries were definitely NOT sent next day either, that was an outright lie. Sure you could say they were busy, a lot of orders to fulfil and all, but this is the launch of their new console, it's not unreasonable to expect them to get extra help in, if needed. Either way they've definitely deceived people with the email.

They've failed to respond to a lot of people's emails within their own timeline of 48 hours. A simple, sorry we are looking into your enquiry, from an actual person, would go a long way.

I know a lot of people are saying that people should stop complaining now they have the console and they're happy with it. But, the complaint's not with the product, it's with the service. They've failed to meet their promised deadline. If a shop like GAME or Amazon did this, people would be well within their rights to complain despite being very happy with the Switch console itself.
@Ryu_Niiyama

DrunkenMelon

Ryu_Niiyama

^why did you tack my name on at the end of this?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

AlbertXi

As everyone else I am really mad about the Nintendo Customer Service, and I don't care if the Hut Group, for me is NINTENDO, if that is company chose to run their official store is Nintendos problems not mine.

What I hate is that they LIED they know they lied, they keep telling me on every single email they sent the item on the 2 of march and it is not true, I have requested every single time my tracking number and they keep giving me the same stupid royal mail number that doesn't work.

So I bought my Switch on Sainsbury, but the one they were suppose to send me is still nowhere to be found and all they keep writing me is, we can't give you your money back until the unit is back at our warehouse.

So I ask them to freaking provide me with a tracking number to at least realize if they ever attempted to deliver if they delivered to a neighbour or what, because I have not received anything.

It could have even been received for a coworker for all I know, he could have hide it, stolen, or just playing me a prank how do I know where my system is without a damn tracking?

So what if I report as it never arrived and then they say oh but your neighbour has it according to our tracking and I get him in troubles?

Or what if it really never arrived at all?

So what do I do about it? what about my money? I asked for my money back on paypal, but now I have to scalate the situation and this could have legal repercussions to me.

But all they tell me is to wait more, but If I wait more I will loose the oportunity to scalate the whole thing with paypal, so basically, they have completely screwed me.

AlbertXi

ChrispyNoodle

@mav-i-am I don't think you realise how little I actually care. I'm balls deep in Zelda mate. All the best.

ChrispyNoodle

DrunkenMelon

@AlbertXi Can I check:
1) You still haven't received your unit from Nintendo UK?
2) They haven't provided you with a tracking number thus far?
3) You's since brought a switch from sainsburys and so would like a refund?
4) They are refusing to refund the order?

Assuming that's all correct, I would email requesting to cancel the order, guessing you've already done this. They are obliged to provide a refund under Distance Selling Regulations, you're not required to give a reason for the cancellation but I think it's pretty obviously to them by now. Seek advice from citizen's advice bureau. Hope that helps.

DrunkenMelon

AlbertXi

@DrunkenMelon
1. No
2. They Have provided me with a tracking number, but that tracking number says nothing, is a Royal Mail tracking number that all it says is we were notified to pick a product.
3. Yes
4. They are telling that before they can refund my money they need to have their product back on their warehouse.

How the hell am I suppose to give them the product back?

I did that, I did request my money, but their answer is they will not refund anything unless they have their product back.

I keep asking them for a valid tracking number and they provide nothing.

AlbertXi

DrunkenMelon

@AlbertXi hmm based off what you've said, the order has never passed through Royal Mail. Double check that on Monday though. If it says "Pre-advised" there's no chance you or a neighbour etc could've received it as Royal Mail has not received the physical parcel yet to be able to deliver it. I personally don't get the point of "pre-advised" as far as tracking goes. It's about as accurate as me calling starbucks telling the cashier I intend to order a coffee but never placing an actual order. There's nothing the cashier can do until I come in and actually order it. In short, if it's still stating "Pre-advised" then Nintendo still have the parcel.

How long ago did they give you the tracking number? If it was early last week or the week before then I'd say there's a serious problem, if they gave you the tracking number on Thurs/Fri then it may enter the system come Monday.

I would call citizen's advise ask if it should be referred to trading standards. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/repo...

Tell them you're still awaiting an online order that is long over due. The tracking number provided states that the parcel hasn't been received by the Royal Mail. You've requested a refund but the company are refusing, claiming you need to return to product that you haven't received. Keep a record of any communication you have with Nintendo and an up to date print screen of the royal mail tracking may be useful.

DrunkenMelon

dancinguy

I foolishly traded a bunch of things in towards a Switch at GAME and now have £280 on a gift card. However, it seems like GAME won't have any stock of the Switch until at least next month... Is there any way to get cash back from the reward card or is just going to be a case of me calling them every day to see if they have stock?

dancinguy

Bunkerneath

WOW! At Last i got a reply back from nintendo 11 days after my first message! See below:

Thanks for getting in contact with Nintendo.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent order placed through our online store.

We would like to apologise for our late reply. This is due to an overwhelming number of queries we have had to address over the last few days. However, where possible, we always aim to respond to any queries within 24 hours of any messages that we receive.

We are sorry to hear that you have not received your Nintendo Switch and Zelda: Breath of the Wild as promised for release day.

Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen processing error with our courier, your order was delivered later than expected.

As you did not receive your Nintendo Switch on release, we will look into the compensation you requested. You will be updated on this request on your Online Store Account.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, for any inconvenience or dissapointment caused.

If you require any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

Kind Regards,

Aurora Fields
Nintendo Official UK Store

Well that wasn't too painful was it? But blaming a courier error? Way to cop out Nintendo Store!
Bet i will not hear anything from them in the future and this email is also a lie.

How's everyone else's getting on?

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Bunkerneath

HA HA HA HA, just got an email from Nintendo Store giving me £18.50 credit to use on their website, 5% back of my order I suppose (as i ordered the console and Zelda BotW Limited Edition on the same order). Does seem a weird amount.

Looks like everyone has stopped complaining about this now that they have their consoles, well by the sound of it not everyone

I AM ERROR

Ogbert

@Bunkerneath I'm still in a battle with them. Hermes didn't deliver my order and the more they say the more convinced I am they stole it. I live in a block of flats and the intercom never rang, no knock on the door, they left no slip though they claim to have and they said they gave it to a neighbour "two doors down" but then the number they gave is on a different floor. And my flat is on the end so there is only one flat "two doors down" possible. Neither the flat number they gave or two doors down claim to have it or indeed be the person who signed for it, nor do any of my other neighbours. Not that I even gave permission for them to leave it with a neighbour and not that I wasn't in - I was!

I've explained all this to Nintendo repeatedly, filled out a claims form and they just got back to me today basically saying "check with your neighbour, ok? Bye!".
Have had to send yet another email (think this is the 8th or 9th?) threatening with legal action and a report to trading standards.

If an online order isn't not delivered within 30days or by the agreed delivery date (and I have 3 official emails stating it would arrive for launch) or is delivered to a neighbour without express consent from the buyer it is the retailers legal responsibility to provide a refund or replacement. They have admitted to me they beleive it was delivered to a neighbour and I had not given any permission to do that so they are breaking the law by not just refunding me.

Really hope this isn't going to have to be resolved by me calling them and demanding to speak to the manager. I can't afford that phone bill!

Edited on by Ogbert

Ogbert

Gameplay_Matters

I ordered my Switch on March 14th on Amazon.de. I have just been informed about a delivery window: April 21st to May 16th.

Wow, that's much later than I anticipated.

Gameplay_Matters

Bunkerneath

@Switchcraft That's quite a big delivery window almost a month

I AM ERROR

armyguy71

I ordered my red/blue bundle through Gamestop on March 22nd and it's due in April 4. Can't wait!

armyguy71

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.