Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 15,881

mariomaster96

@Grumblevolcano didn't we learn this leason already after the AC-Direct? i mean there was a rumor that said that we get an AC-Direct at february 20th and a normal direct the week after

this one also (obviousy) turned out to be false

mariomaster96

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Totally agree with you. Think people are way too desperate for news on games. For games we already know are coming, they can and have so many times in the past, just posted a tweet with a release date and a trailer. You don’t need a Direct for that and maybe with Xenoblade Chronicles, that’s not a bad thing as it’s a remaster anyway. For everything else they can wait until June or later to announce. But it all depends how confident Nintendo are they can get anything out with the way things are going.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@mariomaster96 In theory yes, but as we can see from last week in practice no. Most of the reactions to the Indie World announcement were different variations of "Real Direct guaranteed for March 26th".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

There isn't going to be a direct this month. Even I'm admitting that, and I was constantly saying there would be one.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Laoak

this is just painful now.

{funny quote here}

DannyBoi

I do wonder what is really going on at nintendo? If the Corona virus is affecting the direct, they are acting in strange ways.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Don

This is the perfect time to air a Direct with everyone stuck at home.

Don

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi Like I've said before, Nintendo was acting off even before coronavirus happened. The September Direct was very limited for content after Sword/Shield and Game Awards presence was extremely limited. It feels like it was always the plan for Q2 and Q3 to be limited.

I think Nintendo exclusives is going to look like:
April - Nothing
May - Xenoblade
Summer - No More Heroes III (my guess is late June), Bravely Default II
Fall/Winter - Announced later in the year

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WaffleKnight

I honestly didn’t think they were going to wait another week to air one. I can’t believe it.

I know they’re not obligated to give us a direct, but the prospect that they have nothing for the rest of the year is kind of frightening.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

WaffleKnight

They do have 3 or 4 titles that will get them through the first half of the year, but the second half?

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Neoguardian86

I’ll admit, I’m a bit surprised. Was fairly certain there would be one. At this point, for me, all bets are off.

I understand that it’s an exceptional time at the moment. Just that these things are pre-recorded, so i figured.

It’s not that i am for a lack of games to play, not at all. Just really wanna know whats coming from Nintendo in the next 6-12 months. Even if the dates are subject to change due to the pandemic.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

Quarth

There will be games. Don't worry.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

TuVictus

Yeah, as I suspected, that "leak" was more of a lucky guess.It's a shame, but it's always good to be reminded that people don't always have inside details, and we shouldn't have any expectations because of them. But, I'm still confident Nintendo will say -something-. At least, they have to when the fiscal year ends, right?

TuVictus

gcunit

TuVictus wrote:

... but it's always good to be reminded that people don't always have inside details

Personally I disagree. Anyone that follows gaming closely enough to be active on these forums should know by now that clinging on to 'leaked' information published on Twitter or Restera or wherever is a mug's game. I love these forums but I'm not a fan of having to wade through the amount of text given over to whether Leaker F is going to be right or not.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano I'd honestly be surprised if xc was may. Wouldn't they need a little more time to announce it and get it on store shelves?

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature I was thinking late May of which around 2 months notice is enough. Even in the case of no Direct for the forseeable future, I still think Xenoblade release date will be announced soon because of the eshop listing last week.

Grumblevolcano

LzWinky

That’s it. Nintendo ruined 2020. Thanks a lot!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's first tweet of the day:

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That’s either a deliberate troll or more likely, they had no idea what to tweet about due to delays or changes etc.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic