Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter XX for Nintendo Switch

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,296

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

I'm sure my plug-n-play keyboard will do fine... I think? Switch does support that in the dock, doesn't it?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Oh ya, I think it does actually

Still, nothing tops the good ol' keyboard with joycon attached. Just think, you can hold that big bulky keyboard in hand as you play, but typing will be easier! 😁

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

Wait, such a thing even exists?

But yeah, even I have sense to not type while actually fighting a monster. I just use the callouts.

Hehe, I liked my auto-callout for mounting in 4U. I should personalize a few in World.

ReaderRagfish

Reminds me of the controller for gamecube that was literally just a standard gamecube controller but with a full sized keyboard between the thumbstick and buttons. It looked strange as heck.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Spoony_Tech

Still no voice chat huh? I wonder if it could be patched in to be like Fortnights.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tsurii

Do we really need voicechat for this tho? We've been fine with the (pretty limited) ingame messages for years, at this point it'd feel weird not to send sentences in five parts

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Spoony_Tech

I would like it as an option. I used it for 3U although only with people I knew. Don't want to type while I play if necessary.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

zionich

I just hope that with the Nintendo Online we can send friends messages like Lets Hunt!!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Grumblevolcano

I think MK8 Deluxe, ARMS, Pokken DX, Mario Tennis Aces and MHGU/MHXX will be updated in September to support voice chat. Whether that ends up being the bad voice chat approach of Splatoon 2 or the better voice chat approach of Fortnite, not sure.

Here's some SDCC footage.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

zionich

@Grumblevolcano That's for the link!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Tsurii

Ugh, if there's one thing monster hunter I absolutely can't stand it's gamexplain "gameplay". They're not even remotely trying and still act like the usual know-it-alls. Nope.

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Joeynator3000

GameXplain aren't actual fans of this series, so...yeah.

Joeynator3000

Hyrule

Been umming and aahing about this game, but this is intriguing me.

Edited on by Hyrule

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage

JaxonH

Look at the little Korok kitty, oh my gosh!

I never usually care about crossover content. In fact I can't think of a single piece of crossover content to date I actually cared about, although I did go out of my way to get the Link and Marth outfits in MH4U.

But this? Ohoho I need this. Not the Link outfit, but that Korok kitty! He's adorable!

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Joeynator3000

Only crossover one I went for was Luna, lol
EDIT: Actually, in Generations I did go for the Yu-Gi-Oh one, because I needed a decent dragon weapon anyways. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

DarthNocturnal

At least it gives the Hunter an outfit. I feel like Palicos get all the fun. They got Classic Mega Man (twice). Why can't I have an X or Zero set?

I hope the Strider set comes to World. Although it's disappointing that World doesn't make the crossover sets layered armor, or have the armor fusing system.

Joeynator3000

Yeah it's annoying that Palicoes get all the fun, I was hoping for Sailor Moon's outfit to go along with Luna's, lol

Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Eh ehm...

38 days

One of the things that bothered me most about the crossover content armor is that it usually sucked or was low rank or had skills you just didn't care about.

BUT WITH TRANSMOG...

The metaphorical game has fundamentally changed. Every single armor pieces including DLC and crossover content will be able to be worn over your base gear. That, my friends, is what you call a game changer. Because in the end, we all know the game play hook revolves around fashion hunting 😉

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

Crossover weapons often fall into a select few categories as well. Usually the ones I don't use... like SnS.

I think World did get a DMC C. Blade though.

Tsurii

They should get a short trailer showcasing transmog ready, including putting Link or Samus over your preferred skillset. I'm convinced that alone would sell a game to certain people (we already got some of those again with the BotW collab on its own, even though very little players would use it for the skills, not that they're as bad as on most collaboration sets)

Edited on by Tsurii

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic