Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,057

SKTTR

I am level 38/50 in balloon hunt.
There's a ton of balloons to find. Probably 1000 my guess.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

MasterWario

Oh now I get it! If your balloon is grabbed by someone, it's out of the system except for using codes. You want to put it in the best spot possible so it lasts as long as possible. Could have been better explained, and I wish you could see more about each balloon in the stats. At least it tells you X amount of people tried them all in the notification.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Kimyonaakuma

I tried out Balloon World for the first time about half an hour ago, it seems good and a lot better than I expected! It has a decent amount of content for a free update.
I had to stop after just twenty minutes because my Joy Cons were making me quite angry as they like to do a couple of times a week, it's a shame that they cause me so many issues but I might return to it tomorrow.

Kimyonaakuma

chardir

@MasterWario I'm pretty sure the codes expire once your balloon is popped.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

toiletduck

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

I had to stop after just twenty minutes because my Joy Cons were making me quite angry as they like to do a couple of times a week, it's a shame that they cause me so many issues but I might return to it tomorrow.

A bit off topic, but maybe some advice since it sounds like an issue that occurred to me as well. Every now and then the camera controlls of MK8/SMO/BOTW went crazy and seemed to follow its own will. I didn't seem to have the problem playing handheld, which gave me the idea that it was about the wireless connection. I replaced my Switch dock so, that there could hardly be any interference. It was placed on my PS4 (swtiched of though) before, next to my stb. Now it has its own cabinet. Could be a long shot, could be worth the try!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

SKTTR

Yesterday I hid all 13 balloons (one in every world) and then went on the hunt myself.
Today five of my balloons were popped by players, so I'm just going to hide them again in better spots.
It's a very fun mode, I just wish more people would hunt my balloons. It seems players are discouraged to search for my ones because of the rank I have. But rank doesn't mean much. I just played balloon hunt all day long yesterday (I got a rough cold so it was perfect to get the day over).

Rank 38, the rank I am now, you can get in a day as well. This is the easy part:
Untitled
But after that the number of balloons you have to collect gets into grind territory.

Edited on by SKTTR

chardir

@SKTTR I think there's a slight flaw in that you are better rewarded for finding lots of easy balloons than spending multiple attempts finding harder ones. Personally I like the harder ones. Post your codes here and I'll hunt them tonight if they are still around.

SKTTR

@chardir I thought the balloon score rises when players failed and gave up.

Tiers for Rank 38:
Tier 2: Cost 50 Coins - Win 176 Coins / Win 352 Coins with Bonus
Tier 3: Cost 75 Coins - Win 264 Coins / Win 528 Coins with Bonus
Tier 4: Cost 105 Coins - Win 352 Coins / Win 704 Coins with Bonus
Tier 5: Cost 130 Coins - Win 440 Coins / Win 880 Coins with Bonus

Updated my Balloon Codes:
01. 002 XHP 121 - Mushroom Kingdom
02. 005 GK0 XB9 - Cap Kingdom
03. 007 WTX 99J - Cascade Kingdom
04. 005 3V7 RK5 - Sand Kingdom
05. 008 GDD BXJ - Wooded Kingdom
06. 001 9ND 9YB - Lake Kingdom
07. 001 JDM DC0 - Lost Kingdom
08. 004 R3N J81 - Metro Kingdom
09. 007 J3X NGT - Seaside Kingdom
10. 005 3V9 12L - Snow Kingdom
11. 000 5DV F21 - Luncheon Kingdom
12. 003 WVK 2WB - Bowser's Kingdom
13. 000 K4W FMP - Moon Kingdom

Edited on by SKTTR

chardir

@SKTTR Yes, the way the tiers work is kind of backwards. You are better rewarded for harder balloons, but it also costs more for each attempt. And since it's a harder balloon it's likely to take several attempts so your entry cost goes up without your winnings going up. On top of that, you earn stars for finding balloons (regardless of difficulty) and for winning streaks (also regardless of difficulty), so the incentive is to find more easy balloons.

EDIT: Also the lowest tier is 10 coins, so I guess at your rank you aren't even seeing the easiest balloons

Edited on by chardir

SKTTR

I think your 10-coin tier is my 50-coin tier.
At least one of them levels up +5 with each rank.

Edited on by SKTTR

SKTTR

Now that I'm rank 39, the 75-coin tier is no more. It has changed into an 80-coin tier, the other tiers stayed the same. So there's no five tiers, just 4. The 10 coin tier @chardir is probably the one that I have leveled into a 50 coin tier in my game.

Comparison between Rank 38 and Rank 39 (in braces)

Rank 38 (39):
50 (+0=50) Coins to Play = 176 (+2=178) Coins to Win
75 (+5=80) Coins to Play = 264 (+3=267) Coins to Win
105 (+0=105) Coins to Play = 352 (+4=356) Coins to Win
130 (+0=130) Coins to Play = 440 (+5=445) Coins to Win
So for Rank 40 I guess I get 180, 270, 360, 450 Coins to Win.

For "Balloons found":
Star #6 you get at 180 balloons
Star #7 (+120) = 300 balloons
Star #8 (+150) = 450 balloons
Seeing how things work Star #9 is possibly around 650 balloons and Star #10 is around 900 balloons.

Edited on by SKTTR

Haruki_NLI

Only thing I dont like is the out of bounds shenanigans.

Cascade Kingdom around the waterfall, people hide them in the walls on either side, one by crazy cap, one by the Chain Chomp Hole.

Metro Kingdom, the water tower on top of the building to the left when you enter the area, they place them inside the vent where you can see it but cant reach. And there is one a whopping 45m from the start point inside a building.

Sand Kingdom, if you ever get a balloon with an arrow pointingbslightly forward and straight down, its inside the base of the tower and you cant get it.

Other kingdoms may have this issue too but those are the three I have seen so far.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MasterWario

For the sand Kingdom isn't it just the hidden quicksand room?

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Haru17

@MasterWario Yes.

This mode was really annoying in the moon kingdom when everyone put them super far away from the start. I don't really appreciate the combination of speedrunning and not knowing where you're running to. It was more fun in the sand kingdom where you could get a good idea of what hiding place you were aiming for.

I actually got the win streak bonus down to a system in Tostarna — always go for the balloon hidden in the bottom tip of the pyramid via the slingshot. You can usually see it from the jump, and if it's hidden in the corner you'll be able to tell when switching between hidden balloons because the shadow clips through the wall. If that spot isn't offered, then pick the arrows pointing straight down and a little to the east: They will be in that secret room you need to sink into the sand and walk under the gap in the bottom of the wall to enter.

With the combo rewards I filled my coins up to 9999 a couple of times and bought all of the remaining costumes. You'd think they would have added more than three new costumes — one of which being a simple recolor of the pinstripe suit — to work toward, but I digress.

It'd be cool if they added some actual new content to this game. Like, paid DLC comprised of new areas like Mario Kart 8. Maybe someday Nintendo will realize how to replicate that, probably not.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Deku-Scrub

I love the Balloon World gamemode, and it definetly ended up way better than I thought, but I am so sick of these OOB balloons, there’s more and more of them by the day, and they are practically impossible to get to. I remember the first day when I was grinding like crazy with the high leveled balloons, and they were nearly all findable, now I can’t do a single high leveled balloon without it being a OOB one it seems like.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 The news section post already confirms that this update isn't the end of Super Mario Odyssey support. I see this as just a fun and easy way to get coins so you can get the costumes and 999 moons without having to grind, similar to how the Hero Challenge map in Fire Emblem Warriors combined with the rare materials blessing allows you to unlock crests at Camp without having to grind.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MasterWario

When I was grinding out my streak in the Snow Kingdom the two glitched balloons were always on my list no matter what, probably because the prize was so high. I'm considering that there aren't actually that many glitched balloons. It's just that they're showing up on everyone's list.

After playing through a lot more, I really like the idea. However, certain kingdoms only have one or two good hiding spots, like the Snow Kingdom or Cascade Kingdom. I know it would be nearly impossible to balance, but I wish you could enter alternate areas, opening up a lot of possibilities. Also, Glydon right at the start in the Wooded Kingdom makes the entire mini-game feel pointless there. Not sure what they were thinking; they removed him in the Sand Kingdom which was smart.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

gcunit

I tried balloon mode last night but jacked it in after my first balloon. Those load times were not fun, Nintendo.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JackDG

@YummyHappyPills Dude, in the and kingdom, there is a secret area in which you get a power moon normally, but it is a good balloon hiding place. To access you need to go to the giant sand pit to the right of the starting point and look around the wall until you see a small area in which you can go under. Thats all

JackDG

Switch Friend Code: SW-0885-6279-9098 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-1954-0084 | My Nintendo: JackDG | Nintendo Network ID: JackDG

JackDG

This is a question, I've been noticing as I've been ranking up that Luigi keeps on getting more balloons. At first he had one red balloon, then he had another balloon, then another, then another which was green. I am rank 38 and I am wondering how this works and if he gets anymore balloons attached to him.

JackDG

Switch Friend Code: SW-0885-6279-9098 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-1954-0084 | My Nintendo: JackDG | Nintendo Network ID: JackDG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic