Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 1,989

Krull

Hey, this game is pretty good... Starting to get a bit more stuck in to Odyssey now, and thoroughly enjoying the hunt for power moons.

For those of you who have already rinsed the game from start to finish, how fixated were you on grabbing power moons as you went? Is it better to try to get all the purple currencies and as many power moons as you can before moving on to the next world, or does it make more sense to wait for the post-game?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

GoldenGamer88

@Krull You can't really 100% a world before the post-game. Well, I mean you can temporarily but new challenges are unlocked in every kingdom once the final boss is defeated. I'm fairly certain you can collect all purple coins during your first visit, though.

Personally, I explored a lot during my first visit and made sure to finish each kingdom's story before I left so I often had way more than the required moons.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Have a nice day/good night!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-2433-9303
Currently playing: Xenoblade 2 (NSW), Splatoon 2 (NSW)

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Qwertyninty

Confession time.... o have never 100% a Mario game. I think after the main story the platforming and task of getting stars or moons become tedious and not fun. That’s where I am with odyssey right now. My wife is still into the game and playing away though.

Qwertyninty

MasterWario

@Qwertyninty I might be like this if the stories were longer, but as it stands with Mario games I don't get enough play time if I just go and beat the game. I am compelled to get more play time with my game, and once I start I go all the way.

There is an exception; Sunshine was just great though. People don't like the blue coins, but I pretty much like them for the reasons people dislike them, ha ha.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SKTTR

I complete Mario games 100% because for me the good parts come in the late game. Just beating Mario means I have only played the "easy mode", it means that I have obtained only the easiest Power Moons. It means I have mostly beaten challenges that I'm already familiar with from other Mario games.

But it's the late game Power Moons that are the best part for me:
the more challenging Platforming Moons where you need to learn even new moves,
the really-need-to-think-about-them Puzzle Moons,
the extremely well-hidden Secret Moons,
the new Fresh Idea Moons.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

GoldenGamer88

I completed Odyssey because, well, the main game is rather short, even shorter than some of the other 3D Marios (though that impression may come from the fact I haven‘t played the others as intensively as Odyssey in one day sessions). Plus, I‘ve also completed 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1. I just really like the game and its postgame so you can bet I‘ll complete it. Same reason why I plan on completing Xenoblade 2.

vibet

Like how 3D World was supposed to be a combination of 2D and 3D Mario. Maybe this is a combination of 3D World and Mario 64-style gameplay on here http://www.kizifan.com/sports/friv-mario-basketball . So we're at 75% of an actual 3D N64-style game.

Edited on by vibet

vibet

erv

finished it and loved it, will continue it for a long while, there's some very challenging stuff to do:)

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

tobibra

Saved Peach. This game might be my favorite Mario game, need more time to think if I like it more than 64, but its very enjoyable.
Love New Donk City, that out of nowhere dragon, and its really fun to just fool around in Mushroom kingdom. My only nitpick with the game would be, why did Bowser invite Pauline to his wedding but not Junior, Kamek or the Koopalings... I know he plastered posters all over NDC, but I don't see why she would go either.

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

GoldenGamer88

@tobibra EXACTLY. And not only that but where are they supposed to sit, no matter whom he invites? Sure, there are tables so catering is guaranteed but it‘s a church, every church of this scale has benches.

Qwertyninty

Game just isn’t fun for me anymore. Either way I can say now I prefer the galaxy games over the “open world” type Mario games.

Qwertyninty

Dev

@tobibra: Not inviting his own son is especially cold considering how eager he was to make Peach his "mama" in Sunshine. It was definitely a missed opportunity to have a lot of Bowser's minions there. Bowser could've just brought all of them to the wedding and it would've been a great turnout. Also, where was the minister or priest to officiate the wedding ceremony?

Dev

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817

ValhallaOutcast

5 moons left these ones are killing me

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

GoldenGamer88

@Dev Or how he forgot to invite Kamek, the guy who freakin raised him. A boss rush-type of prelude to the final boss, where you fight through Junior, all seven Koopalings and Kamek would‘ve made the fight much better. Or they could‘ve aided him in the final battle. Pretty much anything that changes up the actual boss fight. Not really a fan of it. It‘s too easy and too similar to the first encounter with the only change in difficulty being the number of hat clones and the times you need to hit Bowser and watch out for his tail swipe. Thinking about it, the flippin 'boss fight' against Meowser in 3D World was more climactic and fulfilling than Odyssey‘s (never expected to say or write this. Yuck.).

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Dev

@GoldenGamer88: Yeah, agreed with 3D World's final boss. Even Galaxy's felt more epic even though that was pretty underwhelming too. It's weird that the Broodals weren't there, and they were the ones who planned it! It's even weirder after Madame Broode's line, "which is why we're all here now!" Um, no they weren't, unless she was talking about the Dark Side that wasn't unlocked yet.

Dev

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817

spaceagehero

Currently at 380 moons. Still loving the game, though finding moons has now become a lot harder! What's everyone's favourite Kingdom?

spaceagehero

Haru17

Lake Kingdom, it had better Zoras than Zelda.

I'm seeing Mario on cereal boxes now, that seems about right. It's surprising just how far Nintendo fell out of the mainstream during the Wii U.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Snaplocket

@GoldenGamer88 3d World's final boss fight was AMAZING, don't get what you're complaining about there.

@Haru17 FYI, pretty much every one of Nintendo's big franchises on the Wii U still sold several millions.

Snaplocket

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic