Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 241 to 260 of 726

Tyranexx

@nintendobynature: I can be at least somewhat reasonable with special editions. I at least didn't fall for the BotW Master Edition. I thought an extra $30 just for a plastic Master Sword (cool as it looked) was pushing it a bit. $99.99 vs. $129.99 isn't as painful. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

redd214

@Blitzenexx I'm in no way a collector but if they have a special edition for this with some cool bits I would definitely get it as well. I was 2nd in line at my local gamestop when the switch preorders opened and had a chance to get the BOTW master edition but I passed on it. Called up 20 minutes after leaving and they were already gone. Definitely won't make that mistake again

redd214

NintendoByNature

@Blitzenexx lol I never get special editions for anything but for some reason I'm feeling a little wild this go round, i may get it if it's announced

Reversible cover would be cool too like in Samus returns

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

GeoChrome

GyroZeppeli wrote:

Don’t forget always cool 😎

@Link-Hero Decent minds think alike.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Deku-Scrub

@Delibheel But what does LA stand for? 🤔

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Anti-Matter

LA = Love Amour
LA = Lavender Aroma
LA = Lingustic Anomaly
LA = Like Amateurs
LA = Ladies Affair
LA = LOL Always
LA = Simplified of La La La La La
LA = Lost Amulet
LA = Lame Anecdotes
LA = the sibling of LE, LI, LO & LU
LA = the first word you sing LA...... !!
LA = Love Affair
LA = the unexist Japanese letters.

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

@Dezzy: It is understandable to pay full price for a 4 year old game that's still as good as new.

But a 26 years old 15-hour Zelda game shouldn't cost as much as a brandnew 200-hour BotW.

I buy Link's Awakening for 40 max, but for 60 it needs to have at least the Switch Printer included (sequel to the Game Boy Printer), plus the original and DX versions. And online multiplayer.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Eel

You can kind of already take pictures of your game and print them without fancy Nintendo branded accessories.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SKTTR

Delibheel wrote:

You can kind of already take pictures of your game and print them without fancy Nintendo branded accessories.

I don't mean screenshots. I mean actual in-game photographs you can collect at several spots in Link's Awakening DX and then print them out with the Game Boy Printer.

Eel

But.... You can take screenshots of that too...

Like, no joke, you can go to any game with a camera mode, take a screenshot of that, and print it. Right now- no little toy printer required.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SKTTR

@Delibheel That's absolutely no compromise! I'd miss my tiny sheets of paper and the big black&white pixels.

Tyranexx

Ah yes, I forgot about the photographs! Most of them are pretty entertaining.

I think this one is my favorite:

Untitled

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

shadow-wolf

Yeah pricing will be interesting to see. I’m expecting $50, but if they add a few new features I could see them try to justify $60. While $40 is the sweet spot and in line with several classic games Sony remade for the PS4 like Shadow of the Colossus and Ratchet and Clank, knowing Nintendo they’re probably not going to settle for less than $50. Considering the scale and the fact that the game scale wise and gameplay wise doesn’t seem too far off from the Game Boy original, $40 would be much more palatable.

shadow-wolf

Dezzy

SKTTR wrote:

@Dezzy: It is understandable to pay full price for a 4 year old game that's still as good as new.

But a 26 years old 15-hour Zelda game shouldn't cost as much as a brandnew 200-hour BotW.

This is some contrived logic. Donkey Kong is probably under 15 hours. And the fact that a game is originally 26 years old is largely meaningless. Most of the downsides that come from its age will be fixed in this new version, so its original age doesn't really mean anything. All that means something is the age of this incarnation, that's what you're paying for....which is brand new.

Almost no Nintendo games should cost the same as BotW if we're going by this logic. Yet they do. Nintendo just averages out the price of their games so that some are much more profitable (per copy sold).

That said, I do think they'll add some new content to justify the likely $60 price tag.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

StuTwo

I strongly suspect that we'll see a lot of new content in this remake of Links Awakening.

Purely from a marketing perspective they'll need to have something to catch attention and stoke the hype fires closer to launch. Otherwise the game will just be smoothered out of the conversation when it launches at the end of the year.

From a gameplay perspective there are clearly a lot of things that could be added that might all mesh in quite well with both the dream like storyline and the toy-like visuals. There could be extra dungeons, hard modes, extra characters, hints/homages to other Zelda/Nintendo games. They can really do as much as they like and at the moment they don't need to unveil any of it.

The biggest thing that I'd expect them to add (which has been speculated upon by some of the coverage) is a Four Swords esq multiplayer.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

jump

Considering all we know is from a barebones trailer it seems a bit too early to complain about the game's pricing.

One thing I'm curious about is if they are going to included fmv sequences in the game like at the start of the trailer. I'm sure they could make the game and video art styles to highlight the island is a dream world.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic