Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 521 to 540 of 594

LeDave

My left Joy Con just failed on me the second time now last week. It failed a couple days after I received it back from the repair. I have bought a new one just now because I heard they fixed it without using piece of foam. I think the foam piece of my failed joy Con must've fallen off inside. I've thrown my old one away and am having no issues with this new one so far. If anything, I will post here for update.

Edited on by LeDave

LeDave

NaviAndMii

@Gorbash333 Yeah, I've seen them! They look really, really nice as well! I've just heard that installing them invalidates your warranty, which is the only reason I haven't gotten myself a pair of my own...still, judging by the variety of different 3DS/2DS models available on the market these days, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we start getting a whole range of different official Joy-Con models to choose from - transparent/translucent would be very high on my personal wishlist! Make it happen Nintendo!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Gorbash333

@NaviAndMii Oh yeah! Thanks for bringing that up. I totally forgot. I'd hate to be the reason someone unknowingly voided their warranty.

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting on the NES and SNES joy-con.....someday....
I haven't felt compelled to get any of the current joy-con so far, until I saw the ones comin with the Odyssey bundle!

"I've got a bad feeling about this."
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 6169878641
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp ID: 2267 5362 394
Super Mario Run ID: 7751-0544-7394
Switch ID: SW-2850-4667-2503

Epindon

[removed]

Edited on by Octane

Epindon

Gorbash333

@QwertyQwerty Yeah, Same thing here. I play handheld mostly and the right joy-con is a little loose. I figured that would start to happen eventually. It’s been like that for about a month or so. It hasn’t gotten too bad though.

Octane

@Epindon This is a forum, not a public billboard. No advertising please.

Octane

blaisedinsd

I have had a couple of instances, going from pro-controller to handheld in Zelda where the sytem will not let me change controllers.

It say's press L+R on the controller you want to use but doesn't recognize it when I press the buttons on the attached joycons. I can go to the home menu and navigate like normal with the joycon but when I go in the game it won't let me change controllers.

Anyone else have a similar issue or know what might be going on? I end up having to switch back to the pro controller or close and reopen the software. Attatching and removing the joycons doesn't seem to fix it.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Gorbash333

@blaisedinsd Yeah, I've had similar issues. I just always end up re-syncing the joy-con. It does the trick, but it is pretty annoying.

Lroy

Is the d-pad as dysfunctional/poor as has been rumoured on the Switch Pro controller? Been eyeing one up since Switch launch but the grip proved a workable alternative much to my pleasure. I still want to buy a Pro controller but £50 - £70 for a controller which doesn't sound as if it offers the premium d-pad one would expect is worrisome. For those that have experienced this issue (unresponsive or misreading player inputs e.g. Detects up when in fact the player pushed right etc. Less than optimum performance for certain d-pad preferred games et. al) is this something that Nintendo can likely fix with pro controllers manufactured in the future? I mean does the more recent Splatoon pro controller have this exact same d-pad and its lack of precision? Or is it an issue we're stuck with unless Nintendo produce a 'new' Nintendo Switch pro controller?

Thanks for any clarification on how bad the performance issues are and the likelihood of any fix. Would you still recommend picking one up for £56 ? Current price on Amazon.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

cambotero

QwertyQwerty wrote:

The rail on the right Joy Con is showing a bit of movement with handheld mode, a bit concerned that it's going to snap off. Anyone getting that? It started all of a sudden yesterday, I can wiggle the controller when it's attached to the unit and it wasn't like that before

The same happens to me.
It started short after buying Mario Kart 8 DX, so I thought it was caused by me grabbing the switch harder when trying to get a better lap time...

Anyway, it was some months ago and the issue has not gone worse...

cambotero

blaisedinsd

Well I have a joycon on the right that doesn't fully lock and now I have a right analog stick with some slightly mis-shaped rubber.

Is it easy to take the rubber on and off the analog sticks? Can you buy replacement?

I guess this is a good excuse to buy new color joy-cons possibly

SW-7087-5868-6390

Gorbash333

@blaisedinsd I don't think it's easy removal, but you can get the thumb stick caps. They actually feel better anyway.

I got the gel guards with the caps and they both come off with ease.

Inertiacreep

So i thought the colorful joycons looked really nice like everyone else and kind of didn't want to get the switch with the greys... but then i thought of the fact that if playing handheld these things are right on the sides of the screen and probably detract from the screen and give worse black depth perception. So I've decided to get the grey ones but i was wondering what everybody else thinks of this?

Inertiacreep

Gorbash333

@Inertiacreep I personally got grey and am very happy with that choice. Especially considering I take it on the train to work everyday and don't really want to draw too much attention to it. Also, as I play in handheld the majority of the time I ended up getting some gel guard grips and you can get those in any color you want!

zitpig

I'm very happy with my greys - I never wanted the neons.

zitpig

CaPPa

I wish that the Switch had the same configuration as the Wii U GamePad as that was the most comfortable controller that I've used. Having the right stick below the buttons feels awkward to me.

CaPPa

Samus7Killer

CaPPa wrote:

I wish that the Switch had the same configuration as the Wii U GamePad as that was the most comfortable controller that I've used. Having the right stick below the buttons feels awkward to me.

agreed.. i can't stand asymmetrical sticks. I prefer a more balanced pad. DS4 is my fave pad of all time

Samus7Killer

Zyrac

Asymmetrical sticks on the Joy-Cons was necessary to make them work individually. I do prefer it myself, anyways. I'm a GameCube kid, I guess.

Zyrac

Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

CaPPa wrote:

I agree and I've a lot more to say about the Switch Joy-cons but I'll save that for another discussion.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Sorry, this topic has been locked.