Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 501 to 520 of 594

Luna_110

I prefer the Pro Controller, I find it extremely comfortable but if I ran out of battery I don't have a problem using the grip. I just find it a little small compared to the Pro.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

NinROCK3T

The grip looks akward & square-ish, but it really feels amazing! I don't mind holding them separately, but I have to grasp kinda hard so I don't drop them b/c they're so dang small. I tried out using the wrist straps which only helps slightly. Using a single Joycon horizontally is also surprisingly comfy minus the SL & SR buttons, which are a joke tbh. However the wrist strap's L & R triggers are much better, but still not ideal. I have yet to get a Pro Controller, but I can imagine it's as comfy if not more so than the Grip.

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

electrolite77

@shadow-wolf

The Joycons in the grip is not bad. The Pro Controller is better no question, but not by as much as I expected. Not great with Splatoon 2 in my opinion, I use the Joycons detached for that, one in each hand which feels great.

In terms of feel, there isn't an obvious comparison. As far as weight and shape in the hand goes (but not button layout or size), the Grip reminds me a bit of the Saturn's 3D Pad.

For anyone who doesn't want to spend on a Pro Controller, I've seen the wired Hori Controller out in the wild. No idea if it's any good but it's only £27.99 in Game near me (Glasgow).

Edited on by electrolite77

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

mav-i-am

Joy cons with grip is good, Pro controller is great.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

NintendoPete

Joy Cons detached is personally much much better. I decided to send in my right Joy Con after testing another one which didn't have the issue that the Switch complains about having low battery. But in order to play I also bought the Splatoon pair of Joy Cons (neon green and neon pink) which looks awesome =) and when I get my Joy Con back, I have the means to play 4 player cooperatively, either. Pro controller was not an option for me.

NintendoPete

Hawkstream

I love the pro controller but the fact that they wont let you switch and A and B buttons so its the same as Xbox and PSx controllers is exceedingly annoying!

Hawkstream

ThomGee

I got another pair of Joy-Con and a grip for them that I thought was the official one, but it turns out it was a 3rd party one from PowerA. Has anyone here gotten their grips, and if so are they good?

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

If the Pro had a D-Pad and analog triggers, I'd buy one in a heartbeat - but, for my money, the Pro doesn't quite offer enough to justify the expense (I find the Grip to be perfectly comfortable, personally) ..still think it's a real shame about the digital triggers - particularly on the 'Pro'

I still think I'll be able to get by in a game like Rocket League by feathering the boost - but I'd prefer the precision of analog - and soooooo wish that the Pro went down that route instead...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

Pro controller shoulda had a headphone jack in it like the DS4
But i guess Switch cant handle streaming the sound/mic yet The Gamepad could stream the video, sound and mic all together. Shame really.

Also, i picked up yellow joys recently. Sold the Greys. GreyJoys are ugly.

Samus7Killer

NaviAndMii

Just saw these custom 'Atomic Purple' Joy-Con in a post on IGN (made by an NVC fan called Daniel Boone)...

Untitled

Oh man, I want them sooooo much! ..I'm still rocking my Atomic Purple controller on my N64 - a matching set of Joy-Con would be magic! Make it happen Nintendo!!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

frabbit

@NaviAndMii Holy Sh**, I want these. I'd also like a see-through toaster.

Kieran

CroRock

Is it normal that my right joycon drains battery faster then left one? My console is 2 monts old and mostly playing Splatoon 2 and Zelda. When I check battery status on controllers left one is showing full and right one almost half. Should I request for replacement? Also ZR trigger on that one loose.. it have 1mm distance when pressed before it clicks.
Sry for my bad English

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

ProtoDroid

@NaviAndMii Wow that's awesome!!! If i was the kind of person who modded my console, I'd totally try to do that!!

ProtoDroid

Vargavinter

Hey gang! I had a controller specific question you might help me with. Since I have problems with my muscles in my both arms I can't play games that required frequent use of clicking down the sticks, because then I get inflammation in my muscles.

1. How stiff are the clicks or how much force do you need to press down the stick on the joycons and the Pro controller? (Sadly I have no means of trying it out my self)
2. And do games on the Switch rely much on having to click the sticks?

Thanks.

Vargavinter

ThomGee

@Vargavinter

1. The sticks on the Joy-Con, at least, are fine to click. Not insanely satisfying, but they work. They don't require an incredible amount of force, but they aren't exactly incredibly easy to click either.
2. No, not at all. The only game I've had to click the sticks in was ARMS to guard, but now you can customize your controls, so you will probably never even click the sticks.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Zyrac

@Vargavinter You also need to click the right stick to use specials in Splatoon 2, and that can't be customised away. It takes little enough force on the Joy-Cons that I've occasionally done it by accident, but it's hard to say if it would give you trouble.

Zyrac

Twitter:

camege

Question Please - Just ordered a switch online, not received yet. I have a few controllers for existing devices, i was wondering if any of these can be used instead of ordering the pro controller.

Nvidia Shield Controller
Xbox One Wireless Controller
PS4 Controller
Steelseries Stratus XL Controller.

If yes, is there any config? how do I connect?

Thanks in Advance

camege

Vargavinter

Nintendoer wrote:

@Vargavinter

1. The sticks on the Joy-Con, at least, are fine to click. Not insanely satisfying, but they work. They don't require an incredible amount of force, but they aren't exactly incredibly easy to click either.
2. No, not at all. The only game I've had to click the sticks in was ARMS to guard, but now you can customize your controls, so you will probably never even click the sticks.

Zyrac wrote:

@Vargavinter You also need to click the right stick to use specials in Splatoon 2, and that can't be customised away. It takes little enough force on the Joy-Cons that I've occasionally done it by accident, but it's hard to say if it would give you trouble.

Thanks guys for your help. I will get a Switch so I can play Mario with my son, hopefully most games wont use to much of clicking.

Vargavinter

Sorry, this topic has been locked.