Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 721 to 740 of 944

Yosheel

Oh well... I guess a clone of previously unique character... Is... More ok?

Ryoma Is supposedly super good anyway.

Now that you mention it, I did notice he had thunder effects during a mission where he was an ally. I didn't question it.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

Yup, Ryoma is really strong and the most fun to use to me, so Owain being a clone of him is not that bad.

roy130390

Swordsman83

what's the difference between US special edition and EU limited edition ?

Swordsman83

Yosheel

Probably the contents

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

I like how everytime I feel like the epic good guy and I'm going to do a special attack, the game zooms in the face of my character to remind me how dead inside it is (the 3DS versions are hilarious). Jokes aside, I really love how the particle effects look in the attacks. There's something really addictive about looking at all the flashy colours, lights and other effects happening. I also really like how everytime I pause the game the music changes from the rock version of a theme to the classic one, continuing exactly at the same point without any problem, it's a really neat touch.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

Yosheel

Azura in particular looks like she is bored to death in her warrior special.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

roy130390

How's the dlc by the way? I haven't been able to get it but I definitely plan to buy it oon.

roy130390

Yosheel

Well I'm planing to go through the maps in order, so it will be a long time before I play the DLC maps. The characters are really nice though, and having lancers that don't suck is a great incentive.

I'm currently playing Etrian Odyssey V, so my progress will be even slower.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

roy130390

Oh yeah, Etrian Odyssey V... I still have to finish IV and since my save file got deleted along with many others, I really have to be in the right mentality to start again. It's a really enjoyable and challenging game, but just thinking about my whole progress lost and having to do literal dozens of hours to reach the same point where I was demotivates me.

Anyway, I finally used Tiki and she's funny and cute, but I haven't seen her turn into a dragon. I don't know if it appears with the Awakening mode or I need to promote her, but I'll try that later. I have to say that every character in this game is enjoyable to play, including the pegasus knights. I still need to get used to them though.

roy130390

Yosheel

She's like young Link from Hyrule Warriors, her regular strong attack trasfers her special gauge to her awakening meter, and her awakening makes her fight as the dragon. All her attacks are different (except the regular strong attack) and much stronger in her dragon form, so you'll want to try and use it as much as you can.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Beedrill4Smash

@roy130390 @Meowpheel You know, I really wish I could enjoy Tiki, but I think her regular attacks have such a laughably bad range. I think I'll revisit her after upgrading the awakening time meter, and get her a dragon stone with awakening gift. Other than that I would say all other characters (Somewhat withholding Pegasus Knights) are fun to play as...except Corrin. I don't know why, but I just don't care for her.

Beedrill4Smash

Yosheel

The one thing I don't like about Corrin is how... Fake... Their transformation animation looks in their special (I think it's the special?) It looks like someone took the skeleton of their models and decided to animate it by hand in a few minutes.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Grumblevolcano

The Shadow Dragon DLC comes out February 15th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yosheel

Thanks.

Meowpheel wrote:

So, after a series of weird events I now also have the switch version of this.

I feel kinda guilty buying the same game twice in such a small frame of time, but whatever what's done is done. At least I have something to play on the switch.

I thought it would be a bit annoying to start over, but I'm catching up to my 3ds version. And I still play that one too, the switch can only go so far.

Interestingly, I noticed the game tends to lag in handheld mode, even during the victory cutscenes, which is unfortunate. Also the single joycon playstyle is lacking, and it changes when on multiplayer (I set my buttons to match the Hyrule Warriors style). There doesn't seem to be a way to fix it either. Not like I'd play multiplayer too much, since it's worse regardless of the mode.

Anyway, just as I was praising the 3ds version for being so stable, I got a weird glitch where the audio for the battle introductions got all out of sync. It was funny. Thankfully it fixed itself after two intros.

Talking about the 3ds, now that I have both versions, I can say it's quite amazing just how accurate the 3ds version is. I see basically no changes in effective enemy count, everything works identically.

Eh! My gameplay videos

RR529

Had a weak moment and ordered this last night. Finished up the main quest in BotW earlier in the week, and figured I could just do some extra sidequesting in it & XC2 (which I've also completed the main story in) until Kirby releases, but that's still over a month away and felt the need for something more beefy to sink myself into until then. Will be here tomorrow.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Cynas

Meowpheel wrote:

Azura in particular looks like she is bored to death in her warrior special.

I'd like to think for Azura it's just to replicate how she looked in the game when she did the dance
Untitled

My favourite characters to play as are Ryoma, Takumi, and Azura. I leave the 4th slot for either Robin or Frederick, depending on who I need in the situation. Once I finished the main story and adventure maps I thought I would be done with the game, but I'm happy I picked up the DLC. The DLC itself wasn't necessarily the reason I got addicted to the game again, but it was setting goals for myself, like unlocking True Power and Divine Power for character specific weapons, getting the best skills for my characters, getting all the crests, and hunting for the best abilities to put in item slots. I really hope the next set of DLC is pretty difficult because as it stands my characters are pretty overpowered. I really hope Linde is going to be a unique tome user. Minerva seems like a clone of Camilla and Navarre seems like a basic sword user/clone of Ryoma.

On a side note, having all my main characters be Fates heroes makes some of the restricted fights pretty annoying. It wasn't bad with the Fates DLC because most of the restricted maps were for Fates characters, but I might have to switch my mains for the next 2 waves of DLC.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Yosheel

Haha when I said that I was actually playing the 3ds version.

In that one her expression is even more... Sedated.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

RR529

Played the first few chapters this afternoon (up to where you get Chrom, Lissa, & Fredrick).

Playing on Normal/Casual settings (I usually play Classic with main FE titles, but don't think it'd be a good fit for Warriors, IMO), with Lianna as the MC. Pretty fun so far, though I'm just getting started.

BTW, how do you change costumes? I was notified that I got one for Lissa, but don't see anyway to change it in the Camp/Convoy menues.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Yosheel

Classic is very... Inconsequential

The only difference is that when a character dies in a story level, you need to revive them. I don't think it even works in the history levels, which is like 90% of the levels.

That's it.

The funny part is that you can't change from casual to classic. Ever. I don't get why.

You can change costumes in the same menu where you can change weapons and skills.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Tsurii

@RR529 regarding changing costumes... Unless they changed that in an update (or I'm just incredibly stupid and never found it) you have to switch costumes before you pick a character from your list of available units.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic