Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,768

Ralizah

FF7 is a beautiful game that suffers from being an early 3D title. The pre-rendered backdrops look good on an SDTV, but they're just sort of fuzzy looking compared to the cleaner character models in the HD versions. And boy, those character models have always been rough, but their primitive polygonal builds are especially apparent in HD.

I really wish SE would opt for an OoT3D-esque remake where it just keeps the game the same and adopts cleaner-looking character models and backdrops. No, instead they want to do some AAA reinvention that likely won't release for another ten years.

It's still one of my all-time favorite games, though. This is my OoT or Mario 64, so to speak. It's the game that really introduced me both to JRPGs and to 3D gaming as a whole.

King-X wrote:

another you're dating, and so on.

I genuinely love the tense, sort of angry gondola ride with Barrett during the "date" sequence.

It's also my favorite of the date sequences (that I've played), because Tifa choking on her confession is frustrating to watch, and Aerith can't stop talking about her stupid ex-boyfriend.

I have no idea how Yuffie's date goes, but, knowing the character, I'm sure I probably didn't miss too much.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
LOL
Where is FF XVI if FF VII remake become FF Seventeen (XVII) ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

In my opinion :
1. FF 7 was good in gameplay system but the game was Overrated and overmilked by the sequels and prequels. I have ever finished once and never think to replay again.
2. FF 8 was the Beautiful one. I really like the Latin Opera of Libery Fatali, character design, Junction System, musics, City design, etc.
3. FF 9 was great in story and gameplay system, but wasn't great in character design and Single hit Only during Battle (No multiple hits in 1 turn). Overall i still like both FF 8 & 9.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

@Harmonie, there's a few places you'll probably still have such problems, even with the indicators to help.... I still get confused in some areas!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Xyphon22 wrote:

How does VI compare to the rest of the series, gameplay-wise? I'm playing through it on the SNES Classic right now, and a lot of the stuff just seems extraneous. Is this normal, or do other games mix it up? I'll copy and paste my thoughts from the general thread:

I'm playing through 3/6 on my SNES Classic right now. I don't think I'm that far into it yet (I just did the opera scene and got on the airship). It's fun, but I don't think it compares to Chrono Trigger yet. It seems a lot easier, and there appears to be no reason to ever pick the Fight command over the special power. The only thing that makes it difficult is that the Blitz commands never register correctly so I usually waste a turn with Sabin. It's like Chrono Trigger was amazing, but more of a straightforward RPG, so they put a lot of extra fluff in this one that are mostly overpowered or useless (I actually don't know which game was made first). Does it pick up, or stay like this throughout the game?

That stuff changes in every game. The battle mechanics are different in all of them.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

3dg3d3m0n

So, I have heard of final fantasy, but that is it, never seen any gameplay, and I have never played any of them. Due to all the hype, Im thinking of trying one of them out while I wait for Cuphead, which one would you guys recommend or should I just go back to endlessly dying in Dark Souls

3dg3d3m0n

Geobros

3dg3d3m0n wrote:

So, I have heard of final fantasy, but that is it, never seen any gameplay, and I have never played any of them. Due to all the hype, Im thinking of trying one of them out while I wait for Cuphead, which one would you guys recommend or should I just go back to endlessly dying in Dark Souls

I played Final Fantasy IX last month, the game is just epic!!!! Final Fantasy VII was great too but the graphics are really bad for a 3D game. If you like turn based classic RPG you will love both!

Or....wait till Final Fantasy X which is more easy to play if you are not familiar with Final fantasy games.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

komodo182

Final Fantasy IX is one of my favorite games. Highly suggested to anyone debating about picking it up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Glitchling78

I’m replaying FFIX for what’s probably the fifth (possibly more) time, but first time not on the PS1. I’m loving the ability to turn off random encounters, as it’s basically hard mode whilst also cutting out the fluff. I wouldn’t recommend it for a first playthrough but it’s a fun way to play.

Glitchling78

JaxonH

@3dg3d3m0n
I’d say Final Fantasy X. And here’s why:

Final Fantasy X is regarded as one of the best FF games, and depending who you ask, one of the best JRPG’s of all time and even one of the best video games of all time. But you’ll hear the same thing about FFVII and FFIX, so why am I recommending this game over those?

Quite simple, really. Final Fantasy X is a remastered PS2 game, whereas those others are just PC ports of PS1 games. And while they are good, no doubt, they are extremely dated. And that may be fine and well for fans of the series, because fans of the series are already attached to Final Fantasy and thus will be much more willing to look past the dated visuals and design. Someone who has no attachment to the series is going to have a much more difficult time getting into the series with those particular entries.

On top of which, I think FFX is the better game anyways, but I’m not using that in my argument because I know that’s subjective. A person who hasn’t played FF isn’t a fan of FF, and anyone who isn’t a fan of FF likely isn’t a fan of JRPGs. And anyone who isn’t a fan of JRPG’s is going to have a tough nut to crack if their first foray into the genre is a hardcore, stone cold, PS1-era JRPG.

I used to hate turn based games. But that changed after I played 2 specific titles- Fire Emblem Awakening and.... you guessed it, Final Fantasy X. It made me a fan for life. And it’s modernity and approachability was a key aspect of why I got hooked in the first place.

So that’s my advice. Next week Tuesday, Final Fantasy X/X-2 drops on Switch. Take the opportunity to play a timeless classic, and if you enjoy it, jump on Final Fantasy XII which is coming 2 weeks after that, and once you have an appreciation for the series, perhaps go back and then play Final Fantasy VII and IX

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cineologist

I'm currently playing FFVII. I haven't played it since high school (2004-2005ish). It's amazing how much details I'd forgotten that it feels like a new game. I have a whole new appreciation for the Materia system.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinéphile)

3dg3d3m0n

@JasonH
Thanks for the advice mate, Final Fantasy X it is then, appreciate your write up

Cheers

3dg3d3m0n

komodo182

3dg3d3m0n wrote:

@JasonH
Thanks for the advice mate, Final Fantasy X it is then, appreciate your write up

Cheers

I keep trying to get into FFX, but just can never seem to get into it and go back to FFIX.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

jump

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but does anyone know the file size of just Final Fantasy X-2? I've seen box art saying X-2 is just a download code.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Geobros wrote:

jump wrote:

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but does anyone know the file size of just Final Fantasy X-2? I've seen box art saying X-2 is just a download code.

You can find it in the page of the product. It is 15064.89 MB, about 15GB.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/FINAL-FANTAS...

Isn't that the download size of both X & X2 tho as it's under "Download version (Nintendo Switch)" and the game cart card details aren't mentioned?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Geobros

jump wrote:

Geobros wrote:

jump wrote:

You can find it in the page of the product. It is 15064.89 MB, about 15GB.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/FINAL-FANTAS...

Isn't that the download size of both X & X2 tho as it's under "Download version (Nintendo Switch)" and the game cart card details aren't mentioned?

No, there is a note on the beginning of the description that both of them is 25.9GB size.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic