Forums

Topic: Error Code: 2618-0519 (help an Octane in need)

Posts 21 to 40 of 43

Octane

@Inertiacreep Nope, it's a regular online match. The game first checks if you can connect to the internet, that works fine, but then it fails when it tries to connect to other people.

@JaxonH I'm getting C (I assume that's the same as 3). It's type 2 on my PS4. Primary DNS was already set to 008.008.008.008, I'll change the secondary too and see if that makes a difference...

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii Nah, it was the tower, just like in the first Splatoon. I'm glad I'm not that stupid

Octane

gcunit

@Octane Have you contacted Nintendo yet?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@JaxonH Tried both, but no luck. Even lowered the MTU value, just in case my router wasn't compatible with 1500, but no luck either...

@gcunit Not yet, but I figured some folks on here are way more competent than their entire customer service combined. I'll send them an email later today and see if they know the answer.

Octane

Inertiacreep

@Octane well they need to change their error message unless they are using a switch for a server because you are not trying to connect to any console you are trying to connect to the server.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Octane

@Inertiacreep Splatoon 2 doesn't use any dedicated servers AFAIK. It's all P2P, so in a way you are still connected to other people's consoles, and not a dedicated server.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
I think it's your NAT type. You really want A or B. I know D is the worst but C can cause issues too

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NaviAndMii

Hi @Octane, I was experiencing regular error messages in Splatoon 2 online matches (disconnects etc) - I had an unrelated problem (Joy-Con's not syncing correctly) so did a full shut down (hold down power button for 12+ seconds) ..not only did that resolve my Joy-Con issue, but it also seems to have resolved my Splatoon 2 issues as well! ..either it cleared an error in the Splatoon 2 cache files or something or, as @Zyrac suggested, I may have had an IP conflict that the full shut-down resolved (turning flight-mode on and off may have done the trick if that was the case) ..either way, my WiFi connection seems to be a lot more stable now - so maybe that'd be worth a try?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

@JaxonH That was my first guess, but I'm stuck at C, and I can't seem to change it. I think I've tried everything at this point.

@NaviAndMii My connection is stable, that isn't the problem. The Switch can connect to the internet, I can access the eShop, and I can also get past the connection check in Splatoon. The issue seems to be related to online play only. I've turned my console off every night so far, and I'm not using the Joy-Con either. As JaxonH suggested, it's probably related to my NAT type.

Octane

Octane

@gcunit Not yet, but thanks! I'll try it out when I get home later today!

Octane

NaviAndMii

@Octane Oh man So, in game, you're able to get past the 'connecting to internet' screen - but can't enter a lobby, ever? ..my issue (only for Splatoon 2) was that I'd disconnect once every 5-10 matches - which is a bit different, but has since been resolved.

I was just throwing the '12 second power down' thing out there because it wasn't something I was aware of - if you hold down the power button for 12 seconds, it performs a different kind of shut down than the regular way (via the power options screen) and seems to resolve most common issues with the Switch...

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Octane

See these 4 responses...

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/cant_play_...

So, I'm thinking call your ISP , or, worst case, get a new router

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Inertiacreep

@Octane this is teams of what, 5v5 and there are no servers? Huh

Inertiacreep

Octane

@JaxonH Thanks, I'll try that out if gcunit's suggestion doesn't work! It's odd that the Switch is the first console that gives me trouble with online, Wii U and PS4 work fine.

@Inertiacreep 4v4, and yes no dedicated servers.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Ya, I'm pretty sure you need NAT type A/B to play online, and more and more games are restricting NAT to play online, not just Splatoon 2. Not exactly sure what the reasons are behind that, but something is causing more and more devs to restrict NAT types.

MegaMari0

Know anybody else with a switch? Have them try theirs on your network. If they also have the same issue that least narrows it down to router or ISP and not your switch.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

TuVictus

That's so frustrating, man, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Especially after your previous switch issue. I'm honestly surprised you're still working on it, after reading everything about DMZ, static IP, port forwarding and whatnot, I would have returned the dang thing. I'd also be cursing Nintendo in every breathe, if that's the only device that doesn't work on my new router.

I hope the solution is simpler than it seems!

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Inertiacreep

@Octane I had to google this because all the years I've been playing games online I thought that's how they had to work was everybody had to connect to a server to play together... I feel kind of ignorant now and it kind of confuses me so Im going to stop reading about it lol.

Inertiacreep

Octane

@gcunit Tried both suggested solutions in the links provided, still nothing unfortunately.

@MegaMari0 A friend of mine has one, but he's traveling abroad currently, so not much of use at the moment.

@Operative2-0 I hope so too, I'm going to visit my parents this weekend, so I'll try it out on their router, just to see if it's my router causing the issues or not. Then I either call Nintendo's customer service, or my provider to see if we can work this out. It should be simple, I have no idea why it's so complicated in my case.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.