Forums

Topic: Error Code: 2618-0519 (help an Octane in need)

Posts 1 to 20 of 43

Octane

The Switch and online have been a challenge so far (I never had an issue with any other consoles/devices).

The problem is Error Code: 2618-0519 whenever I try to enter an online match in Splatoon 2:

Nintendo%20Switch wrote:

Error Code: 2618-0519

Unable to connect to the other user's console.

Please try again later.

If the problem persists, your network conditions may not be suited to stable online play.

The connection is wireless, but not more than 2 metres from the router. Getting at least 40/20 download/upload. Which is sufficient. I've port forwarded the Switch in my router. I've enabled UPnP, but I still can't get it to work.

Anyone have any experience with the Switch online infrastructure and know how to fix this? Would be appreciated!

Edit: Put the Switch in my router's DMZ, doesn't fix the issue either. I'm at a loss.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

gcunit

@Octane I don't have any insight here, so I'm just gonna ask the obvious questions:

Do you have any other online Switch games, such as Mario Kart or ARMS, and if so, how do they fare, connection-wise?

How about eshop - any issues connecting to that?

What about the News page, does that perform properly?

Have you updated your Switch to the latest firmware?

My instinct suggests you've tinkered too much with your setup, purely because mine worked as intended straight out of the box, no tinkering required. But you defo wanna make sure you're on up to date firmware.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@gcunit Splatoon 2 is my only game.

Everything works fine, eShop, news page. It isn't the connection itself, that's working. The Switch refuses to use it because it deems the connection ''too weak''.

Everything updated to the latest version too.

The problem is that it didn't work straight out of the box. All I did from my end was to secure the Switch is getting the strongest possible connection.

Octane

gcunit

@Octane Then I'm gonna have to bow out, I think, but offer you my sincere feels - you're not getting the luck of the draw with the Switch so far.

I've seen others waving about router issues, but I've not had any problems so haven't been paying attention.

Only other suggestion is to find another router somewhere, preferably one that's known to work with Switch games, just to be sure it's your router/settings that's the problem.

Good luck.

Octane

@gcunit All I can do is try out a mobile hotspot right now, but other devices have no issue connecting with my router. I can play online on PC fine, plus you know, streaming and whatnot works fine too.

Octane

gcunit

@Octane Yep, I know, streaming, Say no more, say no more.

Samus7Killer

Lotsa known issues with wifi problems for the Switch across the internet... did you try connceting wired?

Id contact Nintendo before youre spending money on a new router. Switch has poor wifi...just the way Switch was built.

Samus7Killer

Octane

@Tsurii Not going to buy another one This one is only a few months old.

@gcunit Tried my mobile 4G hotspot. Same error code, which is strange, cause it should work according the internet. Heck, I've seen people on these forums say they've played using a mobile hotspot. And considering everything else works with my router, I'm thinking it's a Switch issue... I shall try another router this weekend when I'm away from home...

@Samus7Killer What's the point of a portable console if you're tethered to an ethernet cable? I should work on wireless connection.

Octane

Samus7Killer

Sounds like a switch issue indeed. Id return that unit for another.
Sorry.

Samus7Killer

Ralizah

@Octane
Sounds like it's having NAT issues.

Have you tried:
1) Fully turning your Switch off and on with the power button?
2) Changing the DNS settings for your network in the Switch's internet settings menu?
3) Calling your ISP and explaining the problem?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pho

@Octane Try calling your service provider? I had to get a Static IP to port forward so I could play online.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

MegaMari0

xPH03N1Xx86 wrote:

@Octane Try calling your service provider? I had to get a Static IP to port forward so I could play online.

@Octane ^^ what he said. Haven't done it myself but setting up a static IP address may help. Configure router to let that IP through. It helped me solve my WII U issues to this day.(static IP + DNS changes)

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Octane

@Ralizah I turn the system off every time I'm done playing, so that isn't the issue. I'm also certain I should be able to fix it myself before giving in to whatever awful customer service is awaiting me.

@JaxonH @xPH03N1Xx86 @MegaMari0 Thanks a bunch, I see if I can set up a static IP. I already set up an IP for the Switch manually, I assume that's enough? The DMZ tab in my router asks for either a dynamic or static public IP, but that's the external IP. The Client IP is the Switch, but I don't see how setting it to static will do anything for the Switch, since I assumed the issue is the router handing out random IP addresses to the Switch.

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii Hold the button for a while, select options and then ''turn off'' or whatever it was. I know what I'm doing

Octane

gcunit

Octane wrote:

I know what I'm doing

Try telling your router that

Inertiacreep

Did you notice how you said it said unable to connect to other users CONSOLE not unable to connect to NETWORK or SERVER? Because i noticed that right away...

Inertiacreep

Octane

@Inertiacreep I know, I can access the eShop, so I know it is able to connect to the internet, but it refuses my network for online play. It didn't work on my 4G mobile network either...

Octane

Inertiacreep

I don't have a switch so i don't know what kind of settings this thing has but it sounds like its trying to connect for local play

Inertiacreep

Octane

@Inertiacreep I'm going to facepalm so hard if I have been selecting local co-op all week...

But I'm certain it was just a regular online match...

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
I'd check what NAT type you're getting, via Switch internet settings. That's the first thing I'd rule out. Type D will connect but won't get online play, which is likely why your hotspot doesn't work (Verizon is only one that consistently works that I'm aware of)

Assuming it's fine, all I know is if you set up a static IP, use DMZ for that IP, and then on the actual Switch settings for DNS manually set 008.008.008.008 for primary and 008.008.004.004 for secondary, and MTU value of 1500 that matches your router...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.