Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,221

CurryPowderKeg79

Maybe because i'm a noob(been playing for only 2 1/2 weeks) but i'm totally enjoying the game. I can only get to the gold league and i usually finish 5th, 6th or last. Sometimes i win or come in the top 3 but not often. But the main thing is i'm still having fun. I've spent $6 and plan to spend $6 more or so not because i have too to win but because i think the developers deserve it. Is the game perfect no, but it's the only free 2 play game that's ever gotten it's hooks into me. It's the arcade racer i've been looking for on Switch. And it was free!!!

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

bluedogrulez

@Cyndy75 I think there are many here who have spend little to no money, using time, patience and skill to achieve a ton and to enjoy this game for months. I held out as long as I could without spending a dime, but eventually caved to a $1.99 pack here, a $4.99 pack there, and while never plopping down any big money (or the Car-Pack DLCs) have now spend more than what a AAA title costs. But here's the thing, I've played this game for more than 200 hours (and likely 300+ before all is said and done). So I'm still getting my money's worth. Make no mistake, this is one of the finest, if not finest, arcade racer to ever grace a Nintendo console.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Grumble24

I’m 40 hours in and haven’t spent a dime and have maybe 15 cars? I think it’s very fun and worth it for free. If you can’t win without paying to win then maybe it’s just not the game for you?

BIGGER
BADDER
BETTER
SW-2987-3750-2108

komodo182

@Cyndy75 over 330 hours so far. I did give them $12 so far, but that was mostly since I wanted to support the game a bit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Sunsy

@Cyndy75 I've been playing since launch. Aside from the $2 Porsche starter pack, I haven't spent a penny. Every car I unlocked from just playing the game, collecting gold coins and blue tokens from daily tasks, events, and multiplayer modes.

I use those blue tokens and gold coins I earn from playing on the Asphalt shop on packs or blueprints. I even ended up unlocking all the cars from the Starter Pack on the eShop for free this way just by playing. I usually save blue tokens and gold coins for the car blueprints I want, or the occasional pack.

It is possible to play without spending a penny, just requires a lot of playing and a lot of time. I just bought the $2 Porsche pack because I like the game, that's it for me.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

komodo182

interesting events this week

bluedogrulez

@komodo182 So right. Crazy overload this morning!! New League Season. New Pinninfarina event (my H2 needs a boost for Gold league). That Chinese new year one with gobs of rewards. So many offerings.

EDIT: I forgot the biggest one: The Koenigsegg Event! 440 mph with slip streaming....crazy fast.

Edited on by bluedogrulez

Welshland

@bluedogrulez I'll have to get on this tonight then. Haven't played in a couple of days

Switch Code: SW-5831-8679-3975

komodo182

@bluedogrulez Not that I can do anything with it haha. I keep getting 1:59

bluedogrulez

@komodo: nice! I have not able to collect in stage 1...did better in Stage 2.

Is it me or has the MP matching, starting grid and rewards changed? Seems like both player rank and vehicle rank being weighed now. Definitely seems more fair, but i’m creeping up the ranks at like 30 points per win. This might take awhile, lol.

Sunsy

Question, anyone else getting a "game closes" error when the game starts up? So far the only way to fix it is to just redownload the game again, I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the game starting up.

Usually after redownloading, I can play it, but I shouldn't need to redownload the game.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

komodo182

@Sunsy Try updating it if you haven't already.

komodo182

@bluedogrulez It seems different to me. Lower winning points it seems, but even poor placements get some points it seems. I'm platinum. Not sure what area you are.

Sunsy

@komodo182 Using latest version. It's not a big deal as it doesn't happen often, it just gets a bit annoying having to redownload. Sometimes I'll log on during the day to claim the free pack or check the Legends Store for blueprints. Even if I'm not going to play at the moment.

Edited on by Sunsy

komodo182

@Sunsy that would be annoying. report it to gameloft?

Sunsy

@komodo182 Think I will try that route then when I have a bit more time later. Still curious if anything similar happened to anyone else.

komodo182

@Sunsy I had it before, but the update and or redownloading fixed it

Sunsy

@komodo182 Redownloading usually fixes it. Browsing Gameloft's own forum archiving and redownloading seems to be the only solution. Hope they fix it, they seem to be aware of it.

CurryPowderKeg79

Yea @Sunsy i've gotten it 3 time in the last 2 1/2 weeks. And others on this site have said they get it too. But like you said redownloading it fixes it. Well till it gets corrupted again.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic