Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,221

komodo182

@Qu0te No issues logging in this morning for me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

bluedogrulez

I got in this morning before the 7am shop update and all worked well. I actually have had no problems this week (in the US).

I've made it a habit of closing the software before putting my Switch to sleep to avoid software/connection issues when I pick up play later. (There was a slight update last week intended to address this but not sure if it worked).

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

ThanosReXXX

@bluedogrulez I always close all software, when I return to the home menu. Seems like the logical thing to me. They kinda evolved that from the Wii U, where it was mandatory to close software, if you wished to return to the home menu, so I suppose that Nintendo kinda figured that we'd know how that works by now...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bluedogrulez

@ThanosReXXX I would counter that it was Nintendo that evolved, lol. All my other Switch games function just fine when the Switch is activated from sleep mode, whereas Asphalt would crash or fail to connect to its own network (and then crash).

Grumble24

@bluedogrulez I had the same problem until the last update to Asphalt, it actually froze my switch three times where I had to hard power down / up.

BIGGER
BADDER
BETTER
SW-2987-3750-2108

ThanosReXXX

@bluedogrulez Well, I meant in a factual way, not in an arguable way: on Wii U, you HAD to close software to get back to the home menu, and on Switch you can either do that, or select to keep it in sleep/pause mode, so that IS an evolution of sorts, no matter which way you look at it.

And if all other games work just fine and Asphalt does not, then it's definitely not Nintendo's fault, but a shortcoming of the individual developer.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bluedogrulez

@ThanosReXXX Agreed that it's on the developer. But otherwise a ridiculously great job on this game. N

@Umbrage Hill Great to hear that update fixed it! Now, if they could just allowing me to edit my Driver Name : )

ThanosReXXX

@bluedogrulez Yup. Aside from a few niggles, I've found it to be quite enjoyable and it looks pretty good too.

Dave666

I haven’t been able play it just keeps crashing on the loading screen

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

bluedogrulez

@Dave666 There's a second Asphalt 9 thread here called "Asphalt Down" with users experiencing the same thing. Seems the thing to do is remove the software and reload it. I was told to do the same thing by Gameloft on its forum to cure my Driver Name issue...they assured me I would not lose any data, but am leery and have too much progress at risk to try just to change my driver's name.

Continued my love/hate fest with the card packs this morning. Lovely free pack: last Lotus BP to star up. 75 Token Ferrari Pack: 6 BP for my maxed out (non-anniversary) Camaro, which converted to 60 measly trade tokens. Grrrrrr.

C-Chakra

@bluedogrulez hey bluedog. I can also assure you that you won't lose your progress if you reinstall. I've done it twice now. 1st time because I thought it would help my steering issues. And this time round because I just got a new SD card. I didn't even transfer data from the old card, just put the new one in and downloaded the game. Everything was the same. I'm 99.99% sure your progress is attached to your Switch user.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

bluedogrulez

@C-Chakra Woah, that is brave of you and glad to hear you did not lose your SIGNIFICANT progress! Thanks for the advice. Maybe all do that the next time my main rides are out of gas so I don't have to be Driver 4590 anymore, lol.

Commandervide0

If game loft can’t be bothered to fix a small bug like the driver name issue then there isn’t much hope they’ll fix the bug causing the game to crash on the load screen. I’ve put 100 hours into this and it’s become one of my favourite switch games, so I’d be a bit gutted if it didn’t get fixed.

Commandervide0

komodo182

@Qu0te I contacted them about an issue and it did get fixed. I'm 215 hours in myself haha.

Commandervide0

I contacted game loft and they just gave me a generic response on ways to improve my internet.

Commandervide0

komodo182

@Qu0te Well that's useful lol

bluedogrulez

Less than 40 points away from going Platinum for the first time. Keep your fingers crossed for Driver 4590 (and don't crash me brah, lol)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic