Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,221

Darknyht

@C-Chakra You are on a tear in Club status. I am going to feel like an underachiever if this is your regular progression.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

komodo182

I really hate multiplayer. No matter what my car just blows up from someone. Normally 2 or 3 times per race and it gets really annoying.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Darknyht

@komodo182 Right there with you. Although I am occasionally getting a second or first place finish because I can pull ahead of everyone else. The bad part is that I am at a point where I have to run multiplayer if I want to accomplish anything for a club.

Darknyht

Grumble24

Has anyone beeen in first in multiplayer and then after passing the finish line get bumped to 3rd or worse? I was having a great multiplayer round last night killing it and then the games like haha no you’re actually in 3rd. Idk if there was an update to multiplayer or what but I though if your connection was poor you got booted from the race but it seemed to not be showing the poor connection symbols over cars anymore. I also drove right through another player. I am on the fence about multiplayer mostly because of the connection issues even if you think your doing great a car can just appear and wreck ya.

BIGGER
BADDER
BETTER
SW-2987-3750-2108

komodo182

@UmbrageHill A lot of the time its cars that drive through you or you drive through them (they are red/pink/clear) and them you just explode.
That's what happens to me.

I can't do anything in career mode right now until I upgrade cars. So its just the multiplayer and daily event unfortunately.

Grumble24

@komodo182 yeah that sucks :/

I have lots of career stuff to do still but i have been doing daily events and multiplayer to get the daily goals and upgrade my cars / get more blueprints.

BIGGER
BADDER
BETTER
SW-2987-3750-2108

Darknyht

@komodo182 At least the Viper can kill the current Jaguar pull mission. Unless I get bad luck, I am drawing all three cards. Already got the 20 freebies from Mercedes and Viper, and managed to get to a three-star Jaguar so-far. Actually hopeful I will max it by the end of the week.

Darknyht

komodo182

@Darknyht I have been doing that. I think its 3 stars now. Didn't bother paying to upgrade it since it wouldn't be faster than another B car I have.

Darknyht

@komodo182 It just needs to be good enough to push me past the season it is necessary for. I already have the list of cars I want to focus on upgrading. Everything else only gets what it needs to pass seasons where they are necessary.

Darknyht

komodo182

@Darknyht I'll upgrade it if its worth it when it maxes. But it won't help me with seasons right now. 1026 flags right now

bluedogrulez

So I may be trying to make myself feel less old here . . . anyone else have MUCH better multiplayer result on the TV as opposed to handheld mode? I was toasting the field this morning with the first Lambo (at 2,003) and shockwave boosted into something that I still couldn't tell you what it was, lol. Can see everything coming so much better on the big screen....

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Grumble24

@bluedogrulez I think it’s a lot better on the tv with a pro controller personally. The joy one just feel awkward for this Gabe to me.

BIGGER
BADDER
BETTER
SW-2987-3750-2108

Darknyht

I think I will finally be able to clear the VW Mission, but those Shelby cards I am starting to think are going to end up being a special event that only happens once or twice a year. I think I am going to fall short of the final Jaguar upgrade by about 10-20 cards, but I am sure that one will be back again sooner or later.

Anyone going for the Beast blueprints?

Darknyht

komodo182

Finally starred up the centenario

C-Chakra

Nice one... I'm 1 blueprint away from 3 stars on the Centenario now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Daniel36

bluedogrulez wrote:

So I may be trying to make myself feel less old here . . . anyone else have MUCH better multiplayer result on the TV as opposed to handheld mode? I was toasting the field this morning with the first Lambo (at 2,003) and shockwave boosted into something that I still couldn't tell you what it was, lol. Can see everything coming so much better on the big screen....

The game is nigh on unplayable in handheld mode. The controls seem laggy. It was fine the first few days when my car was slow, but now? If I want to win at anything, I need to do it with a regular controller. Maybe that is why some people here seem to dislike multiplayer? If they only play handheld I implore them to try out on the big screen with a regular controller. Much better!!

Yesterday was the first day I didn't feel like playing much. I did do my dailies, but nothing after that. Ah well, maybe today will be the return for me.

Daniel36

komodo182

@Daniel36 I dislike mp since I get blown up 3 or 4 times per race by people behind me.
I rarely play any game in handheld mode. My switch is in the dock like 99.9% of the time.

Darknyht

@Daniel36 It honestly doesn't matter which way I play it. I generally play handheld mode because that is what fits with where I am, but on weekends I can play docked. I have been able to pull off some second place finishes, but the random Japanese players that infest multiplayer games when I play create too much chaos otherwise.

Darknyht

Daniel36

It's odd that I have totally different experience with multiplayer. Also hardly ever run into Japanese players but maybe that's a timezone thing.

Daniel36

Darknyht

@Daniel36 I am generally playing when it is 7 P.M. in Japan, between 2 and 5 A.M. in the US and only 9 or 10 A.M. Europe during the week. They are the most likely to be playing when I play multiplayer.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic