Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,221

bluedogrulez

Looks like I better start spending my tokens on those packs then!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Darknyht

@bluedogrulez The higher to garage level, the better random stuff available in the packs. You will still get crap frequently (just pulled yet another base Camaro card this morning for 10 trade-in points), but you have a chance for better (Got my first A-Class because of a Lvl 7 multiplayer pull gave me the last card).

Besides Money comes easy from Daily and Multiplayer, even if you lose you earn something.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Daniel36

I sometimes buy cards, sometimes packs. Depends on my mood.

Daniel36

C-Chakra

I made it to Legend! Damn that was hard. Now aiming for top 100 before the season times out, i'm 128th at the moment.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

bluedogrulez

@C-Chakra : wow! Congrats and good luck cracking the Top 100. You can do it!!

Daniel36

I am still a ways off for Legend, but did manage to push through a LOT of career levels last night. After finally getting the red Camaro everything after was a breeze. A well timed level up gas refill meant I was busy for 3 hours straight. Good times.

Daniel36

Darknyht

Sent a request to join Seige Engine.

Darknyht

Daniel36

Once Siege Engine is full, everyone here feel free to join my team, Go Weird Racing.

Daniel36

Darknyht

I will give that at least the new Multiplayer mode is interesting, but once you get out of the pack for whatever reason you are basically in trouble now.

Darknyht

Daniel36

Not sure if I like the new slipstream mechanic... and I had fallen out of top 1000 before the end of the season... oh well, top 3000 had a pretty good prize package too!!

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

Darknyht wrote:

You will still get crap frequently (just pulled yet another base Camaro card this morning for 10 trade-in points)

I found these sage like words comforting as I pulled 4 VW concept blueprints from a 65-token pack last night, lol.

Got a W for Siege Engine to start the new season this morning amongst a few other races in which my performance could be best described as "totally incompetent"! Why can I not see these [stoopid] trains?!?

Any advice for a good start in multiplayer races? It seems the first 20 seconds of any multiplayer race I either break away from the pack (woohoo!) but more often fall way back. I typically boost blue like 5-7 secs in but its seems like other cars race on by at the start.... (my car usually has very good stats compared to the other racers, so I know it's me, doh).

Darknyht

@bluedogrulez Only thing I have found that works is be lucky enough to start in position 1 or 2. Anything after that means you are rolling the dice that the people in front of you are not going to create a mess you cannot get through. There are a lot of people that think serpentining all over the place does something other than ensure that they (who lose needed speed at the start) and everyone behind them (who are obstructed) loses.

Darknyht

Darknyht

@bluedogrulez A lot of Asphalt 9 sites recommend staying on the outside to avoid touch screen players, but that probably doesn't apply on Switch. Most also recommend Acceleration over Speed (but take both if you can get it).

I generally speaking stink at multiplayer and hover around in the Gold Leagues, so there is something I am missing too. I probably will keep focusing on building my garage through Special Events and My Career before I get serious about playing Multiplayer. Until I have some good Maxed out cars, I don't know how competitive I will be.

Darknyht

bluedogrulez

Well, the good news with multiplayer is that any race completed = positive points for the team. And I continue to maintain cars stats seem not to be the decisive factor in multiplayer (as they are in career). Track knowledge is HUGE and not ramming into stuff you can't break (my issue, LOL) is key.

C-Chakra

@bluedogrulez Not sure if it is the ideal way to race but I usually start with building up some nitro with drifting. Not "snaking" all over the tracks like others, but tiny bits of drifting and using the corners, not too much as to slow you down much. Once I have a fair bit I tend to go blue nitro but drift enough at each turn to maintain it and quickly re-apply it each time. I never run my blue nitro to empty, I only do that with shockwave but not every time either (i'll use the same drift and re-apply method there too if there are corners, even if it results in losing some shockwave for more blue after the corner). This might not work too well though with lower ranked cars that burn through the nitro quickly.

The most important part of my method is making sure you have enough nitro to blue nitro into the barrel roll ramps (can do this with shockwave too) so you get a good boost of speed in the air, then as you land drift and shockwave at an angle that cuts right into the corner (if you cancel your nitro in the air with the drift button at the right time, you should always have the gauge full on landing). This is pretty much how I race, I have no idea what the best way is, but this works for me.

The best tip though is learning the tracks and which routes to take, once you have them memorised you know exactly where those trains are and what results in the shortest time. Hope this helps.

Edited on by C-Chakra

C-Chakra

Oh yea, forgot to add that I almost always drift into the nitro bottles.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic