Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 461 to 480 of 608

JaxonH

I answered this question in the post directly before. If anyone bothered to read it...

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

roboto65

Yeah I read it..... most of the guys on here seem to have no clue about Diablo lots of fresh meat so to speak LOL but that's ok I am new to the switch, it is great hack and slash and as you level up you get stronger and stronger. I am sure the online will get better as more people start playing. Till I get home I am playing on my PC Season 15 Barb will be home tomorrow to unbox my Switch and start slaying..

Edited on by roboto65

roboto65

Tasuki

I suspect the online scene will explode after Christmas as I can probably guarantee alot of people will be getting this for Christmas.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Nemodius

I can understand Nintendo requiring their paid service for access to online content and activities for their FIRST PARTY GAMES, like Mario Kart, but forcing people to have their service to play other companies servers is extortion and so it blackmailing you to update your FW or no access either

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Mountain_Man

It seems a patch should be released shortly (this week, perhaps?), although there's no word on what it will include. Apparently the patch was supposed to be released early last week (Nov 6), but it seems the extreme negative reaction to the Diablo Immortal announcement threw Blizzard for a loop, and so their attention went elsewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/9tadzu/did_they_ever...

The Mountain Man

Zuljaras

@Mountain_Man The sad part is that the fans will not play the game but everyone else AND their grandma will download the damn game from the store.

Zuljaras

Nemodius

@Mountain_Man
maybe it has to do with the Necromancer and Demon Hunter bugs ???

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

bilboa

Nemodius wrote:

I can understand Nintendo requiring their paid service for access to online content and activities for their FIRST PARTY GAMES, like Mario Kart, but forcing people to have their service to play other companies servers is extortion and so it blackmailing you to update your FW or no access either

I will just point out that both Xbox and Playstation also require paid subscriptions to play online games, so to be consistent I hope you're also accusing Microsoft and Sony of blackmail.

bilboa

NEStalgia

Wow, that's incredible that Immortal is such a disaster a PR announcement of an outsourced game disrupted internal development of existing products. This really is XBone bad.....

NEStalgia

Nemodius

@bilboa
extortion is more than just blackmail, in this case
I'm just saying, Nintendo has their own servers, sure, awesome, they need a little bit of $$$ to maintain their servers, cool, just business, but so does Blizzard obviously, separate for Diablo, so why should I be forced to take the long toll road when I can just skip it and use the free throughway that goes directly to my front door, I wouldn't be any hinderance to trafic or wear on the toll road, so why should I pay for it ???

Nintendo for no good reason is blocking direct internet access just for an extra quick buck, I bough their GD system, I buy ass loads of games including lots of first party games, all of which Nintendo gets a scoop of (1st & 3rd party games), I buy their accessories, again, mo money fo them, so why can't they just let me step onto Blizzard's front door without adding a friggin toll booth on the poarch ???
I'm not asking for an internet browser, just for my device that can access the internet to directly connect to Blizz, I would be no strain on their systems and therefore would require no maintenance costs to them

why, because they want to milk you like a cow,
I paid full price for the game (hard physical copy), I paid for the system, I OWN it, I'm not "leasing" or "renting" it, so why should I have to pay even MORE via a fee to be allowed to have full use of the hardware ???
that is legal extortion
you bought the car, and you can drive it around, but we are bricking you from use of the radio, wipers, A/C and a few other things unless you pay us a regular fee, sure, you can still drive the car, but it don't affect them to let me use muh damn radio, headlights, A/C, ect

same with the firmware, it's for the system and if it works just fine, why should I be forced to update or denied the full use of my Switch

I like the tires on my bike, I paid $150 for 2 solid tubes, firm, perfect, feel and act just like regular tires with tubes, but they want to deny me the ability to ride my bike unless I unnecessarily change the tires ???
WTF ???

Edited on by Nemodius

Tasuki

@Nemodius But Diablo III doesn't use Blizzard serves they use Nintendo servers. It's been documented that the console version of Diablo III runs on PSN, and XBLA servers, so I can guarantee they run off of Nintendo servers for the Switch version. The only servers of Diablo III that are run by Blizzard is the PC version which is evident through the use of Battle.net.

That's one reason cheating run so rampant on the console versions compared to the PC cause Blizzard has no control over them.

My Backlog

Mountain_Man

Nemodius wrote:

@Mountain_Man
maybe it has to do with the Necromancer and Demon Hunter bugs ???

I wasn't aware of any problems with the Demon Hunter.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Tasuki wrote:

That's one reason cheating run so rampant on the console versions compared to the PC cause Blizzard has no control over them.

I think it's mostly the fact that consoles allow offline play which makes it easy for cheaters to hack the character files. Diablo 2 had the exact same problem on PC.

The Mountain Man

Nemodius

@Mountain_Man
someone elae here who has a Necro and Hunter said lots of probs, I will admit I only have a single Wiz, so have not tested/confirmed, just giving her benefit of the doubt

I think someone else mentioned something about a witchdoctor ???
but I can't remember the exact post

Edited on by Nemodius

Tasuki

@Mountain_Man That too but when people report the cheaters, Blizzard has said in the past that they can't ban them or anything because it's not their servers and if anyone wants to report cheaters they need to go directly to Sony or MS.

My Backlog

Nemodius

all the more reason for Nintendo to let me have direct access to the Blizz servers

Nemodius

@Tasuki
I'm just going by what my main screen implied before I connected, it asks if I want to connect to servers ???
why ???
it suggests like I heard with Fortnight also, it has separate servers away from Nintendo's

as for crying ???
well, I think whether Blizz has separate servers or not, my argument on Nintendo's policy about holding your fully and rightfully owned property hostage by keeping you from using all its built in functions unless you keep paying them was self explanatory

JoeDiddley

Chapter 3 has really stepped it up a notch. I was blazing through a bit too easily by the end of the second, but it’s a great leap (rather than spike) and it seems there are bigger areas/dungeons to explore.

Sorry if it’s answered already but wasn’t voice chat meant to be coming to the app for this game? I checked this week and it wasn’t showing, not sure if I’d use it anyway.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
3DS: 5327-0913-7260

Fowlersrs

Am I the only one who's not really done the campaign and gone straight into adventure mode..
I think I probably need to do it as Il have a better understanding of the game then..
I just find the loot collecting and online multiplayer too good.

Fowlersrs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic