Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 481 to 500 of 606

Nemodius

@bilboa
I may have misrepresented the actual words, it said "exclusive to physical copies", not a Switch cartridge exclusive, and disks are technically "physical"
that's my bad, but again, as I also said, I can't confirm it so I'm not going to speak as fact

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

RetroGamerAndrew

My main is a Unhallowed Essence Multi-shot DH.
I can confirm the multi-shot arrows disappear from time to time, even after this patch.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@Zuljaras
Yes, only the arrows' animation is missing.
Still super annoying, especially in greater rifts

RetroGamerAndrew

Zuljaras

@RetroGamerAndrew So it is true then. The animation effects are missing in high density places in order to keep the frame rate somehow steady and not a slideshow.

This is the sacrifice that was made in order for the game to be on the Switch.

At least the abilities are working unlike the necromancer curses. It is stupid but I don't see them fixing this.

Damn

Edited on by Zuljaras

RetroGamerAndrew

@Zuljaras wow, wait a minute... so it's supposed to be like this because of frame-rate issues and it's not a bug that will be fixed? Ouch.

RetroGamerAndrew

Zuljaras

@RetroGamerAndrew I have just read that many abilities that have multiple projectiles etc. were experiencing the same missing animations or have lowered visual effects. I cant confirm it 100% and Blizzard have not confirmed it but I think this is the case we are having.

If you are having the animation 100% of the shots in normal rift on normal difficulty I think that this is the case we are having and I doubt this will be fixed.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Zuljaras I'm mostly playing T10 onwards and GR 50+, last time I noticed the missing animation was in GR53. I'll try to pay more attention from now on and come up with some evidence...

RetroGamerAndrew

SuperJoon

@Zuljaras Which is funny because this isn't the case with the Wizards meteor storm, which you would have thought would have some of the animation removed, but from using it, it doesn't seem like it.

Maybe it's not as much as a flurry as Xbox/PC/PS.... I cant remember how big the meteor shower was.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Roamer

This sort of thing can only spoil your enjoyment if you are determined to let it. It’s a non issue for me. And the game runs exceptionally well.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

SuperJoon

@Roamer This, complete non issue. I have never noticed anything in the game, and I am loving being able to play it wherever I like.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

bilboa

Roamer wrote:

This sort of thing can only spoil your enjoyment if you are determined to let it. It’s a non issue for me. And the game runs exceptionally well.

Depends what you mean by "this sort of thing". I agree that purely visual issues like distant monsters not being animated or downgraded attack animations are definitely an acceptable price to pay for having D3 on the go. It sounds like some people are encountering issues where spells actually don't work for some characters. That seems like a bigger problem. Still not enough to avoid the game if you like it, but worth being aware of so you can avoid playing those characters until Blizzard fixes it.

bilboa

RetroGamerAndrew

@Roamer not the biggest issue, just an annoying one. Sometimes I have to stop and double check if monsters are actually dead, because the MS animation isn't playing and I don't know if it's lag (when playing online) or something else. Not deal braking but not nice either in GR (I'm playing softcore: hardcore would be a different story!)
So happy I can play my beloved D3 on Switch, I really can't complain!

RetroGamerAndrew

NEStalgia

@Lovecraft_1 There are 5 acts with 5 "world" maps. Each with a "town". It's a hack and slash loot-based dungeon crawler ARPG. You depart down, explore a randomly generated overworld, explore "caves/dungeons/rifts/etc", kill ridiculous quantities of monsters, to gain loot drops, to upgrade your gear, to kill more difficult monsters, to gain loot drops, to upgrade your gear, to kill more difficult monsters, to gain loot drops to.......

Your character levels up and gains abilities on the skill tree, but your character stats are gear driven more than intrinsic stat drive (prior Diablo games had character stats too.) It's a perpetual loot grind in randomly generated maps for randomly generated (and some pre-defined rare) loot. Combat is a mixture primary attacks and spells, of which, on console, you can only have 3 attacks bound at a time from your available list. There are 7 character classes (barbarian, crusader, wizard, necromancer, witch doctor, demon hunter, monk) each with their own skill tree. Gameplay seems simple and basic at first, but the idea of facing ever larger hordes of ever stronger monsters makes you have to prioritize your energy/mana and tactics for crowd control, etc.

It's the definition of a PC action RPG/hack & slash. Coming from P&P it won't seem terribly similar. It's not a D&D type game or anything like that. Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2, etc are more P&P type structures.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BenGrimm

Finished the story mode and currently running through rifts and greater rifts. Can see me sinking a lot of hours into this game.

BenGrimm

Mountain_Man

Nemodius wrote:

The Herding Staff (which has to be constructed, not found) and the access it gives you to the secret area "Whimseyshire" is supposed to be exclusive to the cartridge, but i can't confirm that

go here if you want to make your own

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_Herding

It's an Easter egg put in by the developers to mock those fans who claimed early on that Diablo III was too bright and colorful. You can get to it with either the Staff of Herding or by killing a rare Rainbow Goblin.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Zuljaras wrote:

@RetroGamerAndrew I have just read that many abilities that have multiple projectiles etc. were experiencing the same missing animations or have lowered visual effects. I cant confirm it 100% and Blizzard have not confirmed it but I think this is the case we are having.

If you are having the animation 100% of the shots in normal rift on normal difficulty I think that this is the case we are having and I doubt this will be fixed.

This is probably a side effect of the Switch version using the "Low FX" setting. If you turn on that same setting in the PC version then you'll get similar anomalies.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

RetroGamerAndrew wrote:

@Roamer not the biggest issue, just an annoying one. Sometimes I have to stop and double check if monsters are actually dead, because the MS animation isn't playing and I don't know if it's lag (when playing online) or something else. Not deal braking but not nice either in GR (I'm playing softcore: hardcore would be a different story!)
So happy I can play my beloved D3 on Switch, I really can't complain!

The occasional monster standing around after dying happens on the PC version, too. I suspect it's a sync issue with the server. I've never seen it playing offline on the Switch.

The Mountain Man

RetroGamerAndrew

@Mountain_Man Yeh it can be. Happens from time to time, honestly I got used to it and it doesn't bother me as much as I'd thought.

BTW I'm working my way to season journey Conquests and looking for a group to split Boss Mode conquest. If any (preferably experienced and decently geared) EU player wants to join please give me a shout here or join me on Adult Switch Gamer's discord: https://discord.gg/RBT4Zm4

RetroGamerAndrew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic