Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,493

bushidosnail

Still going to work on some things in the last couple days, but posting some mostly done scores

Enjoyed playing, but I'm done with this one
Still love this game, probably going to see if I can beat this score still.
Finished second level on hard mode. Made it to the fifth level on easy, hoping to still beat the third level on hard before the end.
Okay, I really like this game, but I'm terrible at it. Can't even get to the second boss on any of the routes.

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

bushidosnail

@moroboshi876 LOL. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better that score was from last week I think.

CW13

Strikers 1945 is 280,300

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

Lroy

I’ll upload photos to the Adult Switch Gamers Discord but my (admittedly poor results, again!) are as follows:

DIG DUG: 28.810
STRIKERS 1945: 273, 400
SHOCK TROOPERS: Either the mid-boss or end of level boss for Stage 2 no matter what route I play.

Hope that’s okay @corneel ? Has the voting closed for the next set of challenges and when do they get announced?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Corneel

@Zkibu Congrats! That is really amazing you were able to pull it of on the last day of the challenge. Very impressive.

@Lroy Sure that's fine, thanks! Voting has closed for the next set of challenges and I will announce the next set of challenges tomorrow!

@CW13 Thanks for posting the scores! Also lets not forget about the mighty impressive 90,560 score in DIG DUG that no-one got even close to.

@bushidosnail Those results put you currently in 1st place for the round!

@Tatanak That Strikers 1945 score (501,500) got you first place for a couple of hours until @GFoyle was able to top it and put down a 504,400 highscore.

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

bushidosnail

I ended up putting all of my remaining time in on Strikers. I ended up getting a bit more consistent, but not much more of a high score.

I will say, I really enjoyed ALL of the games in this set. Thanks again to everyone for participating!

Edited on by bushidosnail

Tatanak

Strikers 1945 new score 523200, stage 1-6.

Untitled

Switch Friend Code: SW-0707-1268-9888
Twitter: Tatanak

CW13

Great scores all! Had fun this round! Looking forward to what's next!

Edited on by CW13

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

Corneel

Again, thanks to everyone for participating this round. We have seen @CW13 put down an amazing score at DIG DUG (90,560). There was a fierce battle going on for first place between @GFoyle and @Tatanak in STRIKERS 1945 with @Tatanak being victorious. And on the last day @Zkibu was able to 1CC DEVIL ENGINE on Easy. The final results for round 3 are:

DIG DUG:
90,560 1st @CW13
52,510 2nd @Bushidosnail
51,100 3rd @Moroboshi
48,030 4th @Meesh
42,590 5th @Agent721
37,530 6th @Corneel
28,810 7th @Lroy
20,330 8th @Zkibu

STRIKERS 1945:
523,200 1st @Tatanak
504,400 2nd @GFoyle
390,200 3rd @Riccyjay
382,300 4th @Corneel
373,700 5th @Bushidosnail
371,800 6th @Agent721
364,200 7th @Zkibu
347,700 8th @Meppi64
307,700 9th @DanB
280,300 10th @CW13
273,400 11th @Lroy

SHOCK TROOPERS:
Cleared stage 1: @Lroy, @CW13, @Zkibu, @Bushidosnail
Cleared stage 2: @Moroboshi876
Cleared stage 3: @GFoyle, @Agent721
Cleared stage 4: @Corneel, @Tatanak

DEVIL ENGINE:
Cleared stage 4 - Easy: @Bushidosnail
Cleared stage 5 - Easy: @GFoyle
Cleared stage 6 - Easy: @ZKibu (1CC!!)

And the final leaderboard; Congratulations to @BushidoSnail for being victorious!!
Untitled

Edited on by Corneel

Moroboshi876

@Corneel I didn't even play Devil Engine! Please correct it in order to give the right user its recognition LOL (and the score too, because I see I have 8 points in Shock Troopers and Devil Engine, and I only had 4 for Shock Troopers).

I enjoyed this challenge too, although being surpassed in Dig Dug near the end hurt. I wanted to improve my score last night, but it got late and I was not going to achieve it on time.

This challenge allowed me to fall in love with Shock Troopers, a classic I bought some time ago but hadn't tried. My performance was not very good, but I discovered it's not a tremendously difficult game, but very varied and funny.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Corneel

@Moroboshi876; That is what happens when rounding up scores before getting your first cup of coffee. It has been corrected now, it did put you down a couple of places sadly. And yeah, Shock Troopers really is awesome. I will be going back to that one.

Edited on by Corneel

Corneel

Season one | round four | starts today! | ends 11th of May 23:59 CET

Each month there are four challenges to compete in. Pick the challenge you like most and go all out with that one, or spread your chances and do multiple challenges during that month. In each challenge you can get ten points. At the end of each month we will have a scorebook with the combined scores for that month and at the end of the season we'll combine the scores and see who our top players are.

The challenges are divided into two categories. First we have the good old high score challenges. This is where you compete for a top spot on the leaderboards. The top 10 players get awarded with points. Top player 10 points, runner up 9 points etc. Your submitted score will also be placed on our leaderboards for bragging rights. If the challenge ever comes back...you will have to first beat your previous highscore before you can start earning points during that challenge.

Secondly we have the survival challenges. This is a bit more casual and the focus here is on getting as far in the game as you can without worrying about your highscore. Points will be awarded based on certain goals. This will change for each game.

If you want to participate in one or multiple challenges, all you need to do is post your screenshot in this thread and you will get on the scorebook and the leaderboards. You can also have a look at the Adult Switch Gamers Discord where we have our own little arcade corner.

The challenges for this month are:

Untitled

Highscore challenge 7 | PUZZLE BOBBLE (ACA NEOGEO on NSW, XB1, PS4)

Rules: HIGH SCORE MODE

Puzzle Bobble (also known as Bust-a-Move in North America) first released in arcades in Japan before making it's way over to the Neo Geo just 6 months after. The characters and theme of the game is based on the 1986 arcade game Bubble Bobble. The game has as interesting score system that makes for perfect high score chasing. If you simply pop the bubbles you get 10 points each. However, dropped bubbles (that were hanging from the popped bubbles) double in score for each dropped bubble. So 20 for one, 40 for two etc. This can ramp up very quickly. At the end of each round bonus points are awarded for completing a round quickly. Enjoy this easy to learn, hard to master shooter puzzle game!

Please post of a picture of your high score and it will then be put on the Puzzle Bobble Leaderboard.

Untitled

Highscore challenge 8 | ALPHA MISSION (SNK 40th Anniversary Collection on NSW and PS4)

Rules: ARCADE (default settings) | EASY | 3 LIVES | 50K 100K

Originally released in arcades in 1985, the game was later ported to the NES/FAMICON in 1987. In Japan it got released under the name ASO: Armored Scrum Object. It also spawned a sequel in 1991. For this challenge we will take control over the SYD fighter and take down the deadly fleet of the Seven Star Alliance. The fate of the Earth rests in your hands! Armor is spread out through the stage and you'll need three of them to complete your armor. Be sure to collect pieces from the same set. Different tiles give you extra speed, bonus points, lasers, missiles, etc. Orange ones power your ship down, so avoid those. This first boss is extremely tricky and will prove a serious challenge, so some perseverance is needed for this one. And be sure to not hit that rewind button... we will know if you did

Please post of a picture of your high score and it will then be put on the ASO: Armored Scrum Object leaderboard.

Untitled

Survival challenge 7 | FINAL FIGHT (Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle on NSW)

Rules: (default settings)

The game began development as a sequel to the original Street Fighter, but the success of Double Dragon quickly made them change their mind and transform the game to a beat em up. Some great tips can be found in this post.

Points will be given based on how far you make in through the city. 2 Points: complete the Slums, 4 Points: complete the Park / Subway, 6 points: complete the West Side, 8 points: complete the Industrial Area, 10 points: complete the Bay Area and finally for a 1CC you get 15 poins.

Once you die you are shown a continue screen. Please use a continue to start from the place you died and take a screenshot.

Untitled

Survival challenge 8 | GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES (ACA NEOGEO on XB1, NSW and PS4)

Rules: HIGH SCORE MODE

Originally released in 1999 as a new generation in the highly popular FATAL FURY Series, GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES still continues to fascinate players around the world to this day.

Set 10 years after Geese Howard’s death, GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES restarts the legendary series with a new hero, “Rock Howard”, and hosts a plethora of new charismatic characters. Moreover, this new installment in the FATAL FURY Series abandons the traditional sway line mechanic, and brings numerous new strategies with the “T.O.P. System," “Just Defended," and “Breaking” battle features instead.

Please post a picture of the fighter roster that shows how far you got.

And as always, the leaderboards can be found here: leaderboards
Scorebook for this round: scorebook

Also, for those interested, here are the results from the voting for this round: Surveymonkey results.

Have fun!

Edited on by Corneel

GFoyle

Congrats to everyone, especially Tatanak! I was expecting you to give slightly higher score in the last couple of days and hoping to have one of mine own too, but that last hour climax wasn't meant to be as I didn't find time to play in last two days.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

CW13

Thanks @Corneel. Will be in for Alpha Mission and Final Fight. (Is SNES Puzzle Bobble acceptable?)

CW13

Lroy

CW13 wrote:

Thanks @Corneel. Will be in for Alpha Mission and Final Fight. (Is SNES Puzzle Bobble acceptable?)

You got any Gold Coins knocking about? PUZZLE BOBBLE is only £6.29 and it’s arcade perfect!

Despite picking up PUZZLE BOBBLE 2 not too long ago, I’ve gone ahead and bought the original too for these challenges. Such a great game.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic