Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 3,493

Zkibu

10 days left! Still plenty of time. Most of my time is gone to Devil Engine which I am determined to 1cc on easy mode. Currently I can reach the final boss, but need to practice more the final two levels. I love the first Strikers 1945 game, but I totally suck at it, would be lot easier to me if the stages wouldn't be in random order. Shock Troopers is just awesome, but unfortunately haven't found enough time to play that game more and finally I feel like that I am more a Pac-Man guy than Dig-Dugger.

Scores so far:
Strikers 1945 364200
Dig Dug 20330
Shock Troopers: 2nd Level boss
Devil Engine: Final Stage

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Corneel

So most of us are stuck at stage 4 in Shock Troopers... I'm going to focus on it some more, hopefully to get to the final stage and attempt a 1CC. Maybe I'll switch to highscore mode as well to get the score on the ingame leaderboard. Hopefully I don't get too tempted to slice and dive the baddies for extra point.

@Agent721 For me also Valley route, by far the easiest. And with Maru for no particular reason.

@Zkibu Things are looking good for a 1CC at Devil Engine for you. I'm sure you will get there before the end of this challenge.

Also four people in first place at the moment...
Untitled

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

AgentLA

I still haven’t tried Devil Engine. I think I may skip out on it and concentrate on the other 3. It would be cool if someone could 1CC Shock Troopers. I think with enough practice it’s definitely doable. It’s amazing how much I like the Ikari Warriors type of gaming...it’s quite addictive. Too bad we can’t use the original arcade joysticks on those anymore, at least without the arcade.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

My humble score at Dig Dug. I'll try to improve it, but I don't know if I'll have the time.

Untitled

It's the Xbox One version, I guess it's valid. I have it on Switch too, but both are arcade versions.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 That's not bad actually. Xbox One is fine of course, that's also what I'm playing Dig Dug on at the moment.

Made some improvements with Shock Troopers, now getting halfway through stage 5... really hope to 1CC this one.
Untitled

Moroboshi876

@Corneel I hadn't seen it was allowed in the challenge conditions, sorry!

By the way, someone called lolneel started to follow me on Xbox Live. Is that you? If not, what is your gamertag?

Moroboshi876

Today I started playing Dig Dug on Namco Museum (for this challenge. I had tried it before) and actually improved my score. I believe I'm ranked 2nd now, but I'll post my score later. I love the Flip Grip, by the way. It's the perfect solution for a commuter like me, that spends about 45 minutes on a bus to the office (and back home), and wants something to play in tate mode, easy and quick to use, without having to raise the knees. It delivers 100%.

bushidosnail

Does anyone know the password for the current pinball tourney? the usual suspects aren't working for me.

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

Moroboshi876

Well, yesterday I was actually 48,020, 10 points behind the second ranked. Yeah, a paltry 10 points, you can see it in the picture. So I had to do better and just did a few minutes ago.

Untitled

I have to say this challenges make me play games I wasn't planning on playing, but also make me love them more. I'm having so much fun devising the way to squash enemies with the rocks.

By the way, @Corneel, I don't understand how the score system works. Why do I have 9 points? How does it work in high-score based challenges? Thanks

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Moroboshi876

Shock Troopers: Stage 3 boss (Mountain Route) is as far as I've been able to get. He was almost done, though, so I'll keep trying.

Untitled

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 Nice one! You might also want to give the valley route a try. For me that's by far the easiest.
Points are based on your leaderboard position. You are second in Dig Dug, so 9 points. Third place gets 8 points etc. And now with your Shock Troopers result, that puts you at 13 points. Does that make sense?

Also, just three more days left for this challenge!! Be sure to post your results before Saturday 23:59

Edited on by Corneel

Moroboshi876

@Corneel I don't know, there are people here considering 1cc this game, so... But I slowly made some progress.

I actually tried Valley for two days, after reading it in the thread, but Mountain surprised me and almost got to 3rd stage for the first time. In Valley route I get killed at the start of boss fight.

I'm loving this game, and the variety of sceneries and gameplay, like the bikes and the rope. It's great. Yes, I had never played it before.

About the scoring system, what I don't quite understand is why that position is 9 and not another number. Is there a table of equivalence? I don't know how to put it. For instance, if there are 6 people playing, why is second position 9 points and not 10, 8, 5 or whatever? Just trying to understand, not criticizing!

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 Yeah, it truly is a great game. I didn't play it much before this challenge also, but it is just such a joy to play. Also great to try out the different routes.

For the scoring, it is always a set number of points to be awarded. The number of participants doesn't matter.
1st place is 10 points.
2nd place is 9 points
... Etc
10th place is 1 point

If there are more then ten participants, only the top 10 players get points. If we have less then 10, it's still full points being awarded.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Moroboshi876

@Corneel Now I get it! I guess I was distracted by a possible mistake: before I improved my Dig Dug score, the 1st classified had 9 points, and when I got my 9 he was given 10. I guess his original 9 was a mistake, because he's been 1st since the beginning.

Now I understand, thanks!

Moroboshi876

@Corneel I don't have it (I'm new in shmups actually), but considered to play it on my Raspberry. The problem is the challenges is about to end and I plan on playing a lot of Tetris 99 next weekend in order to get a chance to win the 999 points LOL

Tatanak

My final scores for this challenge. I played only two games, Shock Troopers, Valley Route, Big Mama, stage 5 boss:

Untitled

and Strikers 1945, stage 1-5 with score 501500:

Untitled

Edited on by Tatanak

Switch Friend Code: SW-0707-1268-9888
Twitter: Tatanak

Moroboshi876

@Tatanak Wow, you were almost there in Shock Troopers! And what a score! I'm playing in Normal mode, and my 3-4 millions don't even get in the Personal filter, and I don't know how much is the minimum score to enter there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic