Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 3,455

Agent721

@Microjak

Hello, as you can see above by scrolling through the pics, I use joycons with the flip grip. For games playable in TATE mode, I think that’s the best way to go.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721

Lroy

@Agent721 Well played. I’m loving DIG DUG. Hard to maximise scoring whilst avoiding being hit but tons of classic arcade fun.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Agent721

@Lroy

Thanks! The trick is to kill as many with a rock as possible and more than one if you can at a time. Which is of course harder said than done as you have to get them to follow you and then properly set them up for squashing. I always played Dig Dug in the arcade but was never very good at it. This challenge gives me a chance to revisit this oldie but goodie. Very fun so far.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721

GFoyle

My current progress at this time is

• stuck with latter half of stage 5 easy on DE and not really improving, a bit sad really.
  • 474100 on Strikers
  • and middle of stage 4 on shock troopers.

Focus have been a bit all over the place for the past couple of weeks and it shows, but hoping I get a bit of improvement in the second half of the challenge.

btw. for those who wonder, the challenge has quite a good participation even though this thread hasn't been super active lately. The discussions just been over at the 'adult switch gamers' discord channel lately.

Edited on by GFoyle

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

Voted for the next set of challenges, thanks @corneel

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Agent721

I managed to reach Stage 4 on Shock Troopers via the valley route. I’m hoping to press harder next week. I’m using the big mama chick...for some reason she works best for me. What’s everyone else using?

I still haven’t broken 300k on Strikers which is bothering me. I’m mid 40k on Dig Dug & hoping for more!

Edited on by Agent721

Zkibu

10 days left! Still plenty of time. Most of my time is gone to Devil Engine which I am determined to 1cc on easy mode. Currently I can reach the final boss, but need to practice more the final two levels. I love the first Strikers 1945 game, but I totally suck at it, would be lot easier to me if the stages wouldn't be in random order. Shock Troopers is just awesome, but unfortunately haven't found enough time to play that game more and finally I feel like that I am more a Pac-Man guy than Dig-Dugger.

Scores so far:
Strikers 1945 364200
Dig Dug 20330
Shock Troopers: 2nd Level boss
Devil Engine: Final Stage

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Corneel

So most of us are stuck at stage 4 in Shock Troopers... I'm going to focus on it some more, hopefully to get to the final stage and attempt a 1CC. Maybe I'll switch to highscore mode as well to get the score on the ingame leaderboard. Hopefully I don't get too tempted to slice and dive the baddies for extra point.

@Agent721 For me also Valley route, by far the easiest. And with Maru for no particular reason.

@Zkibu Things are looking good for a 1CC at Devil Engine for you. I'm sure you will get there before the end of this challenge.

Also four people in first place at the moment...
Untitled

Agent721

I still haven’t tried Devil Engine. I think I may skip out on it and concentrate on the other 3. It would be cool if someone could 1CC Shock Troopers. I think with enough practice it’s definitely doable. It’s amazing how much I like the Ikari Warriors type of gaming...it’s quite addictive. Too bad we can’t use the original arcade joysticks on those anymore, at least without the arcade.

Moroboshi876

My humble score at Dig Dug. I'll try to improve it, but I don't know if I'll have the time.

Untitled

It's the Xbox One version, I guess it's valid. I have it on Switch too, but both are arcade versions.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@Corneel I hadn't seen it was allowed in the challenge conditions, sorry!

By the way, someone called lolneel started to follow me on Xbox Live. Is that you? If not, what is your gamertag?

Moroboshi876

Today I started playing Dig Dug on Namco Museum (for this challenge. I had tried it before) and actually improved my score. I believe I'm ranked 2nd now, but I'll post my score later. I love the Flip Grip, by the way. It's the perfect solution for a commuter like me, that spends about 45 minutes on a bus to the office (and back home), and wants something to play in tate mode, easy and quick to use, without having to raise the knees. It delivers 100%.

bushidosnail

Does anyone know the password for the current pinball tourney? the usual suspects aren't working for me.

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

Moroboshi876

Well, yesterday I was actually 48,020, 10 points behind the second ranked. Yeah, a paltry 10 points, you can see it in the picture. So I had to do better and just did a few minutes ago.

Untitled

I have to say this challenges make me play games I wasn't planning on playing, but also make me love them more. I'm having so much fun devising the way to squash enemies with the rocks.

By the way, @Corneel, I don't understand how the score system works. Why do I have 9 points? How does it work in high-score based challenges? Thanks

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic