Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 3,297

Moroboshi876

By the way, I'm trying Out Run on Switch for the first time and in top of noticing I'm rusty (I had managed to beat Course A on 3DS and all 5 on Mega Drive) I can't see my score in the rankings. It just says No Data.

Anyway it's separated in courses. Do we just take a screenshot when the in-game ranking appears?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@Corneel So you have to finish the course... I didn't recall seeing it in the requirements, but if it's one, then take me down and I'll post when (if) I achieve it.

Kyloctopus

It's been a while since I've been on this thread. Recently I got 4th in All Time on Moon Patrol's Caravan Mode. I think I can also pull something out of me for Danmaku Unlimited's Open High Score.

As for future challenges, may I recommend Astebreed?

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@Corneel No need to apologize! So the screen I posted is OK? Or would it be better to take the screenshot the moment the timer reaches zero?

Moroboshi876

Well, today I almost finished course A. It's something I'm going to pull off at some point, because I could on 3DS. The courses B to E are my personal challenge, but A should be feasible.

Anyway, I embed here the screenshots, one of the Game Over screen and one where people can see my initials with the score.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Lroy

I’ve posted my modest current progress of all four challenge games with photos over on the relevant thread on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord. Wish it was as easy to post pics here.

Anyhow, my scores (for now) are:
AQUA KITTY UDX - Arcade Challenge Mode - 37, 627
For the extra Dreadnought mode - 104: 06: 61. Not sure how we are measuring the score on this bonus suggested by @oorwullie ? I’ve just taken this number from the in-game leaderboards.

WILD GUNS RELOADED: 176, 160.

OUTRUN: 3472040 (Stage 2)

THUNDER FORCE IV: Boss of first level (no matter order I select, I haven’t worked out how to damage and kill any of the first four level bosses)

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

My scores so far

Outrun - 5615550 - 3rd stage
Aqua Kitty UDX - Arcade - 41,289 - 10th stage
Dreadnought - 104:39:90

I don't understand how the timer works for Dreadnought. I got a total time of 32 seconds something after the 4 kitty's bonus was deducted. But my time is 104 seconds. Even with the kitty added on the time's don't match up. Any ideas?

You're beating my Dreadnought time by a ball hair @Lroy . I felt like I done it extremely quick so that's a good time. I've no idea how @Corneel beat it by 20 seconds. I must be missing something? The person at the top of the leaderboard done it in 8 seconds. Don't understand that?

As for Thunderforce IV, the boss at the end of the cloud stage has a little orb near the bottom of its body you need to shoot. It doesn't appear for a while though. There's 3 stages to it, the first 2 are mostly about trying to avoid getting hit. First stage, just shoot the end of tail from both sides, it'll eventually disappear then come at you again in its new form. Avoid the tail by staying in the top left region, after a while the orb begins to glow. Just keep shooting that and eventually it'll fall. Watch out for the orb shooting out. If you're not powered up it's very difficult and takes ages. That seems to be key to this game, get to the boss fully powered up to stand any chance. Take a hit on the way and you might as well restart.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Lroy

@OorWullie Nice scores! Thanks for the info regarding TF IV. Finding that game a bit off-putting due to the high difficulty straight out the gate. I'll try and look up some game-play of how to inflict damage on the boss, so I can better visualise what you kindly described for me. Thank you. Lovely to be chatting with you again about games. Been far too long.

Edited on by Lroy

GFoyle

For those new to thunder force iv. When you shoot enemy and there is yellow damage "bubbles" as a result, then you are making damage, blue ones means no damage.

I would select the cloud stage to be last or second last of the four, it's not that hard if you have first powered up from the other stages (using the homing weapon to the boss is quite fast way to kill it because it targets the orb quite effectively).

I'm far from being good in the game myself, but I do definitely start enjoying it more and more.

btw. I really recommend Devil Engine which came out today, super first impressions after hour of playing it (but not easy)

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Tatanak

I have played two games so far:
Untitled
Aqua Kitty score isn´t on the leaderboard, I played offline.

Untitled

@GFoyle Thanks for great tips for the TF IV, I will definitely buy also Devil Engine.

Edited on by Tatanak

Switch Friend Code: SW-0707-1268-9888
Twitter: Tatanak

Lroy

@Tatanak Cool, I’ll add your friend code as well 👌

Corneel

@Kyloctopus 4th on Caravan Mode for Moon Patrol is definitely something to be proud of. I'm sure we will do a challenge for that game soon. It would be great for a high score challenge. Same for Danmaku Unlimited. Great suggestion for Astebreed. I'll put it up for voting for the next challenge round. Are you joining us for any of the current challenges?

@Moroboshi876 Great work with Out Run already!

@Lroy We convinced you to buy Aqua Kitty! Awesome! Do you like it?
I have also got to beat a single level in Thunder Force IV. The bosses have a lot of cheap shots that required memorization. We should be able to beat at least one level.
@OorWullie The Dreadnought mode has around 13 levels and each level counts for 10 minutes. So the total time you have in the leaderboards is 130:00:00 minutes. If you beat a level in under 10 minutes, the total time get reduced. So you have a score of 104 minutes and I have 84 minutes because I beat a couple of more levels.

@GFoyle Devil Engine looks like a fantastic shooter. I'll get that one once I turn my Switch on.

@Tatanak Great Out Run score!

Also the leaderboards are now updated with lots of changes happening at the moment.

Edited on by Corneel

OorWullie

My tired eyes deceived me last night, I read Tatanak's score as 86k not 61k.

@Corneel Cheers for the info. So it's probably best to tske a screenshot of the total time at the end of the run rather than the leaderboard. I managed 32 seconds something but I'll give it another go and grab a screenshot.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Moroboshi876

@tatanak You son of a... How did you manage to score 15 million points? Wow. Impressive.

Tatanak

@Moroboshi876 I was lucky, I never had a crash during the race and I finished with 5 second remaining time, it´s + 5 million points. And I chose route E, I find it the easiest.

My new score in Aqua Kitty:

Untitled

Switch Friend Code: SW-0707-1268-9888
Twitter: Tatanak

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic