Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,493

riccyjay

@CroRock I'd be well up for that. Anyone else have the game?

SW-4616-4310-4138

monkeyspasm

I agree with the above, let's not let this thread die! I've not been active lately but am up for another go

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Corneel

Yes! We need the weekly arcade challenges!

Psyvariar Delta is not available on the EU shop yet, so maybe save that one for when it's released everywhere.

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

GFoyle

At least some kind of fresh restart would be needed, few people sharing the responsibility running the show and new rules, which would help keep interest up but at the same time give enough time to participate and also play other games on the side too. Not sure, the group participating actively might have been dissolved too much to get good participation.

Also, it would be probably better if you would need to register your participation before X days before the challenge ends. It was kinda depressing to participate in a challenge and then on the last day, when posting score seeing that you were the only one. At least then it would be known early enough is there going to be any competition or not.

I have ideas, but I really do not have time, energy to run those myself unfortunately. It definitely should not be one person show as it's easy to burn out or get distracted by life.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

I suggest (feel free to disagree πŸ˜‰) we simply pick a game, post the scores here as we go (if the game has an in-game leaderboard then no photo is necessary) and then at the agreed deadline, we all post our final best score with a photo and the tallied up leaderboard can be compiled and posted here in this thread.

Or can we post in the thread @oorwullie created? I mean are we locked out of that thread or can anyone go in and edit it?

I suggest the person who chooses the game also takes responsibility for tallying up the table at the end of the challenge?

Based on previous discussions, I suggest we make the challenge a two-week duration. Start on Sunday. End on a Sunday a fortnight from that day.

Anyone want to pick the game? If we can agree a game by this Sunday, we can start.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Zkibu

I am in. Thanks @Lroy for the heads up

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

AgentLA

I’m glad to see this thread revived. I am down to start a new challenge.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Corneel

Alright, so let's just pick a game and get started then! There are quite a few we haven't done yet. Maybe start with Alpha Mission II, high score mode? It a decent game and it's even on sale now.

I will round up the scores for this round and try to do it oorwullie style. Any other game is fine by me by the way, just want to get things going again.

AgentLA

@corneel Perfect for me, I saw the sale and downloaded it last night.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@Corneel Excellent. I already own ALPHA MISSION II and am up for getting back into the score chasing. Can I just check, are we doing 5 minute Caravan mode or high-score mode? Either is cool by me.

Edited on by Lroy

Corneel

Alpha Mission II it is!

ACA NEOGEO ALPHA MISSION II - HIGH SCORE mode - from today September 7th until September 21st 23:00 GMT

That's two full weeks of high score chasing! The game has online leaderboards, so I'll try to round up the scores once or twice a week and give an update on how things are going. So just post in this topic if you are going to participate and I'll add you to the leaderboard.

Let's see if we can get some top 10 scores again!

Untitled

Lroy

@Corneel Nice one!

mauhlin12

@Corneel Thanks for taking the lead on this one. This thread was also my gateway into this group so I'd like to see it keep going. Plenty of great games coming out soon too like R Type, Thunderforce 4 and SNK Collection. I'll make sure to download Alpha Mission 2.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

riccyjay

Excellent! Just downloading the game now. I had a few gold points so with the sale paid a grand total of 64p! Looking forward to getting stuck in...

And thanks @Corneel for offering to keep track of this one. This is only my second time participating but after seeing a bit more on how things operate, I'll be happy to offer for a future game.

Good luck everyone!

SW-4616-4310-4138

GFoyle

I'm in. Not good at this game at all, but I'll try to get better. Good choice, nice to have some extra motivation to get familiar with a less known game which might not get played otherwise (I have had it for a while, but haven't played it much at all).

I'm slowly getting the understanding of the basic mechanics with the armour and other power ups (and power downs). Still it's tricky in the begging to follow all what is happening. I think this is definitely one of those, which will grow on you the more you play it and also one which is has some extra initial learning curve.

The biggest issue I have initially is that in high score mode (I think it applies to caravan), the auto-fire is not available intentionally. Fortunately the max shooting speed is not that fast so it's manageable, but still quite a bit of button smashing to do.

Thanks for selecting the high score mode though as I'm not fan of the caravan!

Hopefully we get some of the old timers back to join, like @GrailUK and @MasterLeon ?

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

OorWullie

Hey guys, I'm in. Sorry again for the disappearing act, life has got in the way these last few weeks and my heads not been on it. If I'm honest I've been kind of putting off making a post here as I've felt a bit awkward about it. Glad someone's taking the lead and got it going.

Anyway, I'm definitley in. I was intending to make a post to follow up @Lroy suggesting we start with the just released Cloud Master or Monkey King: Master of the Clouds to give it its new name. Fantastic little game with a nice scoring system and online leaderboard. Plus it's only $5. Alpha Mission 2 it is though, nice suggestion @Corneel , I already own it too.

Cheers guys.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Dude, no need to feel awkward about posting. Just happy to hear from you and know all is well - or getting there. Ace that you are in for ALPHA MISSION II.

Perhaps when we are back up and running here with the challenges, you could advise us on what needs updating over on the Leaderboards thread? No rush, just be good to get that up to date at some stage. Can some of us go in and actually edit and post in that thread?

monkeyspasm

@OorWullie - no need to apologise, if it wasn't for you and your hard work, this fantastic thread wouldn't exist!

Alpha Mission II is a great choice, with it being on sale! I'll nab it later and have a go

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

riccyjay

Anyone else had any trouble getting their scores to show up on the leaderboard for Alpha System II? I managed to get an okay score - not too far behind the one I saw GFoyle already has - and it asked me to put in my name, but then the score doesn't appear on the online board and my own highscore still says 0...

I am in China and the internet can be funny here, but I've managed to post scores on other ACA games before.

Edit: Scratch all that - it seems to be working. I got a better score and it registered it. I wonder if you need to hit a certain number before it will accept you to the board? Was quite excited cause I thought I'd caught GFoyle, but I see he's moved on up as well. Tough game, by the way.

Edited on by riccyjay

SW-4616-4310-4138

Lroy

@riccyjay My own scores don't seem to be showing up either, not that I've scored big at all. I might try going into the settings of the game and wiping my current scores. Then turn off the game and restart it. That seemed to fix a similar issue I had with a previous Hamster Neo Geo game.

EDIT: Ah I see, that's probably what is happening for me too.

Edited on by Lroy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic