Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 3,493

AgentLA

Here is my City Connection entry. I wish I had more time, only got two days in:

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

masterLEON

@Lroy Sorry I've been absent, I hope you and everyone else here is doing well. With me, it's just a general mix of extra workload (in the middle of a two week out-of-town job as I type), had to hack togethar a website by the 1st week of July (including research to find a new hosting company), can't afford new games right now because of the Pinball Arcade Bally/Williams situation (up until yesterday morning I had $25 in my bank account, good times), and I was just feeling a little burnt out by the time Ikaruga dropped. Oh, and I royally suck at Donkey Kong to be honest. I'd be lucky to make it past the 2nd barrel stage!

Thr one thing I have had time for, especially during work commute, is Pinball Arcade. I've been training using the challenge mode (min. passing score on a table is just before earning the extra ball) because I want to play in the PAPA pinball tournament held at MAGfest in January again. I managed to slide into the B-Squad finals by the barest of margins, but I wasn't able to find my groove. I ended up with a $5 off prize voucher for the merch table. So, I plan to be ready at the next pinball tournament at MAGfest with months of practice under my belt, rather than going in completely cold.

I hope to jump back in again soon. Just need to settle back in the rhythm, and get back to the point where I can spare the cash again. Hopefully by mid-late August the soonest.

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

Lroy

@masterLEON No worries dude. Many of us have been distracted by other things (work, family, World Cup, other games and general real life demands). Plus of course summer has hit.

Only got back off holiday myself today.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

bixente

I'm not sure how to post an image of my City Connection Caravan Mode score in this thread. But if it helps, I go under the same name there, Bixente.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

AgentLA

@bixente

I use the IMGUR app. Very easy to use! Try it out, if not we have your name.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@bixente Well played!

OorWullie

Guys, I'm really sorry for the lack of update. My friend who I mentioned before is in a bad way. I've had a rough couple of weeks. Hoping for some good news tomorrow and if so from next week things will start getting easier.

I'd really like to have a go at the City Connection challenge as I was getting into it before I got the bad news. I'll leave it open until the end of this coming week and then hopefully we can get going again like before. Again, my apologies,I feel terrible about just disappearing like that.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Mate, your real life matters and your own state of mind are what is important. I hope everything reaches a positive conclusion for you and your loved ones. Take care buddy.

As for those of us still interested in doing high-score challenges. I suggest we just go back to picking a game - weekly or perhaps maybe fortnightly? We just then post our scores here and post the rankings here at the end of each challenge. We can take turns in compiling the rankings?

Then when @oorwullie returns he can copy and paste the rankings tables for the games into his dedicated arcade high-score thread.

Okay?

DashKappei

Wow sorry guys life got in the way...
still silently playing DK (I admit I never thought to be such a crappy player, I can’t crack 60.000 with High Score mode International! Sigh. I need to go have a look at tips/strats online!

I’d say we also keep going with City Connection the whole month or so, currently at 210k or so but I see some familiar faces pulling amazing scores. Come join us even if you don’t know the game guys, it’s a great golden age arcade classic
Please don’t think of it as the awful NES port!

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

AgentLA

@dashKappei

Sweet, I’ll post some new and better scores soon then!

AgentLA

@OorWullie

No worries man, take care of yourself and your friend, we will be here. Good luck, I hope things get better soon.

hybridseed

Guess we need to look elsewhere for a fix of arcade high score chasing.

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Lroy

hybridseed wrote:

Guess we need to look elsewhere for a fix of arcade high score chasing.

Hey, I'm here and happy to play along so are many of the others. We've just suffered a lapse is all. Need organised types to step in and take over the reins whilst @oorwullie is absent πŸ‘

Edited on by Lroy

riccyjay

I've been away from here for a while - in fact, only managed to do the Ikaruga contest. If there are still folk around, what would you say to getting things started again with Psyvariar Delta? Newly released and something of a classic. Great for a score contest since a single playthrough is real quick and the scoring mechanics are great. Lots of options with this new edition too so we could choose one specific set-up and really go for it.

Only down side is I don't think you can narrow the score tables down to friends only - but there aren't that many people on there yet anyway so should be easy enough to keep track.

Could start this mon (10th) or next (17th) - whatever suits - if enough people are interested. If not, I'm already playing as 'riccyjay' so anyone who is playing, maybe we can compare scores / tips without a proper contest.

Either way, I hope this thread doesn't die - the Ikaruga challenge really made my experience of that game a lot more fun so I'd love to get involved in another one!

SW-4616-4310-4138

CroRock

Still waiting for Gunbird 2 competition

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Lroy

Will be genuinely sad if this thread dies. Playing along with these weekly arcade challenges has been one of the best things about owning a Switch for me 😒

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic