Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 3,455

Daftbomb

@OorWullie I really like the idea of suggesting Inversus arcade mode (castle level) kinda appropriate follow on game due to the polarity mechanic (but dont worry, nowhere near as taxing as Ikaruga - totally different) each arcade level has an online leaderboard so easy to see where we stand amongst each other. Its much more a twitch shooter, though not a retro game so perhaps innapropriate choice? FYI i currently suck at it so its not a choice for my own advantage.

If not Inversus, Metal Slug 3 caravan?

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

RetroGamerAndrew

@NinChocolate @CW13 please, don't buy that game. It's a total mess. Played and reviewed on Steam, one of the worst SHMUP I've ever put my hands on

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Daftbomb I just tried the Inversus demo and I have to say I really like it. I never even considered it before, not sure why.

It's on sale on the Eshop at the moment with 35% off. Take a look at the demo guys and see what you think. We can play online with each other too. Going by the demo online versus should be great fun.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Zkibu

@OorWullie It 's amazing. Really hope thar Donkey Kong would appear in our challenges

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

CW13

@RetroGamerAndrew oh thanks. Didn't bite yet. Will definitely take your advice! Thanks!!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

CW13

@OorWullie I'm just gladto be able to play caravan mode that way too.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@CW13 you're welcome mate, I think your money is better spent elsewhere

RetroGamerAndrew

OorWullie

@CW13 That's brilliant, I didn't know that. I just checked it out there and it looks fantastic with just the timer and your score at the top. I emailed Hamster asking if they would consider adding the ability to play TATE in Caravan mode 3 weeks ago and they replied saying "It will be a reference for our development." Then the next vertical game they release after that, it's in there.

I'm sure my email was one of many they received on this but still, it shows they're listening. I wonder if they'll update their other TATE games too? I have Heroic Episode, Star Force, Terra Cresta and Punch Out. I know they've updated several of their past releases with video capture functionality so there's a good chance they will.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

RetroGamerAndrew

As for weekly challenge, I'm pretty open to Inversus, even though -I must admit- if I had the choice I'd go for a more classic arcade-y game.
On a sidenote, will there also be a pinball challenge?

RetroGamerAndrew

hybridseed

@Daftbomb Excellent game choice, played the Inversus demo for about half an hour and the purchase, especially at the current sale price was a no brainer..

We'll have to arrange some friendly battles between us all here sometime☺

@RetroGamerAndrew Real glad I read what you said about 1917 Alien Invasion... Thanks!

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Steveovig

I might not join in on this one either. I played the demo and enjoyed the Multiplayer but not the Arcade mode.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

GFoyle

Finally passed 500k mark. I’m improving but it’s slow.

Edited on by GFoyle

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

CaffeinatedGamer

Looks like I hung on to my third place finish in Ikaruga. I didn't really have an opportunity to play any more of it last week, but I still feel like I could improve. I'll probably continue here again at some point and do a few more rounds. Congrats to 1st and 2nd!

By the way, I noticed Gunbird 2 is now on the upcoming section of the eShop for a release this week.

CaffeinatedGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

hybridseed

@GFoyle Is that on normal settings, 1 credit, 3 lives etc? Wow!

Great score on the current challenge too, I was ahead of you for about half an hour yesterday 😂

hybridseed

I know it's not like me to go off topic but I've just been playing one of the best modern arcade games I've played in years, and it's by Nintendo!

Untitled

Cruis n Blast, there's speculation it may come to Switch... Really hope that happens!

hybridseed

@Corneel It is pure arcade, ott fun! The London course where the Millennium Wheel is rolling around, it's just great! Yeah it'd be perfect for Switch.. Please Nintendo, make it happen😉

Was searching the web after playing it to see how to share my score with the qr code that comes up and saw the twin arcade machine for sale in US for $58000.. Unfortunately the wifey won't buy me one😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic