Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 3,493

riccyjay

Been playing Sisters Royale a lot myself. Funny, in the last week I've picked up Fortnite, Paladins and Hollow Knight, but it's this little shmup that I've been playing the most (although I am now starting to get really hooked by Hollow Knight too). Shame it's so short, but I do like the graze-like system and the fact that each character plays so completely differently. With one of them I can get to the penultimate boss on normal without continuing, with a couple of the others I can barely get past the first stage. Nice clear score boards as well so could be a future challenge...?

SW-4616-4310-4138

hybridseed

@meppi64 I've heard people say the same about the U.K, that PlayStation dominates, and most people play nothing but COD and FIFA, the last COD I bought was Modern Warfare 2, I get bored of the greyness and imo there are way better fps's out there, the Resistance and Killzone series for PlayStation, and Halo and Gears Of War for Xbox.. Plus the fact that they release an unfinished product every year makes me sick.

And I don't play FIFA as I have little interest in football, and I don't like the micro transactions involved in that series, as well as the Super Ultra Deluxe Editions that cost ÂŖ80+

I have in the past enjoyed some arcade football games and, I don't know what it's called but that Satbox footie game in Japan looks great, just downloaded the demo of that!

@riccyjay I love the mechanics of Sisters Royale too, and the character variation, only just realised that the secondary attack is not only a melee attact and that it actually goes around the screen taking out enemies! Haven't beat the game yet and have only played it on easy, furthest I've got is the stage 4 boss with the first character, who is probably my favourite!

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

hybridseed

@riccyjay Think it would have to be released outside of Japan for us to have it as a challenge game, right @OorWullie? I thought the same for Kyogeki, which is now localized as Quad Fighter K!

Steveovig

Are we still on Ikaruga or did we pick something else? I had to pass on Ikaruga since it's too stressful for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

CW13

@meppi64 I'm always keeping an eye out for Saturn. Tried for a few, but lost bidding. Someday if it's meant to be! I have Genesis games in the collection versions(psp). Might pick the one up for ps4.

Edited on by CW13

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

NinChocolate

Anyone familiar with the 1917 alien invasion game in eShop now?

NinChocolate

CW13

@NinChocolate was looking into that one myself. For the 8 bucks, might just grab it.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

riccyjay

hybridseed wrote:

Haven't beat the game yet and have only played it on easy, furthest I've got is the stage 4 boss with the first character, who is probably my favourite!

Yes, same here! Her second attack seems hugely over powered compared to some of the others - although her main shot is, I think, the weakest. The middle girl - one with the beam shot - is also good, but a couple of the others... The one with the rotating blade and the one that holds something directly in front of her as a secondary weapon, I just can't get the hang of controlling them at all.

By the way, just in case anyone hasn't found it yet, the top two buttons in the options menu switch TATE mode on/off. Always love having that available. Had the Switch over half a year now but still makes me smile every time I play a game that way.

SW-4616-4310-4138

hybridseed

@NinChocolate I saw that in the US eShop, looks interesting, described as 'a memorization bullet hell shooter' I think?!? Will probably buy it if it comes out here in the U.K,, haven't funded my U.S. account yet..

@riccyjay Whenever I get a game in Japanese game the first thing I do is go through the menus so I know what's what, so I figured out the TATE Mode but thanks!

A couple of the characters have homing shots too, did pretty well with the girl in green but like I said, I only just figured out the secondary shot was not just a melee attack so haven't tried all the characters properly yet..

Also, it seems that using continues doesn't affect your score? Such a great game, can't wait to get back on it!

meppi64

@CW13 I doubt you'll be disappointed if you get a Saturn, even today.
For instance, even after 23 years, Sega Rally is still my favourite racing game I've ever played.
A few come close, WipEout and 2097, Ridge Racer series up to 4, Ferrari 355 Challenge, Driveclub, Forza Horizon series and PGR 3 and 4, for instance. But for me nothing had been able to top the feeling of the original Sega Rally.
I can still slip right into the game and almost immediately it feels like the game is playing itself as I slip into some sort of trance. WipEout does this as well, but nowhere near this immediate as Sega Rally.
It does take a while to get used to the controls and for the game to click with you though.
Be sure to check out NiGHTS into dreams and Burning Rangers if you get one as well.
http://www.outofprintarchive.com/articles/features/SegaSaturn...
http://www.outofprintarchive.com/articles/features/SegaSaturn...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

@Daftbomb Congratulations on your 2 wins. That is some score you got on Ikaruga. Also well played @riccyjay

Which game would you like to choose for the next challenge? Yep I'll open another pinball tournament too, Portal is a good shout.

I'll make up the 2 leaderboards later tonight.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Daftbomb

@OorWullie I really like the idea of suggesting Inversus arcade mode (castle level) kinda appropriate follow on game due to the polarity mechanic (but dont worry, nowhere near as taxing as Ikaruga - totally different) each arcade level has an online leaderboard so easy to see where we stand amongst each other. Its much more a twitch shooter, though not a retro game so perhaps innapropriate choice? FYI i currently suck at it so its not a choice for my own advantage.

If not Inversus, Metal Slug 3 caravan?

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

RetroGamerAndrew

@NinChocolate @CW13 please, don't buy that game. It's a total mess. Played and reviewed on Steam, one of the worst SHMUP I've ever put my hands on

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Daftbomb I just tried the Inversus demo and I have to say I really like it. I never even considered it before, not sure why.

It's on sale on the Eshop at the moment with 35% off. Take a look at the demo guys and see what you think. We can play online with each other too. Going by the demo online versus should be great fun.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Zkibu

@OorWullie It 's amazing. Really hope thar Donkey Kong would appear in our challenges

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

CW13

@RetroGamerAndrew oh thanks. Didn't bite yet. Will definitely take your advice! Thanks!!

CW13

CW13

@OorWullie I'm just gladto be able to play caravan mode that way too.

CW13

RetroGamerAndrew

@CW13 you're welcome mate, I think your money is better spent elsewhere

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic