Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 3,493

Lroy

hybridseed wrote:

... And the fact that one of the loading screens says about comparing your scores to your friends in the online leaderboards is a @ยฃ(<>)! joke.

TOTALLY AGREE! That right there reflects very negatively on the developer and their esteem for the Switch audience.

Now compare that with the attitude and support shown by the devs of STEREDENN. In that distinction there is no problem is saying STEREDENN is the clear winner.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

hybridseed

@Lroy Thanks for sharing what you know about the Mario Rabbids dlc๐Ÿ˜†

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Lroy

My most recent personal best score in STRIKERS 1945 is 448, 002 (default settings). I was piloting the P-38.

Won't post a pick just yet as I'd like to think I could top that before the end of the week. All depends on time for gaming I get between now and then. I'll say again though, another great game pick for these weekly challenges.

Edited on by Lroy

hybridseed

@Lroy Thank you! Yeah, if they weren't going to include online leaderboards they should have taken that screen out...

Was waiting for a discount on Steredenn as it's quite steep but thinking after what @Lroy just said I may buy it on pay day...

Lroy

Again, for any newcomers. Do check out that Adult Switch Gamers thread I linked to. Very useful way to get online for multiplayer fun with like-minded octogenarians ๐Ÿ˜‰

And please come visit the Switch Arcade Community thread:

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/arcade_arc...

I would love to hear about what retro games you are currently enjoying on any past systems. Or arcade or retro titles you remember fondly and are hoping will come to Switch. The Switch Arcade Community thread is a great hang out and very much the companion to this High-Score challenges thread.

Edited on by Lroy

hybridseed

Lroy wrote:

Or arcade or retro titles you remember fondly and are hoping will come to Switch.

Outrun, Daytona, Shinobi, Salamander, Contra...

I could go on!!!

OorWullie

@GFoyle I think the weekend tournaments they have , everybody's ship has the same level of upgrades and you've to try and set the highest score on an extra challenging stage. I'm not sure if it's the same stage every week or they rotate between a few.I only played it once and since no one on my friend list did ,I was the sole entrant on the leaderboard.It could be fun if it worked the same.way as other versions ,where you have a global leaderboard as well I as a friend one but unfortunately Switch doesn't get this .The developers said they couldn't get it working in time for release.OK ,fair enough but it's been out for a few months now and it's still the same. Steredenn managed to do it and they have Daily run leaderboards too.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

GFoyle

@OorWullie If you mean the tournament level on the left side of the first level in the map, if you play that, I'm pretty sure you have you normal ship as in any other level (I have played those few times). You even have effects of any temporary card you might have at the time... it doesn't make much sense to me that it works like that. The level changes every week though.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

hybridseed wrote:

Lroy wrote:

Or arcade or retro titles you remember fondly and are hoping will come to Switch.

Outrun, Daytona, Shinobi, Salamander, Contra...

I could go on!!!

Save it for the Switch Arcade Community thread ๐Ÿ˜‰

But hell yeah! I'll take all of those. I'm particularly fond of the SHINOBI series. I'd be ecstatic if we got Arcade perfect versions of SHINOBI and SHADOW DANCER.

masterLEON

I'm working my way up there. And there's also a glimpse of my makeshift stand in 2 parts. One made by Bounty, the other by Arizona (which i have to replace every now and then, lol).

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

Lroy

@GFoyle Sweet! I've only had very limited experience with this one via emulation and recall needing two players in order to get further into it. Will certainly be picking this one up as soon as I have the funds โ˜บ๏ธ

Zkibu

@GFoyle I remember it being quite hard early Neo Geo shmup.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

hybridseed

Just saw the price of Wild Guns Reloaded in Japan... It's ยฅ1800 on the JP eShop which converts to just under ยฃ13, less than half the price than it is on the UK eShop!!!

Also, the Sky Force Reloaded thing we've been talking about on here, how about those of us that own it have a quick go in the weekend tournament this weekend to see if we can actually compete against each other?

I've basically boycotted the game since I realized it is incomplete.. Bought it the day it came out to support the developer and feel very let down by them, such a shame though as I love the game, didn't fully level up but got towards the last few stages, been checking PSN to see if it gets discounted on there but don't see why I should buy it again to enjoy all the features...

Sorry to go on and on about this game and hope you're all having a great day!๐Ÿ™‹

ScottyB

Edited on by ScottyB

Friend Code: SW-4083-8350-1541

AgentLA

I havenโ€™t seen an score list yet but Iโ€™m slightly above 500k. What Iโ€™m really mad at is I had a 300k score with 1cc and didnโ€™t take a pic!!!! Aaaaasrrrrgggghhhhh....and because my two continues scores are so much higher, thereโ€™s no record of it.

#1stworldproblems

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

masterLEON

I wish I was home recording this! I actually landed the killing shot on the stage 5 boss on my first credit, but I took a bullet a few frames later and I had to do the stage all over again, so I have no idea what my score was at that point And I made it to the part in sage 6 where the boss drops the red balls of bullet death where on my last life, in much the same way as before, I finished that mode but I got killed in the exchange.

This is it for tonight, and I finally go home tomorrow. But I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play.

Edited on by masterLEON

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

Zkibu

@masterLEON Brilliant score. That is the best so far!

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

AgentLA

Hereโ€™s mine...I doubt Iโ€™ll for further. I got a high score of 516,002 and a 1cc score of 335,800.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic