Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,047

GFoyle

Zkibu wrote:

One shooter that I would love to see for Switch is Rayforce/Gunlock/Layer Section/Galactic Attack. Last year it had an Android release. Though I have no knowledge about the quality of the port, but maybe there is a possibility for release.

I would like to see more variation of those old shooters in general. If we leave out the newer, indie shooter, I think Psikyo is about half of the rest what we have for Switch. Hopefully those old companies / owners of rights to those games start to see Switch as way of making some money. I do like those Psikyo games especially, but most of them are very similar to each other in a lot of ways (and after we get Gunbird 2 and probably Strikers III, we pretty have all the Psikyo shooters which actually matter).

M2stg seems to have done ports of Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron for XBone and PS4... (not available in EU countries for some strange reason though) and I really wish they would get permission to do same for Switch too.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Zkibu

@GFoyle
Woo boy! Never played Dangun Feveron, but it looks so good. Garegga is still an amazing game. Like Cave's classics, Treasure's Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun it never gets old. Hopefully we'll see those ported for the Switch. I mean even Xbone got ports too so why not Switch?

Nintendo discontinued the Virtual Console brand but I am still wishing that we could see the PC Engine classics like Soldier series and Salamander with their new Online plan.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

OorWullie

@Lroy Nice one , I'm really glad I've got my own one.I find myself using it a lot. For stickers I'd recommend Redbubble ,they're cheap,quickly delivered top quality stickers and have about everything you would want to decorate it with. They stick really well and can be taken off and put back on many times.I'd also recommend colouring in all the wooden edges and elastic bands with a black permanent marker, looks the part and make the bits sticking out a lot less noticeable.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

OorWullie

Really glad I bought Super Sidekicks 2,it's a big step up over the original and looks fantastic on the Switch screen. It'll be a great game to play during the World Cup month too as it really nails the WC atmosphere. Makes me think of Mexico 86 and USA 94.

SW-6101-8403-1640

monkeyspasm

@OorWullie - I agree, I bought it the other day and it's great fun

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

GrailUK

Hiya everyone. The Pinball Arcade has been released on the EU store. Is this the game with the Bally / Midway games? I'm just not seeing them anywhere. Thanks

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RetroGamerAndrew

@GrailUK unfortunately no, due to licensing issues

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

GrailUK

@RetroGamerAndrew @daveisbored Oh that is a shame. Hmmm...I might go for FX then for the Bethesda tables.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Executer66

I haven't really gotten into the arcade scene on Switch. Most of my eShop downloads have been Indies but I kind of want to jump into something else. Any suggestions on where to start?

Switch friend code: SW-7767-5191-8114

OorWullie

@Executer66 Do you enjoy shoot 'em ups? If so you're spoiled for choice. There are some brilliant 1v1 fighters too. I'd recommend

Shoot 'em ups

Tengai
Strikers 1945
Gunbird 2 (releasing in the next couple of weeks.)

1v1 fighters

Garou Mark of Wolves
Last Blade
Samurai Shodown 2

Beat 'em ups

Sengoku 3

Action platformers

Top Hunter
Spinmaster

Sports

Neo Turf Masters
Super Sidekicks 2

Classic Arcade

Moon Patrol
Punch Out

SW-6101-8403-1640

Executer66

@OorWullie: Thanks, I'm not that big a fan of Fighting or Sports games but I'll have to check the other ones out.

Switch friend code: SW-7767-5191-8114

OorWullie

I bought myself a little bluetooth speaker called a Rock Cube for my phone without even thinking I could use it on my Switch wired via the audio jack. As it turns out ,it's magnificent. The sound quality is superb for such a little thing and when sitting behind the console in my little arcade cabinet ,it adds so much more oomph and really adds to the arcade experience. Highly recommended for tabletop mode.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

The next Johnny Turbo Arcade release will be Joe & Mac Caveman Ninjas and it releases next week. I've only played the SNES version via an emulator a few years back. It was alright but it got frustratingly difficult If I remember correctly.I love the cavemen and dinosaur theme though,there's not enough games with them.

Ninja Combat is the Neo Geo release. I'm not sure about that one,I remember someone saying it wasn't up to much.

Wulverblade has had its first update. It now has an easy mode,checkpoints before bosses (superb) and a beast mode and I've no idea what that is. There's also been some graphical and framerate improvements as well as faster loading times. Great job.

The dev was saying Switch sales have been very good ,exceeding all other platform sales combined. Its day one sales on Switch beat its Steam year one sales. Unfortunately he also says he's still to break even on his game. It's now on sale on the Eshop. Hopefully the sale and news of the update will get him some good sales. I'm pretty sure he's a one man team and spent a lot of years making the game.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Zkibu

Man I feel like a kid again. Since the reveal of Ikaruga the days have passed by so slowly. I may have watched every superplay video on youtube (my favourite is obviously the legendary "one man, two ships" gameplay). Ikaruga is endlessly fun, the replay value is so high. It has this classic easy to understand and pick up, but it may take a decade to master. I may have not the skills ever to 1cc it, still gonna play the heck out of it.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic