Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,047

meppi64

@CaffeinatedGamer Oh, that's for sure!
Been playing some Rare Replay today. Still love Snake Rattle N Roll and Blast Corps so much. Playing a bit of pinball in between. Getting back into Attack From Mars, which is such a fun table to play.
Started Gear of War 1 Co-op yesterday and had a blast. Needed to get back into the groove as we were both very rusty when it comes to Gears. Can't wait to play some Horde again.
Oh, and I just played some Puzzle Quest on backwards compatibility again.
Downloaded Double Dragon Neon again as well.

That feature is turning out to be such a blessing. The convenience of having tons of titles from the past 3 gens all at the tips of your fingers is just bliss.

I naturally lost all my progress in Metal Gear 5, The Witcher, Diablo and all those games I played on PS4, but I really don't mind. I dropped them all midway through the games and I'd have trouble picking up where I left off anyway. Really want to restart Red Dead Redemption as well! Especially since a thunderstorm just passed by here and that kind of weather always reminds me of the summer I played the game the first time.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dirt 4, Doom and Quantum Break should be here this week as well and with a bit of luck, so should Ori and Geometry Wars 3 from the US since we didn't get a physical release here.
It feels so good to have all 3 Geometry Wars games next to each other. I wish we'd get a HD remake of the Wii/DS versions as well as those were brilliant.
I'm looking at Rayden 5 from Japan and Stern Pinball from the US as well (too bad that one doesn't have Ghostbusters on disc), but I'll hold off a bit as I just looked at my back account after going on a spending spree the past month. lol
I'm going to keep busy with the games I have as well as the ones on GamePass. Nice surprise that ReCore is on there so I can try it out myself before I buy a physical copy.

There's a bit too much coming out on Switch in the next few months, so I'll cut down on Xbox games for now so I can keep up with those releases. The limited print releases are starting to pick up as well, so it's going to get expensive rather fast. Really want that Disgaea 1 LE, but I might settle for the regular version.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

RetroGamerAndrew

@CaffeinatedGamer nice pickups mate! I have fond memories about Dungeon Siege PSP, I've always been a huge aRPG fan (spent YEARS playing almost only Diablo games back in the day), I was skeptic at first but I was pleasantly surprised of how much fun it was. As for racing games, almost 90% of the PSP catalog is top notch so you can (almost) never go wrong! Outrun 2006 is definitely in my wishlist too, I'm a sucker for good old classic arcade driving gameplay.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Lroy

Late to this convo but I too loved Danteโ€™s Infernon on the PS3. I loved the lore, the tie in to Dante and the gruesome graphics. I played it through twice and loved it both times. Itโ€™s an under appreciated gem.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@RetroGamerAndrew Outrun 2006 is such a great game. When I went through my short-lived Steam period after getting my laptop that was my go to game. I'd love to have that on Switch.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Lroy

Agent721 wrote:

@Lroy

Late to this convo but I too loved Danteโ€™s Infernon on the PS3. I loved the lore, the tie in to Dante and the gruesome graphics. I played it through twice and loved it both times. Itโ€™s an under appreciated gem.

Yep, totally agree and if memory serves there were some quality bosoms on display ๐Ÿ˜œ

Actually, I think I might make some time to replay it on PS3 this year. I haven't touched it since completing it at launch about 8 or more years ago?

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

Stakes Winner is next week's Neo Geo release. Some horse racing to go with some severely dated Grid Iron action in 10 Yard Fight. I'm no fan of the sport but i used to love the old American footy games. Joe Montana on the Master System ,JM Sports Talk Football on Megadrive as well as the early Madden games were big favourites of mine.10 Yard Fight looks a little too primitive unfortunately.

Anyway Stakes Winner is supposed to be pretty good. I'll be buying that for sure next Thursday.

SW-6101-8403-1640

monkeyspasm

It's Ghost Pilots today, isn't it? My wife loves that game, instabuy for me

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Lroy

I'm totally skint this week but there are a few games I'll likely buy as soon as I get some loose change. GHOST PILOTS is definitely one of them. Tempted by STREETS OF RED too and maybe that SATURDAY MORNING RPG title? Looks retro-tastic. There is also that arcade space shooter on the horizon - HYPER something - and an Arkanoid style game too. So many games, not enough time nor money ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited on by Lroy

monkeyspasm

The only retro shooter I don't have is Aero Fighters 3, might have to get that

OorWullie

Just Sky Rogue for me this week but what a game that is going to be.Cant wait to get stuck into that ,already have it pre-downloaded. I can tell already it's going to be a favourite of mine.

@Lroy I highly recommend adding Rogue Aces to your wishlist ,if it's not already. You'll love it for sure. It's so satisfying to play,it controls brilliantly and has a lot of content.ยฃ9 I think it costs ,an absolute bargain.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Zkibu

I am wishing for ghost pilots to be next week's challenge game. Sometimes more simplistic is more beautiful. Stakes winner is really fun if it clicks. If it doesn't it's very weird but still very good looking game

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

RetroGamerAndrew

@OorWullie Outrun is such a good racing franchise, I hope it will get some love on the Switch, sooner or later. TBH most of arcade SEGA arcade racers -Outrun, SEGA Rally, Crazy Taxy, Daytona- are top notch!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@OorWullie Yes, I have ROGUE ACES and that other one with the Blue Plane you mention in my wishlist... along with about fifty other titles, lol! See above comment - no time nor money for all these games ๐Ÿ˜‚

CW13

OorWullie wrote:

Stakes Winner is next week's Neo Geo release. Some horse racing to go with some severely dated Grid Iron action in 10 Yard Fight. I'm no fan of the sport but i used to love the old American footy games. Joe Montana on the Master System ,JM Sports Talk Football on Megadrive as well as the early Madden games were big favourites of mine.10 Yard Fight looks a little too primitive unfortunately.

Anyway Stakes Winner is supposed to be pretty good. I'll be buying that for sure next Thursday.

Put both in my wish list yesterday. Wil be picking them up next week. I still enjoy 10yd fight in all its simplicity. Never played Stakes Winner before, read good things about it.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

hybridseed

I read previous comments about games being removed from the eShop.. In the UK, Zero Gunners and RXN Raijin have both gone, kinda worrying and i'd love to know why this is happening...

I bought them both from Japan, kind of a panic buy! RXN Raijin, or Raixin as my Switch displays when playing the Japanese version is expensive, but worth every penny๐Ÿ˜‰

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Zkibu

@hybridseed
What Zero Gunner is gone too? I have to check out the โ‚ฌ eshop. I previously noticed that Star Force was "unavailable for purchase" and it's quite worrying that same thing is happening to other games too. Of course they are likely returning to eshop but not giving any information about the situation is super annoying

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

hybridseed

@Zkibu Yeah m8, it was removed not long after its release... Very worrying indeed..

I emailed Nintendo to ask why RXN Raijin was removed, they replied with a 'no comment' response. ..

Edited on by hybridseed

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

monkeyspasm

We have a caravan in Wales, going tonight with my brother and a few mates, 7 of us in total! Got plenty of Switch hiscore and multiplayer games ready

I only have the two joycons, and didn't think FIFA or Rocket League would stack up too well in the pub due to the limited shoulder buttons, so bought these cheap grips: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071KVW3XC/ref=od_aui_det...

This is the second set of grips I've bought within a day, as the first set just uses the slide-on shoulder buttons. But this one gives you proper shoulder buttons with a definite click. Huge improvement

Edited on by monkeyspasm

OorWullie

@hybridseed Zero Gunner 2 is still there on the UK Eshop. All of Psikyo's titles are just now but if I remember correctly,Gunbarich disappeared for a while.

SW-6101-8403-1640

mauhlin12

@OorWullie Gunbird was taken down from the U.S. Eshop for a while. It came out when I was in the middle of Xenoblade 2 and wanted to wait until I was finished with that before I picked up anything else. When I beat XB to my horror Gunbird was unavailable for purchase. Eventually it kind of ghost dropped back onto the Eshop and I immediately swooped it up and I'm glad I did because it's a great game. Weird how these things happen.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic