Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 800

CW13

OorWullie wrote:

Stakes Winner is next week's Neo Geo release. Some horse racing to go with some severely dated Grid Iron action in 10 Yard Fight. I'm no fan of the sport but i used to love the old American footy games. Joe Montana on the Master System ,JM Sports Talk Football on Megadrive as well as the early Madden games were big favourites of mine.10 Yard Fight looks a little too primitive unfortunately.

Anyway Stakes Winner is supposed to be pretty good. I'll be buying that for sure next Thursday.

Put both in my wish list yesterday. Wil be picking them up next week. I still enjoy 10yd fight in all its simplicity. Never played Stakes Winner before, read good things about it.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

hybridseed

I read previous comments about games being removed from the eShop.. In the UK, Zero Gunners and RXN Raijin have both gone, kinda worrying and i'd love to know why this is happening...

I bought them both from Japan, kind of a panic buy! RXN Raijin, or Raixin as my Switch displays when playing the Japanese version is expensive, but worth every pennyπŸ˜‰

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Zkibu

@hybridseed
What Zero Gunner is gone too? I have to check out the € eshop. I previously noticed that Star Force was "unavailable for purchase" and it's quite worrying that same thing is happening to other games too. Of course they are likely returning to eshop but not giving any information about the situation is super annoying

SW-3139-0887-1010

hybridseed

@Zkibu Yeah m8, it was removed not long after its release... Very worrying indeed..

I emailed Nintendo to ask why RXN Raijin was removed, they replied with a 'no comment' response. ..

Edited on by hybridseed

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

monkeyspasm

We have a caravan in Wales, going tonight with my brother and a few mates, 7 of us in total! Got plenty of Switch hiscore and multiplayer games ready

I only have the two joycons, and didn't think FIFA or Rocket League would stack up too well in the pub due to the limited shoulder buttons, so bought these cheap grips: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071KVW3XC/ref=od_aui_det...

This is the second set of grips I've bought within a day, as the first set just uses the slide-on shoulder buttons. But this one gives you proper shoulder buttons with a definite click. Huge improvement

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

OorWullie

@hybridseed Zero Gunner 2 is still there on the UK Eshop. All of Psikyo's titles are just now but if I remember correctly,Gunbarich disappeared for a while.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

mauhlin12

@OorWullie Gunbird was taken down from the U.S. Eshop for a while. It came out when I was in the middle of Xenoblade 2 and wanted to wait until I was finished with that before I picked up anything else. When I beat XB to my horror Gunbird was unavailable for purchase. Eventually it kind of ghost dropped back onto the Eshop and I immediately swooped it up and I'm glad I did because it's a great game. Weird how these things happen.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

OorWullie

@mauhlin12 I went to buy Star Force a few weeks ago and it was gone. Fortunately it was still available in the US Eshop so I got it from there.

Sky Rogue is absolutely superb by the way. Highly recommended to all. A patch arrived yesterday which fixed the crashing issue and seems to have improved the framerate as well. It's pure 90's arcade bliss.

With the news Raging Justice will release on the 8th,that week just got even more expensive . On the 10th/11th we also have Hyper Light Sentinel ,Immortal Redneck and Garage.I think Super Sidekicks 2 also releases that week.There goes around another Β£55 of my cash on Switch games I don't need but won't be able to resist.Not forgetting Little Nightmares and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary at the end of the month.

SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

It's weird that these games are disappearing, I wonder why?

Also, I see the next batch of ACA releases are all sports based, which isn't of interest to me but I'm sure it will please a lot of people on here.

I really hope Hamster will release Puzzle De Pon, it's a fun Puzzle Bobble off shoot by Taito.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

GrailUK

I...Ika...Ikaruga May 29th.

Outstanding.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RetroGamerAndrew

@GrailUK boooooom baby! Now that's the kind of news i like to hear! What a game

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

GrailUK

@RetroGamerAndrew I have no words to express what a happy camper I am. Street Fighter 3, Guilty Gear XX and Ikaruga all living in my Switch. Sure, I have a hopes list like anyone else, but I am officially happy with whatever comes out on the Switch now lol. (Although of course I still hope for Super Monkey Ball and Bomb Jack!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Lroy

Incredible news about IKARUGA and so soon too! My wallet weeps but my heart soars. So many great arcade games on Switch wonder machine.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€|
Retro Gamer

ArtheXavier

Ikaruga isn't only one of the greatest Shmups of all time... It is one of the greatest video-games of all time, period. Can't wait to get it on Switch.

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

CaffeinatedGamer

Yeah!! I can't wait to own Ikaruga on the Switch as well. I'm also excited to try out Gunbird 2 for the first time.

CaffeinatedGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

Lroy

Yay! I'd missed the news about GUNBIRD 2. Really enjoyed that on MAME in the past. Another certain but for me πŸ‘

Retro Gamer

Lroy

Untitled

Took delivery of these arcade gaming related goodies recently.

My family have a little custom printing and paraphernalia business. Non-gaming related usually but if we ever have any stock left over and some spare print materials (in this case two black t-shirts and some acrylics). I like to knock-up a shirt or jumper for myself. Excuse the creases on the Stern Pinball one, already worn and in need of an iron ☺️

Edited on by Lroy

Retro Gamer

OorWullie

The Neo Geo Mini has been revealed albeit not officially. Apparently it comes with 40 games including 5 King of Fighters and 3 Metal Slugs.

Untitled

SW-6101-8403-1640

CaffeinatedGamer

So, I had more time for Dragon Blaze tonight and improved on my score. However, a friend of mine let me borrow Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and that took most of my evening's playtime. It's a ton of fun, and I spent most of my time playing Time Trials. I can get some good lap times, but my goodness those top overall times are insane. I think I'll be happy with just putting up pretty decent lap times that's still in the upper half of the community.

CaffeinatedGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@OorWullie omg... how cool is that?! Do we know anything about the price?

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic