Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,047

RetroGamerAndrew

@Shiryu Man, that score!!!
I'm impressed sir, very well done and huge grats!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Shiryu

@OorWullie They still didn't get back to me on the mails I sent their PR warning them about the issues, will check it out to see if I can update my review copy at lunch.

@RetroGamerAndrew I finally figure out how they get those 100+ millions scores on the leaderboard, the game loops! Add the 100% score multiplier and Combos gain bonus are you're set on your way into the stars!

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@Shiryu well I didn't know it looped either... honestly I never ever beat the last boss
I see you're using the big armored ship, I'll give it a try on my way back home from work

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Shiryu

@RetroGamerAndrew This was my very first time beating that bastard. This ship Fortress does come with a damage output penalty on all weapons but it is by far the easiest one to handle from the four I have unlocked. Rocket Circus is also a very handy ability that lets you fire and forget and often clear the whole screen for some much needed breathing space.

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

meppi64

Oh, just saw that Sengoku 3 on NeoGeo and Sengoku Blade by Psykio will both be released next week!
Two must have games without a doubt!

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

@meppi64 Oh man, both of those releasing in the same week is great news. Sengoku Blade looks superb. Can't wait to play a Psikyo traditional horizontal shoot-em-up. Sol Divide is horizontal as well of course but that isn't really traditional.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

OorWullie

@Lroy Sorry man I need to go do something. Going to make a coffee and nip out for a fag as well. Good playing with you, perhaps we'd be better playing casual for now. I was playing crap, have been all night.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

meppi64 wrote:

Oh, just saw that Sengoku 3 on NeoGeo and Sengoku Blade by Psykio will both be released next week!

OorWullie wrote:

@meppi64 Oh man, both of those releasing in the same week is great news. Sengoku Blade looks superb. Can't wait to play a Psikyo traditional horizontal shoot-em-up. Sol Divide is horizontal as well of course but that isn't really traditional.

Hmm, I don't know about these. Japanese Nintendo names them as "Sengoku Blade for Nintendo Switch" and "Sol Divide for Nintendo Switch". It could be nothing, but it's making me think they could have both been re-written in the way Zero Gunner 2 was.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

@wasilewski I think that is what all of Psikyo's games have been called? GUNBARICH for Nintendo Switch for example?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@OorWullie No worries. What averse or positive effect does winning or losing in ranked have? I had only been playing ROCKET LEAGUE online in casual before but had jumped on with @Jbs-Dad a couple of times this week and he was in ranked and we held our own. So assumed that was the way to go. Happy to leave it as you invite me (or not) in future. I don't know what I am doing on or off the pitch in this game, lol!

wasilewski

Lroy wrote:

@wasilewski I think that is what all of Psikyo's games have been called? GUNBARICH for Nintendo Switch for example?

Ah right, fair enough, I should have checked first

wasilewski

OorWullie

@Lroy It affects your ranking. I was relegated down a division there to Bronze 1 in our 2nd match. Not your fault, it was coming anyway as I had been playing crap all night Some days I can play like a professional, others I'm like a Sunday League player with a hangover.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

OorWullie wrote:

@wasilewski Yep, like @Lroy said above all the Psikyo games have that. It's written on the icon as well below the title.

Fair dues man.

I'm not sure if I'll pick them up, maybe Sol Divide. I'll have to see what else is lurking on the eShop that week.

wasilewski

Lroy

meppi64 wrote:

There goes my vow to not spend any more money for awhile. I really want both of these games.

OorWullie

Just watched another video of Sengoku Blade, the graphics are very nice. Can't wait to play it!

I'm actually surprised to see this so early. I expected Zerodiv to release the already announced Taisen Hot Gimmick before anymore titles. Looks like they plan to release all of the Psikyo shooters then

Gunbird 2
Dragon Blaze
Cannon Spike
Strikers 1945 III
Cho Aniki

Perhaps even Strikers 1945 Plus. Or maybe Hamster will bring that one.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

monkeyspasm

We're at our caravan in Wales. Was missing my virtual pincab, then realised that, with the Switch, TATE mode in Stern Pinball would rotate on TV too

Untitled

I LOVE this console!

edit: and here's the cab if anyone's interested! Running Visual Pinball X, which is frankly incredible

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

OorWullie

@monkeyspasm I done that with a 50 inch TV for some Pinball FX3 and the Psikyo shoot-em-ups a couple of weeks ago. Was amazing.

Untitled

Amazing set up you have there by the way. Not at all jealous haha

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

monkeyspasm

Thanks! Yes, the Psikyo stuff looks great! Big fan of all the pinball games too, I prefer real tables but Zen have great physics, have really nailed it and deserve support. As much as I love my games room (and I highly recommend any PC-based pinball fans check out Visual Pinball X), the Switch has given my retro gaming a new lease of life. Everything else has taken a back seat

The Switch is just incredible for this stuff. Someone said that it was their favourite console since Dreamcast and I feel exactly the same. I've really enjoyed being part of this forum, it feels made for old retro gamers like me. Caravan mode and high score gaming on Switch in general is great, I'm just rubbish at the games

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

meppi64

@monkeyspasm That Dreamcast comparison certainly sounds like something I would say.

Love that setup btw. I want one of those in the future that's for sure!
Is that a cabinet that you made yourself from an old table or something you can buy like that?

I would rotate my Tv in a flash if I wasn't afraid it would blow up in the process. Got a 43" and a 65" Panasonic Plasma, and I heard Plasma TVs are not supposed to be flipped due to the gas inside.
Not sure if that's correct, but there are some warning about letting the Tv sit for quite a while after moving it and such, so I think it'l legit.
@OorWullie
Cannon Spike is one game I'd love to see on Switch for sure. For some reason that is one of the very few Dreamcast games that always escaped me.
I'll get a Japanese version one day, but they certainly aren't going for cheap nowadays...
Hopefully the source code for that one isn't lost as well, but I have a feeling it might have fallen into the same problem as Zero Gunner, being on Naomi as well...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic