Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,047

wasilewski

Would love to play some Cave shmups on those giant TV screens!!

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

@monkeyspasm @oorwullie Oh wow, those pics of TATE mode on TV are amazing. Plus, I'm loving the games room pic. I spy that MAME arcade cabinet. Would love to build one for myself one day.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

BalloonFighter

I kind of want some old arcade Capcom beat 'me ups. Unfortunately, a lot of the better ones like Alien vs. Predator and The Punisher were licensed. They could do Final Fight though.

BalloonFighter

Lroy

BalloonFighter wrote:

I kind of want some old arcade Capcom beat 'me ups. Unfortunately, a lot of the better ones like Alien vs. Predator and The Punisher were licensed. They could do Final Fight though.

Yes please and Konami too. Both made incredible beat-em-ups.

BalloonFighter

Lroy wrote:

BalloonFighter wrote:

Yes please and Konami too. Both made incredible beat-em-ups.

Unfortunately, a lot of Konami's were licensed too though Crime Fighters, Vendetta and Sunset Riders were original.

BalloonFighter

meppi64

@wasilewski Oh believe me, Playing Mushihimesama or Akai Katana on a 65" TV is bliss!
Really wish I could rotate it for vertical games, that would be mind-blowing!

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

wasilewski

@meppi64 I'm jealous now

wasilewski

meppi64

@wasilewski hehe, that wasn't my intention though...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

I've posted the final standings for Metal Slug. I wanted to wait until we knew what the next Weekly Challenge is going to be but I can add it in later.

@Qualitybeats I wanted to add your previously made score like you said but I couldn't find you in the top 100. Hope to see you back again for the new challenge.

@meppi64 @monkeyspasm @Shiryu Were you able to set a score that you want me to add to the leaderboard?

I wish these Hamster games had an option to compare our scores with friends like Steredenn does. A mini friends leaderboard would be great. It would make things a little easier for myself too.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Shiryu

@OorWullie Nope, I will still try to play it a bit this weekend, but whatever scor eI get will be off the table.

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Shiryu Cool, we have the always open leaderboard now too underneath the closed one so any score made can be added to that. You'll be pleased to know Danmaku Unlimited 3 is the game for the new Weekly Challenge.

I meant to post this in the High Score Thread. Just realised I'm in the wrong place

SW-6101-8403-1640

meppi64

@OorWullie Didn't have anything worthwhile to add to the score table. Had something around 160000 but I hit the wrong button so it didn't upload.
I think my highest registered one is something around 60.000 lol

I'm certainly in for the Danmaku challenge though. Really want to get back into that and dig a bit deeper.
Any idea which mode we're playing and on what difficulty? I personally wouldn't pick easy.

meppi64

OorWullie

Was playing Pacman CE 2 there and I have to say it's really great. I played it briefly when I bought it on launch day and came away disappointed. Not sure why but it just didn't feel right. Spent a good bit of time with it there though and I "get it" now. Really addictive stuff! There was an update available for it too which seems to have fixed the framerate issues it had in handheld. I was playing it in my mini arcade cabinet with the SF-30 Pro and it was awesome

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie Can you record for the full 5 mins?

OorWullie

@Lroy Unfortunately not, just the standard 30 seconds like with other games. It would be superb if we could.

I'm really not sure if this is a new thing. It might have there for a while and I didn't notice.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie Ah that's a shame. Perhaps we could all message Hamster and ask for them to talk with Nintendo about this? I know this might be 'pie in the sky' hoping but I dunno, at least if a dozen or so of us contact them about the same request they might at least consider it? Who has the Hamster customer support email address? I know some folks have been in contact with them before.

OorWullie

@Lroy I'm sure the video capture duration will be extended in time,perhaps when the online service arrives. 30 seconds to 1 minute is possible but I'd imagine they'll go further than that. 5 minutes is the next logical step. September is still a long way away though.

Can contact them here.

http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/contact/

I'll email them later.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

@OorWullie Paceman CE 2 is a lot of fun. I can't get past a B on any level! Very frustrating. Some of those guys on the leaderboards have S and I've no idea how they do it.

wasilewski

meppi64

Haven't played Pacman since it came out because there have been so many games I've gotten since then.
No way to keep up with everything right now.
It's very different, even from the first Pacman CE game. Kinda wish that one was included as I really loved that one.
And yeah, this one is really tough. It's gonna take a lot of practice and a lot of memorisation before I'll be any good at it I think.

meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic