Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,047

OorWullie

We have Sol Divide and Moon Patrol for shooting up, Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja and Gekido: Kintaro's Revenge for beating up and Gate of Doom for hacking slashing & elemental magicing up. I think I'll buy them all except for Gate of Doom.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

We have Sol Divide and Moon Patrol for shooting up, Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja and Gekido: Kintaro's Revenge for beating up and Gate of Doom for hacking slashing & elemental magicing up. I think I'll buy them all except for Gate of Doom.

Yep, I'll get them all... at some point. I'm really trying to string at least a few weeks together without buying any more games - outside of the weekly challenge games that is.

Not only do I not have the cash to keep buying multiple games a week off the eShop. I simply don't have the time to play the games 😂

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

meppi64

I just have to have Moon Patrol in my life again, so that one is a certainty.
Will pick up Sol Divide as well, even though I'm not a big fan of it.
Gonna wait for Bad Dudes seeing as there are certain things off with the game it seems.
Not sure about Gate of Doom and I'll probably pick up Gekido sometime later.
Way too many games for me to pick them all up. Still have a whole bunch I want from last year and way too many to look forward to this year already and we're only March...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

wasilewski

I might skip the new releases this week and get something else from the ACA catalogue.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

OorWullie

@Lroy Just ordered that arcade cabinet off Amazon, will be here tomorrow. I also ordered Nintendo stickers from Redbubble, those will be here sometime next week. If you order 10 you get 50% off so those come to £12 with shipping and the cabinet was £10.99. I could have ordered this one for £25 and may end up wishing I had, but I think the stickers will give it a more unique look.

https://www.extreme-consoles.co.uk/product-page/nes-cade-nint...

The stickers do look great though

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/Nintendo+stickers?ref=search_box

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie Once you have it all set-up, do share some photos. Be cool to see what you come up with. Yeah, think your own custom cabinet will look nicer than the grey NES pre-made one.

wasilewski

Any of you guys got Magical Drop III? I never thought that I'd say this, but I think I prefer it over Tetris. It has something about the gameplay which I love. It requires you to think and plan differently and it's a little more physical as you need to have some degree of speed when moving your character. For me it's one of the best puzzle games ever.

wasilewski

meppi64

@wasilewski Magical Drop is fantastic. Been a fan of it ever since I got it on Saturn back in the day.
You should really check out Money Idol(Puzzle) Exchanger! It's the same concept, but with a bit more depth since you're exchanging coins into larger ones which can then be exchanged again till a certain point where you can make them disappear.
It's out on Japanese PSN as a PSone classic and it's also a Neo Geo game, so there's a chance that it'll come to Switch one day.
I don't know who own the rights to Face game nowadays. Hopefully it's SNK...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@wasilewski I really like the MAGICAL DROP series. I'm a big Data East fan from back in the arcade days. I have access to a lot of them via MAME of course but own MAGICAL DROP II on Switch and III as part of the Data East Arcade Classics collection for Wii. I will buy MAGICAL DROP III on Switch for sure. Glad to hear a fellow fan is out there. I actually prefer both MAGICAL DROP and PUYO, PUYO to TETRIS.

Edited on by Lroy

monkeyspasm

I bought Magical Drop III last week, looking for something similar to Puzzle Bobble, and I actually think it may be better. What a great game

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

wasilewski

@meppi64 I remember someone recommending Money Idol to me a while back but I never checked it out. I must have a sneaky look via MAME.

@monkeyspasm for me, Magical Drop III is way better than Puzzle Bobble, although they are quite different. I can't think of anything on Switch that's like Puzzle Bobble. I had Puzzle Bobble on the Playstation and I played it a lot back then, it's a great game for sure and a lot of fun with two players.

@Lroy Looks amazing, I've never seen a black and white game before, that's quite an original idea.

wasilewski

Lroy

I adore PUZZLE BOBBLE purely for nostalgia reasons. I had a holiday back in the day where all I did was drink and play that game whilst hanging out by the pool. Bliss.

Would love Taito games to come to Switch.

GrailUK

@Shiryu Outstanding sir.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JoeDiddley

@Shiryu wow, that’s fantastic. I really want this game. But I’ll be at the opposite end of the leaderboard!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

OorWullie

@Shiryu Just noticed that Bad Dudes icon has been given a make over on the US Eshop, it's also been delayed by a week, is now called Johnny Turbos Arcade: Bad Dudes like it should have been and incredibly will now cost $7.99 instead of the $9.99 it was priced at yesterday. Looks like someone from Flying Tiger read the NL review and the comments below. Hopefully next week it will have the missing move patched in, maybe some extra options will be added too.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

@Shiryu Just noticed that Bad Dudes icon has been given a make over on the US Eshop, it's also been delayed by a week, is now called Johnny Turbos Arcade: Bad Dudes like it should have been and incredibly will now cost $7.99 instead of the $9.99 it was priced at yesterday. Looks like someone from Flying Tiger read the NL review and the comments below. Hopefully next week it will have the missing move patched in, maybe some extra options will be added too.

Sincerely hope so or at the very least a patch further down the line.

JoeDiddley

@Shiryu you’re right, I don’t let my lack of ability dent my enjoyment of games. The procedural generation will at least mean I experience different things even if I don’t get too far

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic