Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,047

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy wrote:

Speaking of patches. Does anyone know if and when SKYFORCE RELOADED will get a patch to include online leaderboards? It keeps telling me to compare my score with friends?! You know, those little notes that pop up before the levels load up.

EDIT: Just to add for anyone who likes shooters but has yet to get this game. It has quickly become one of my fave modern shoot-em-ups. Really clean level design, logical upgrade system. Not too busy onscreen too early. Nice gradual difficulty curve whilst also empowering your ship with upgrades. Really liking it.

@Lroy loving so much SF: Reloaded! Was wondering about it too, it would be so nice...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

Right now I'm really, really enjoying Danmaku Unlimited 3. OST is absolutely KILLER. Gameplay is tight. Visuals are simply stunning without being "too much". Atm I'm playing on normal (or medium? Don't recall what's the name) and my record is 20MIL but my joycon wasn't working properly so I was playing pretty carelessly and those games are all but forgiving.

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Sorry to hear about your Joy-Con woes. I did experience occasions with one of my left Joy-Con in the past where inputs seemed to get registered multiple times. E.g. A character would just run left even though I only pushed left once. Luckily, this was very rare and seemed to fix itself. Touch wood.

One thing I would suggest is once in awhile going into the Switch system menu and selecting Controller. Click update to ensure each Joy-Con is on the latest firmware.

EDIT: I've not put much time into DANMAKU yet but I know @meppi64 and @shiryu are loving it.

Noticed a fair few people on my friends list have SKYFORCE RELOADED. Hopefully, it has performed well for the developer and they repay us in kind by patching in the online leaderboards. I believe they are present on other platforms PS4 etc. Have you tried any of these weekend tournaments? Do they have online rankings? If not, what do they reward you with?

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

wasilewski

With all these Psikyo games out I hope they will finally announce the absolutely crazy Space Bomber, one of the weirdest shmups out there.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

OorWullie

@Lroy I've only played the weekends tournament in SkyForce once but no one else on my friend list had played it so it only showed my score. I read elsewhere someone complaining that it registers your score every time you play it, so say you're sitting 2nd out of a few of your friends on the leaderboard then go again but do much worse, that will be your new score.

They need to fix it. I will send them an email, maybe if a few others do as well then it might get patched sooner rather than later.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

monkeyspasm

wasilewski wrote:

With all these Psikyo games out I hope they will finally announce the absolutely crazy Space Bomber, one of the weirdest shmups out there.

Yes! Great game I'd love to see Namco's Cosmo Gang: The Video at some point too, similarly bonkers

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

OorWullie

I really like Space Dave. It doesn't seem to get much love but I thoroughly enjoyed what I've played of it. It's great for score chasing too.

SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

monkeyspasm wrote:

wasilewski wrote:

Yes! Great game I'd love to see Namco's Cosmo Gang: The Video at some point too, similarly bonkers

Cosmo Gang is a lot of fun. It would be nice if Namco released another compilation of games.

OorWullie wrote:

I really like Space Dave. It doesn't seem to get much love but I thoroughly enjoyed what I've played of it. It's great for score chasing too.

I hadn't heard of this, but it looks cool, although I like my graphics a little more polished . There are too many games out there to keep up with!

wasilewski

Late

I thought I'd try out some other characters in KoF '98 to find a better team for myself so I chose random. To my surprise, I was able to win all 6 matches and fought against the boss for the first time. Fought 3 times and I wasn't able to defeat him but at least I can say I've improved. I think my biggest problem was that I didn't know how to react to each situation. Now I have a better understanding of when I need to roll, jump, counter, etc. I still need a lot of practice but I'm getting there.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Lroy

@Late Wish these Neo Geo fighters had online. Really looking forward to Capcom's STREET FIGHTER COLLECTION. Be great getting my head bashed in by you fellas โ˜บ๏ธ

wasilewski

@meppi64 I reckon MS3 has the most polished graphics of the games that are available on Switch. I was previewing them on MAME yesterday and can't decide what the get next. I will stick with MS1 for the purposes of the challenge for the time being.

wasilewski

OorWullie

I'm not a fan of Metal Slug 3 at all. I find the 1st boss takes far too many hits to kill and ends up being a chore. Then the 2nd level where you get turned into a zombie, it's cool the first couple of times it happens then it becomes annoying.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@wasilewski @meppi64 Fully take onboard criticisms made by @oorwullie but METAL SLUG 3 remains an outstanding run and gunner. The whole series is pretty incredible but I'd strongly recommend picking up METAL SLUG X and METAL SLUG 3 to any Switch owner who played the first and wanted more. I own all 3 for Switch and think they are great (unless you're trying to get a high-score, super tough) โ˜บ๏ธ

RetroGamerAndrew

I'm enjoying the 3 (well, 4) of them, but to me MS1 is just perfect as it is! 3 has some nice ideas but 1 just nails it: simplicity is a winner

RetroGamerAndrew

Shiryu

You know this is gonna come back and byte me in the behind because I should be playing Metal Slug instead of Steredenn but today's daily run was particularly too epic not to share.

This game, man... THIS... GAME!!!!!!!!!!

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Shiryu Outstanding run. I could only manage a lowly 23rd, now down to 37th. I see you're 6th on the leaderboard, well played man.

17:11 of video. That tough decision of which upgrade to choose when the new ones become available. I had that decision to make once, I chose the Supermassive Glorious Survivor and man was it glorious. Then 'An error has occurred, the software will now close' happened and it was anything but glorious.

I don't know if you saw my post the other day,but I emailed the dev and he replied within minutes saying a patch has already been submitted to Nintendo so hopefully it'll be available soon. Then the dreaded crash message will be a thing of the past.

and yep, what a game!

SW-6101-8403-1640

GrailUK

@Shiryu That's glorious man!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

wasilewski

Any new shmups out this week on the eShop? Iโ€™m still gasping for Gunbird 2!

wasilewski

Lroy

wasilewski wrote:

Any new shmups out this week on the eShop? Iโ€™m still gasping for Gunbird 2!

I believe it is Psikyo's SOL DIVIDE from ZeroDiv this week. So the wait for GUNBIRD 2 continues (tried GUNBIRD 2 on MAME: really liked the look and feel of it).

Edited on by Lroy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic