@NaviAndMii Have a lovely break away buddy ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Fafounet

So, the community has spoken..

@wasilewski @Bunkerneath @OorWullie @NaviAndMii @Lroy @Mintendo @kosmaty @Meesh @mauhlin12 @Spider-Man @electrolite77 @Kodos @Agent721 @RetroGamerAndrew @Chris77 @SonOfVon Thanks very much for your votes. I have collated them all now and have also added my own vote.
@bluemage1989 Hope you are feeling better now and thanks for voting!
For all the others that have not voted yet, do not despair. I will add your votes to the existing tally if you would like me to. It may actually change things since there are votes that are quite close in some categories.

So without further ado, here are the results:
CATEGORY 1 - MONDAY night evenings
Splatoon 2 - 8 votes
Puyo Puyo Tetris - 6 votes
Doom - 4 votes
Arms - 1 vote
Super Bomberman R - 1 vote
So it seems that SPLATOON 2 is our chosen option as an alternative to MARIO KART DELUXE on MONDAY EVENINGS uk time.

CATEGORY 2 - Future alternative option on MONDAY evenings
Street Fighter Collection - 8 votes
Mario Tennis - 7 votes
Sushi Striker - O vote!
So the winner is STREET FIGHTER COLLECTION by a short lead.

CATEGORY 3 - THURSDAY night evenings
Splatoon 2 - 4 votes
Puyo Puyo Tetris - 1 vote
Doom - 1 vote
Arms - 7 votes
Super Bomberman R - 1 vote
ARMS seems to be the chosen alternative to ROCKET LEAGUE on THURSDAY EVENINGS uk time.

CATEGORY 4 - Future alternative option on THURSDAY evenings
Street Fighter Collection - 4 votes
Mario Tennis - 9 votes
Sushi Striker - 1 vote
MARIO TENNIS will more than likely become our usual Thursday option.

Interesting to note that Sushi Strikers did not fare well at all. Like @bluemage1989, I am adopting a "wait and see.." approach. It may actually turn out to be a winner (or a stinker)

@StuTwo @SonOfVon both of your remarks are noted on needing/or not additional gaming nights. I am sure that the community will bring additional nights if there is enough interest. Which brings me to the next topic; it seems that lads like @TskTori @Lroy @NaviAndMii @mauhlin12 are all interested to participate to Splatfests on week ends (and myself included). It sure would be more motivating/enticing to play alongside with some members of the community rather than randoms, however this would necessitate a bit of coordination before end as we are dealing with different time zones and potentially also different teams?

Anyway, that is all for me. I guess all we have to do now is to decide when we are going to implement our new rotation system and who will lead the different respective gaming nights?

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Jbs-Dad

@NaviAndMii thanks for everything great night again. Well played everyone. Goal of the week wooohoo

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Lroy

@Fafounet Prompt turnaround. Impressive!

I'm happy to start the rotation as soon as possible. STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION is out in less than two weeks. I am happy to rotate between that and MARIO KART 8 DELUXE on Mondays as one of the co-hosts (@Fafouent co-hosting MK8 DELUXE with me). Anyone happy to co-host the STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION Game Nights let me know. 8:30pm UK time onwards seems to be the most convienent time-slot to kick off.

As for Thursdays, sounds ace. We just need an ARMS owner to step-up and volunteer to host on the week's that game is up. @NaviandMii has the other week nailed as host for ROCKET LEAGUE.

And SPLATOON 2 is cool. Can be Mondays from 8:30pm when we're not playing MK8 D or STREET FIGHTER otherwise happy to make SPLATOON 2 it's own dedicated game night on either Sat or Sun evenings.

Edited on by Lroy

wasilewski

@Fafounet thanks for organising! I have MK 8 and I'm getting Street Fighter the day it comes out so I can play that one too.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

NaviAndMii

Thanks for going to the trouble of doing this @Fafounet - your efforts are much appreciated! I'm happy to go with the flow with regards rotation etc - we've had a Mario Kart night and a Rocket League evening this week - so perhaps we could call this 'week 1' and rotate to 'week 2' next week? (and so on?) ..should be fun!

(I'll look to add a couple more online games to my collection before too long so that I can join in a few more events going forward )

Fafounet wrote:

Which brings me to the next topic; it seems that lads like @TskTori @Lroy @NaviAndMii @mauhlin12 are all interested to participate to Splatfests on week ends (and myself included). It sure would be more motivating/enticing to play alongside with some members of the community rather than randoms, however this would necessitate a bit of coordination before end as we are dealing with different time zones and potentially also different teams?

Yeah, we'll have to post the Splatfest theme here when we find out what it'll be - and perhaps have a vote as to which side to join? ..or, if we have the numbers, half of us could join one side and half the other? ..we'll see how we get on Should be a great excuse to dip back in to it though - looking forward to it!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

bluemage1989

@Fafounet cheers pal on the mend now been a rough week but feeling better. I'd like to host Arms nights but being four hours behind UK time and the nature of my jobs (road building and maintenance/stevedore/plant operator) and two young children I can often get held up at work/with home routine and can't guarantee being on in time to host otherwise I would have been more than happy to. All credit to you guys who do organise and host for taking the time to do these game nights its been awesome competing against a great crowd of people rather than random people. This is a great community and especially @Lroy and yourself for helping to get everyone involved. Adult Switch Gamers is in my opinion one of the most welcoming and chilled communities Nintendo Life has.

bluemage1989

TskTori

@mauhlin12 I think we had some mis communication. I think your 9 is my 11. Its 1:04 am here now. I'm still on. I'll set up a room.

TskTori

TskTori

@mauhlin12 Oh and playing Salmon Run is how I level up more. Those bonus tickets that get you to add more experience points. I jist recently started trying to play ranked modes in earnest. My fav weapon isn't a power hitter. Great for inking not so great for charging. Adapt and overcome!

TskTori

TskTori

@mauhlin12 See. . it doesnt seem to be searching to fill in the blanks. Hmmm.

TskTori

mauhlin12

Yeah crap. I googled and it looks like we need 4 players to do team battle. Bummer. I figured it would be like League Battle where you can have a team of 4 or 2 and if you only have 2 you'll be matched up with another team of 2. But they change it for Splatfest. Classic Nintendo move. I saw that people have been complaining about this on Reddit since the 1st Splatfest 9 months ago and still no dice. You'd hope this will get fixed when the paid online goes up but... Nintendo. Anyway, hope you had a good Splatfest. I went 21-17 (including Don vs. Don matches) en route to getting Don King status so I hope it was enough to help us get the win. For the exp boosters you get from Salmon Run, yes you can level up really fast. With a 3X exp booster you get around 7500 exp for a KO ranked win.

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

electrolite77

@bluemage1989

Totally agree. It's this community that's turning me towards paying for Nintendo online!

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Fafounet

@bluemage1989 good to hear that you are feeling better. I am completely with you and @electrolite77 as with regards to this community thread. My appreciation to online gaming in general has changed from not bothered to really loving it thanks to the gaming nights we have, and even the comments and discussions that we have on the thread. I was a solo player through and through, and now for the first time I am devoting some time to online playing, and actually enjoying it!
@Lroy @NaviAndMii @everyoneelse I am happy to take on the hosting of an Arms night as an alternative to Rocket League on Thursdays for the upcoming week 2 until Mario Tennis come into play if you are all happy with it.

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Knownaslethal

I'm up for Splatoon 2 nights also. I just got the game.

Retro Gamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2901-5961-2122 | Switch Network ID: KnownLethl
Discord Channel for Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/etcnkf7
Team Site: guilded.gg/Nintendo-Adult-Gamers

Twitter:

Lroy

Shall we have a go at a SPLATOON 2 night then this Monday (Tomorrow) in place of the usual MARIO KART 8 DELUXE?

Presumably, we all try and join one another in a Turf War? Not got much experience with how the matchmaking works in SPLATOON 2 outside of Salmon Run, so might be a bit trial and error but willing to host and give it a go.

Say from 8:30pm UK Time?

Fafounet

@Lroy Yes, up for it to give it a go!

Praise the Switch!

Fafounet

There were a lot of lovely news between yesterday and the day before with great new footage of Ikagura, The Messenger and Bloodstain the Curse of the Moon, and a potential release date of June for the DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids. It is a fantastic time to be a switch owner. And I have not even touched on all the superb releases during the summer!

Praise the Switch!

bluemage1989

Mario+Rabbids was a real surprise for me. I bought it on a whim not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the gameplay and all of the neat little touches. The game does have its flaws as well and its not perfect but all in all I'm looking forward to the dlc. Would love Xcom on Switch as well.

Really curious to see what Ubisoft have lined up for E3. Would like to see Ezio Collection come over (would like to see more Assassin's Creed but doubt it sadly) and Ubisoft take on a project similar to Mario+Rabbids not necessarily a strategy game but something that takes a Nintendo IP and shakes it up a bit. Ubisoft has some talented staff that can respectfully handle Nintendo IP while giving it a new twist. Star Fox in a Fractured But Whole style RPG lite/tactics style game would work for me. I doubt play them myself but always glad to see Just Dance on Nintendo consoles for my four year old daughter who loves dancing so a Disney Dance game would make her E3.

bluemage1989

Iamcardboard

Just found this community on my coffee break at work and got totally excited!

SW-3958-9723-7966

Let me know if you add me!

SW-3958-9723-7966

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic