Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,648

Fafounet

@bluemage1989 yes god knows what Ubi has planned. They are likely to continue their initial support to the switch. Beyond good and evil 2 for switch? A reboot for Prince of Persia? Who knows!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Lroy

@bluemage1989 Been working all weekend so not had the chance before but just wanted to say thank you for giving me a shout-out and also that I totally agree this community we are building here are fantastic. Already made some great Switch buddies. Plus the Switch Arcade Community and the Weekly High-Score challenges which run very much as a parallel to this thread are full of truly wonderful people. They have exponentially added value to my enjoyment of the Nintendo Switch but more than that, they have played a significant part in actually making me a gamer again. I haven't played as much as I do now since I was a child. Huge debt of thanks I'll probably never be able to properly articulate or repay.

Love you folks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@bluemage1989 Oh and you're bang on. MARIO + RABBIDS: KINGDOM BATTLE is a brilliant, brilliant game. Destined to be revered as a classic of the Switch. Actually, my favourite game released on the system so far.

mauhlin12

@Lroy Splatoon 2 sounds great on Monday. I think you can pick the Friends option in Turf Wars and we can join a lobby and recruit randos to fill the remaining slots if we're under 8 players. Also Salmon Run will be open (SalMondayโ€ฆ) so that could be a way to get warmed up. If at any point we had exactly 2 or 4 players we could try League Battle, but we'd have to play whatever mode of Ranked Matches that's currently in the rotation. Hopefully Turf Wars with friends should work. Found out the hard way that it's not always easy to play with friends, at least during Splatfest. Thanks for setting it up and let's pray we don't get cooked...

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

mauhlin12

@Fafounet Bloodstained: CotM shot right to the top of my most anticipated games list. Inti Creates knows about reviving an old series (Mega Man 9 and 10) and I might be setting the bar too high, but I'm hoping CotM is the Mega Man 9 or Sonic Mania of ClassicVania. I saw that video of The Messenger that's over 2 hours long. Watched it for about 30 seconds and said, "Just gimme!" I've been waiting on Mario + Rabbids DK DLC too. My guess is they announce at E3 "Available Now!" like they did with Zelda Champions Ballad at whatever show they announced that at. Game Awards?

mauhlin12

McMurphy

I'm 39 and an avid Switch player. I've been playing on Nintendo consoles since the NES, yet my first Nintendo game was Donkey Kong on the Atari 400. Considering I have been running an adults-only Nintendo group called the Gunslingers (or, in our Mario Kart circuit, Shellslingers. ) since the Wii, it is safe to assume that everyone on my friend roster is long in the tooth.

I am currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Splatoon 2, DOOM, & Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Anyone willing to add, my friend code is 4985-2181-5316.

Switch: 4985-2181-5316 | Wii U ID: McMurphy | Clan: Shellslingers

Twitter:

Fafounet

@Iamcardboard @McMurphy Welcome on board! I'll add you both later on in the day. @Lroy is kindly organising a Splatoon 2 gaming night this very evening at 8.30pm UK time which you are more than welcome to join if you are able to.

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Lroy

@mauhlin12 Do you mean I should use the Shoal or whatever it is called to create a Turf War match? Or do I just go to regular Turf War and then everyone tries to join that via the join friend option within the main online lobby place?

mauhlin12

@Lroy Go to regular Turf War and pick friend option and I believe you can host a game. The Shoal is for setting up local multiplayer. EDIT: Looks like I'm wrong- the only way you can host is if you host a private match and you would need at least 8 players to make that work (you can have 8 playing and 2 spectating.) Assuming we won't have at least 8 players at all times, I guess you choose the Friends option, pick someone to join (one of us who is logged on) and post here for the others to join you or the person you joined? I think? It looks way more complicated than it needs to be lol. EDIT #2: I'm wrong again. You can do Private Battles with 2-8 players, including unbalanced teams such as 3 vs. 2. Could be interesting, although the maps were designed for 8 players so if it was just say, 4 of us it would seem pretty empty. Anyway just another thing to consider.

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

Fafounet

@mauhlin12 @Lroy I believe you can either:
-play in normal turf war and be joinable which would allow us to play together and with a full 8 players supplemented with randoms but with no control of map, game mode, and who will join
-play in a private lobby, in which case all mode parameters can be set, yiu only play with friends, and the icing on the cake.. you can use the Nintendo app to communicate if you so wish (Yippie)
-or according to Reddit, play a rank league match with friends and randoms
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/c...

Happy to trial anything this evening for our first go! I am sure we can fine tune this with time and we all get more familiar with the setup and also have an idea of numbers

Praise the Switch!

Lroy

@mauhlin12 I think for tonight I'm just going to go into Turf War as close to 8:30pm as I can make it (I'll post here when I'm actually about to hit the button to enter Turf War here). And then anyone who wants to play then needs to go to the normal online lobby and select join friend/Turf War and select my name.

If anyone who does managed to join could then post here, players can then try and join by hitting either my name or someone else who is in the match. That way we can try and prevent any connection issues like what happened when we couldn't join a specific person in MK8 D.

Does this all make sense to folks intending to play?

EDIT Be warned you may need to be patient as when I have tried to join friends playing Turf War in the past, you sometimes don't join straight away. You might have to wait until a space in the teams opens up e.g. You might have to wait a few minutes for the between matches screens to be added into the games.

EDIT AGAIN Just read @Fafounet post. Ok, we'll go with regular Turf War as detailed by me above. Then if we have major issues with people joining we will try the private match set-up. Cool?

Edited on by Lroy

Fafounet

@Lroy Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Praise the Switch!

wasilewski

Only one week to go until SFII 30th and Ikaruga!!! I can't wait

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Iamcardboard

@Fafounet thanks for the welcome! I donโ€™t have Splatoon 2 yet. it never appealed to me as a lone gamer, but sounds like it might be a lot of fun to play with you guys. ยฃ50 is a lot to put down on a game though so Iโ€™ll have to think about it.

Do you guys plan on playing it regularly?

SW-3958-9723-7966

Knownaslethal

I think coordinating this could be a little tricky without voice chat. Based off of the redits post you have to wait until a your friends card shows joinable. It looks like once the game starts there is no you can't just join into the lobby again if you get disconnected.

Retro Gamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2901-5961-2122 | Switch Network ID: KnownLethl
Discord Channel for Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/etcnkf7
Team Site: guilded.gg/Nintendo-Adult-Gamers

Twitter:

Lroy

Ok, so we're gonna try a SPLATOON 2 Games Night this evening 8:30pm UK Time. Will play until interest fades.

If you could be so kind as to sound off below to let us know if you intend to join in (might be an idea to make sure you have added me and some of the folks who respond to your friends list).

Maybe put in brackets if you want us to try Voice chat? @Knownaslethal can you offer whatever assistance is needed in this area as I'm clueless โ˜บ๏ธ What is it you wish us to do?

Anyway, the general plan for his 'trial and error' games evening is to simply all try and bundle into a regular Turf War together.

If that proves a problem we will try custom private matches. Then depending on numbers we can always see if Salmon Run is on or whatever else folks want us to try in the game.

Hope that's all plan as mud โ˜บ๏ธ

Intend to crack open a few ๐Ÿบ , kick back with some casual inking mayhem and hope to see you there ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Fafounet

@wasilewski And few days to Mario Tennis demo ๐ŸŽพ and Bloodstained ๐Ÿฆ‡

Praise the Switch!

Fafounet

@Lroy As the saying goes here, it will be GRAND!

Praise the Switch!

wasilewski

@Fafounet I will download the Mario Tennis demo too, I didn't know it had online play, which is cool! Did you ever have Super Tennis on the SNES? That was the last tennis game I ever played )

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic