Forums

Topic: Your Halloween Gaming Delights

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

Zuljaras

Another run of Castlevania Symphony of the Night and probably Resident Evil 2 Remake.

But everything will lose meaning when Spider-Man 2 comes this Friday!

Sunsy

@Teksetter Thanks, hope you have fun with your Monster Bash pinball table. Pretty neat that it's inspired by the classic monsters.

This is Monster Bash. Well, this is the trailer to the HD version, I have the DOS original wrapped with DOSBox.

It's a PC platformer, but the premise is you play as Johnny Dash. His dog Tex and the neighborhood pets got kidnapped by the evil Count Chuck (Dracula), and the monster under the bed tells Johnny about Chuck's plan, and sends him on a quest to save the pets and Tex. It has a lot of creepy themes in it and it's fitting for Halloween.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Teksetter

Thanks for that description, @Sunsy - your PC Monster Bash looks like a fun game perfect for playing around Halloween! I love those names - Count Chuck must be a fearsome adversary for Johnny Dash. 😁

Since you were kind enough to post a trailer for your MB, I thought I’d return the favor - here is a quick video overview of Monster Bash pinball, with a taste of the game’s music:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4b8DewWWog

And if you’re feeling brave, here is the original (cringearific) marketing video from back in 1998. The funny characters call outs are the best part:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_eSu-Mkzfk

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Sunsy

@Teksetter You're welcome, and thanks for the look and promo for the Monster Bash pinball table.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tasuki

Started up my yearly run of Castlevania Symphony of the Night, last night. Playing it on PS4 so It doesn't have the original voice actors nor script which is a downer but it still plays well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, probably the Castlevania Advance Collection.

3 years in a row! Only one more game to go once I do the last...30-60 minutes of Harmony of Dissonance.

Also I really want to play Oxenfree 2, that would work well. Really loved the first game, for the most part.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

card-crunch78

Most horror games aren't just scary for me, they're difficult. Like the Resident Evil games. All the ammo you have to conserve, I end up wasting because I'm in a panic to kill that one villager in RE4 (the original game that is). Seriously, they're not zombies, how is a single headshot only making them stumble instead of killing them?!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

NintendoByNature

The later resident evil aren't like that. The remakes are a little bit though. More ammo for the most part in 4, 5, and 6.

My worry with the earlier games was the amount of saves needed to beat the game. Speaking of RE, think I might be buying RE4R soon if I don't buy alan wake 2.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NeonPizza You know that is a series that I have never played, Splatterhouse. I know that's surprising especially with my love for 80's slasher movies. Definitely going to have to change that one of these days.

Mega Man 7 was a blast Definitely a step up from the same old stuff on the NES games. Shadesman stage is a good one to especially with it's nod to Ghosts n Goblins.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yeah I generally stick with the first 3 Mega Man games on NES, my favorite being 3 although 2 is a close second and 1 being a solid third. There's nothing wrong with 1 mind you it's just that 3 and 2 do it better. And yes totally agree that 1 isn't that hard.

I have yet to play 9, 10 or 11 but I hear good things about them. One of these days I will get around to them I suppose.

Oh and speaking of a nostalgia kick I fired up the NES version of SMB3 the other night and OMG instant nostalgia feels. I don't bother with any of the remake it's has to be the NES one.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So with another Halloween behind us, I manged to finish quite a few games.

Played a bit of Diablo 3
Did a playthrough of Super Castlevania IV
Did a playthrough of SotN.

All in all a decent season of Halloween gaming.

So until next year......

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic