Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,969

bezerker99

@Tasuki - that is an excellent quote! I'm so going to go and retweet that now if i can find....

EDIT: Boy do I feel stupid now. I will probably get pile driven through a table by saying this in THIS thread but I didn't even know who Beth Phoenix was. But hey, I don't have cable and haven't seen WWE in years so since I can't watch it, I don't really follow it anymore. I just know what I know from growing up watching it, mostly 80's/90's/and some early 2K stuff. I haven't seen RAW since 2003 or something like that.

Edited on by bezerker99

Tasuki

bezerker99 wrote:

@Tasuki - that is an excellent quote! I'm so going to go and retweet that now if i can find....

EDIT: Boy do I feel stupid now. I will probably get pile driven through a table by saying this in THIS thread but I didn't even know who Beth Phoenix was. But hey, I don't have cable and haven't seen WWE in years so since I can't watch it, I don't really follow it anymore. I just know what I know from growing up watching it, mostly 80's/90's/and some early 2K stuff. I haven't seen RAW since 2003 or something like that.

I would have to say she was one of the better Divas to come along after Trish and Lita left the squared circle. Problem was WWE didn't know how to use her right. She's married to Edge now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bezerker99

@Tasuki - It's my own fault for not having WWE Network - if I can ever get ahead financially, that's something I want to invest in.

And yes, Trish and Lita were on TV around the time I quit watching. I really miss watching wrestling but ever since Vince bought my beloved WCW, I just haven't had much interest.

the_shpydar

@bezerker
I know what you mean. I still feel mildly traitorous when watching RAW. despite it being 14 years. The fact that i used to write a weekly WCW Nitro column for a (now long gone) wrestling website during the final years of the Monday Night Wars surely doesn't help.

But definitely get or watch They Live as soon as you can. You can easily find a copy of the DVD dirt cheap. Thankfully i have the film (also on VHS!), so i'm watching it right now.

Probably also going to watch some Roddy matches later, as although i don't have the WWE Network, i do have the 3-disc DVD they put out on Roddy a few years back.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@bezerker99: Yeah for an old school wrestling fan like you, I highly recommend WWE Network. Even if you just watch the old stuff like Monday Nitro or ECW there is so much there. Sometimes they offer free month of it just sign up for it and cancel before the next month. But that's probably easier said then done lol.

My Backlog

Mr_Trill_281

R.I.P Piper fly with angles...

"Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets, 5x Dallas Cowboys, 1x Houston Astros, Texas A&M Aggies".

bezerker99

@the_shpydar: dude! Somehow I missed your post. I had no idea you wrote a WCW Monday Nitro column for a wrestling website. My favorite site to read was always 1wrestling.com. I really enjoyed listening to their podcasts.

jump

So both Rollins and Orton are injured, Lesnar has used up his dates, Cena is on holidays and Undertaker is gonna go back to sleep til 'mania after Survivor Series. So who gonna be the top guy now? I've got my fingers crossed for Ziggler or Ambrose but Owens, Bray or Neville will do too just as long as they don't have it be Kane or Big Show again as it never works.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

the_shpydar

Hopefully they will finally realize that they need to pull the trigger on pushing Cesaro to the next level.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

jump

I'm not so sure with Rollins as they hesitated and delayed it with 'mania, if he's to become the face of the company it's gotta be the perfect moment like with him defeating Rollins the man that betrayed him and cost the title to make sure it's with fan backing so just slapping the title on him doesn't seem likely but then again they are running empty on choices.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

the_shpydar

The real question to think on is if they are planning to have whoever wins the title next to hold it until Seth returns. If they are, then it's definitely going to be either Reigns or Ambrose (but more likely Reigns), since the story of Seth coming back and doing the whol "you never beat me for that title!" gimmick writes itself. If they're thinking to have the title change hands a time or two before Seth comes back, then it's up in the air.

I almost think that WWE knows how obvious and anticlimactic it would be to put the belt on Reigns via the tournament, so they could have some sort of dark horse win the belt as a transitional champion, then eventually drop it to Reigns — maybe at 'Mania, which would give them more time to really try and get fans to connect better with Reigns, which admittedly they've done a better job at over the past few months (though personally i find his in-ring work so boring; they really should work with him to open up his offense — we don't need yet another "five moves of doom" style wrestler on the top of the heap).

The Shpydarloggery

jump

I've given up on WWE and I'm enjoying the hell out of NXT, Bayley is just pitch perfect as an underdog face.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

First inductee into the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame, Sting. Even though he wasn't in the WWE long the contributions he made to the industry makes him more then deserve it. I actually got a little misty eyed during the announcement.

My Backlog

ELI-ASH

Heard a lot of New Japan wrestlers/Bullet Club members are WWE bound Karl Anderson, Gallows, AJ styles and Shinsuke Nakamura Im very happy about Shinsuke getting sign He is perfect for WWE

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Tasuki

@ELI-ASH: Yeah they are going to be bringing Bullet Club to WWE although it will be called Balor Club (Due to New Japan owning the Bullet Club name).

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic