General Discussion Forum

Topic: What Are Your Favorite Quotable Quotes

Showing 21 to 40 of 83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wheels2050

21. Posted:

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

  • Winston Churchill

So true.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

22. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Untitled

Do you only know about that because of me? I've actually posted that before on this site.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has posted this quote before.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RevolverLink

23. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

  • Winston Churchill

So true.

I think my favorite Churchill quote may be "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.", although it's a tough choice, because he's probably (I daresay, easily) the most quotable figure of the 20th century.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

24. Posted:

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

25. Posted:

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

26. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Didn't I say that this forum doesn't focus on video game quotes since there's already another forum for that? :>

Then I'm still good. They Live came out 8 years before Duke Nukem.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

27. Posted:

[div]

It's such a classic, everyone's always saying it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

28. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

I'm aware that there is already a similar existing thread for video games:

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/favorite_vide...

But I want to focus on quotable quotes that don't come from video games, such as novels, movies, tv shows, etc.

Post any quotes you say either on a regular basis or are just plain fond of.

I'll go first:

Which episode is that from? It seems familiar.

The Androids of Tara, Episode 1.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

29. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Untitled

Do you only know about that because of me? I've actually posted that before on this site.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has posted this quote before.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_wha...

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

30. Posted:

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chunky_Droid

31. Posted:

I quote the Simpsons a lot

Whenever I agree with a statement someone says, I tend to say "I agree, destroy the school!"

Edited on by Chunky_Droid

Feel free to add me to any of the listed consoles or services here :D just let me know who you are!

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter: chunky_droid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

32. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Untitled

Do you only know about that because of me? I've actually posted that before on this site.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has posted this quote before.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_wha...

Please, re read mine.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

33. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Untitled

Do you only know about that because of me? I've actually posted that before on this site.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has posted this quote before.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_wha...

Please, re read mine.

I know, but it has the exact same words as mine. :P

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

34. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

I'm aware that there is already a similar existing thread for video games:

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/favorite_vide...

But I want to focus on quotable quotes that don't come from video games, such as novels, movies, tv shows, etc.

Post any quotes you say either on a regular basis or are just plain fond of.

I'll go first:

[/div]

Which episode is that from? It seems familiar.

[/div]

The Androids of Tara, Episode 1.

Sorry for the late reply but it seemed familiar because I have seen that one. I've got it as part of The key to time box set.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

35. Posted:

IT'S OVER 9000!
I HAVE FURY
THERE ONCE WAS AN UGLY BARNACLE, HE WAS SO UGLY EVERYONE DIED.
IM NOT RICK!
IM FINNISHED!

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

36. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

IT'S OVER 9000!
I HAVE FURY
THERE ONCE WAS AN UGLY BARNACLE, HE WAS SO UGLY EVERYONE DIED.
IM NOT RICK!
IM FINNISHED!

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

soniclyscrewed

37. Posted:

All of Doctor Who.

ALL OF IT!!!

soniclyscrewed

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

38. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

IT'S OVER 9000!
I HAVE FURY
THERE ONCE WAS AN UGLY BARNACLE, HE WAS SO UGLY EVERYONE DIED.
IM NOT RICK!
IM FINNISHED!

[/div]

Why did Kai say 8000?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

39. Posted:

^In the original Japanese, it was always 8000. The "9000" was mistranslation when the series was first dubbed into English. The DBZ Kai re-dubbing of the series brings it more true to the original Japanese version.
for shame, Otaku, you should know something like that, what with your uber-love for Japan! ;)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ecto-1

40. Posted:

The quote that stands out in my mind right now is from The Dark Knight Rises, but it may spoil some of it for people who haven't seen it yet, so I'll post this instead:

CIA Agent: At least you can talk! Who are you?
Bane: It doesn't matter who we are... what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
CIA Agent: [Pulls hood off to reveal Bane] If I pull that off, will you die?
Bane: It would be extremely painful...
CIA Agent: You're a big guy.
Bane: ...for you.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989