Forums

Topic: Washington DC area blizzard of 2009! (and blizzards in general)

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

Stuffgamer1

Sooo...I'm pretty much STUCK inside right now because it's been snowing for over 24 hours and everything outside is more or less BURIED in the stuff. It really sucks. I was wondering if anybody else is within the range of this or a similar storm. Or if not, do you have any good blizzard stories from years gone by?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Infernape1000

There is no snow where I live, yet.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

LzWinky

I love the South

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JonWahlgren

Yeah, I'm in northern VA and we've got over a foot of snow here. I've been shut in all day, but it's given me time to record NLFM and play a bunch of DJ Hero so I'm just fine with it.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

SpentAllMyTokens

Man, glad i'm missing it (since it's falling on a weekend, and i wouldn't be able to miss work). I remember 1996 was pretty sweet. We had over a week off school. I was in elementary school and we tried to build a snow ramp off my neighbor's deck that would shoot us over the fence in our backyard. We shot my little brother down it about every 5 minutes to see if the ramp was tall enough yet. We never were able to clear the fence, but we did get my little brother to smack into it at high speed multiple times. Success!

Perfect catching up on video games weather. We had just bought a Genesis and played the heck out of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

LzWinky

What is snow? I've never seen it before (jk) but I do see this thing called "rain" during the holiday season

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ItsFuzzyPickles

On December 4, 2009, we got snow where I lived, enough that I got to miss school. That was a lot of fun, especially since it landed on a Friday, so we basically had a three-day week.

And no, I've never experience a blizzard. The closest that we got to one was when it snowed eleven inches.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Flandy

No stories here i live just above sea level so it cant reach that low and i also live in the desert so no chances for snowing here

either way i hate the snow its way to cold for me

Edited on by Flandy

Flandy

Stuffgamer1

@Token Girl: The way your post reads suggests you're from this area. Is that assumption correct? I do seem to recall something about quite a lot of snow in 1996...but the memory's pretty limited, seeing as I was only 7. That would've been my first year of home school as well, so I guess I didn't get THAT advantage.

@lz: Yeah, I heard basically the same thing from a friend in Florida. He says his lawn is like a swamp right now due to all the rain.

@Andy100003: I'm not too fond of the stupid stuff either, but I'm stuck with it, having lived here my whole life.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

SpentAllMyTokens

@Stuffy

I am from the DC Area (VA side). You would have been about the age of my brother. To think, you could have been slamming into a fence on a snow saucer instead of being home schooled. Hooray public education!

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Raylax

It's getting pretty deep over here, too (England). SNOW WOO. Et cetera.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Machu

We had some snow yesterday in Northwest England, but that didn't last. Today, it is just a series of vicious hailstone attacks. I really really wanna white Christmas, but living by the coast, I am doubtful.

Untitled

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Stuffgamer1

I had to waste a few hours digging out today. Now I hear we're supposed to get an equally huge storm again on Thursday! A white Christmas is nice and all, but DAMN! Enough is WAY THE HECK too much!

Vendetta

NY here, 2' easy in most places, and there are drifts over 4' all over the place. And I hope we get more.

Vendetta

The_Fox

I've only got five inches here, but I'd prefer at least a foot or so. I love the snow, and the snow loves me. I think I'll build an army of snow men and attack without mercy friends with a snowball bombardment later today.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Stuffgamer1

@V: DA-YUM, that's even more than we got! Things are bad enough around here as it is...I don't want ANY more.

@The Fox: You can also chase fanboys around in the snow, right?

Percentful

Here in Kansas City, it's only snowed once, and it was only about 2 inches. Supposedly we are supposed to get snow on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so I might just be having a white christmas.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

The_Fox

@Stuffgamer:
That's the best part!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.