Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,441 to 5,460 of 12,088

bluesdance

@dimi I don’t know exactly the time I played, but I played long enough to unlock the entire map, complete a whole bunch of dungeons including the puzzle islands, visit all of the towns, complete Vah Ruda, and some other stuff. Basically I got stuck and exhausted with the shrines, which I know is a common complaint. I guess one day I will go back to the game with a walkthrough and just power through a bunch of shrines so that I can move forward. Call me stupid but I could not solve a lot of the shrine puzzles that I encountered. I just kept trying different solutions until all of my weapons wore out and then I left… not fun.

Edited on by bluesdance

bluesdance

CanisWolfred

@NaviAndMii Again, if you gave me a list of what ones you have played, I might actually be able to help. Alternatively, Action-RPGs are a thing. Ironically FFXIV also doesn't really have you "giving commands", instead you're just selecting which moves you want to use. As for Pokemon...I don't see how "a person giving other creatures commands" is any different than a team leader instructing his own allies so they can coordinate their attacks against a group of enemies. It's effectively the same thing, conceptually-speaking.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@NaviAndMii Same here, I don't really like JRPGs, but I like Pokemon. Well... the old games at least.

Octane

GameOtaku

Just my unpopular opinion but I think Mario Odyssey is hyped way too much for what it is. Personally I think they should leave Mario, Sonic and the Belmonts on the 2d plane where they thrive.

GameOtaku

Ralizah

@GameOtaku No. Mario games work beautifully in 3D, and Odyssey is looking like it could be one of the former plumber's all-time best adventures.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GameOtaku

@Ralizah
But it does nothing new or groundbreaking? There have been games where you can body snatch, or use an item as an attack or as a platform. The new super Mario Brothers games while similar to the original formula added much more depth and abilities.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Ralizah

@GameOtaku I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but if you can seriously look at something stale like NSMB and praise it for "adding depth" while simultaneously saying SMO does nothing new or groundbreaking, when it looks like the most creative Mario platformer ever... I don't know what to say to you. I cannot, in any way, shape, or form, make sense of your opinion. So I'll just say that we will never, ever see eye-to-eye on this.

Edited on by Ralizah

Shellcore

1. My favourite Zelda is Ocarina of Time and nothing will dethrone it. Most likely because there are only so many times you can enter the Zora or Goron Kingdom with that feeling of newness and wonder.

2. The Switch is a great handheld hampered by the low expectations of its fans. Ports and a certain set of mediocre indies are celebrated and picked up/double dipped to support the development of further games in the genre etc... Yuck

3. Trophies are an excellent addition to add replay value to games. As an adult I find it difficult sometimes to make my own fun, especially with how little time I have to play. I need goals, meta or otherwise.

4. I actually like Nintendo lol (guess this doesn't fit in with the theme).

NaviAndMii

Shellcore wrote:

1. My favourite Zelda is Ocarina of Time and nothing will dethrone it.

It's still rated as the best game of all time on Metacritic - so, if anything, that's actually quite a popular gaming opinion!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@MegaTen The first Driver was a lot of fun on PS1. Of course, I never did any of the missions: I just went into the free roam mode and caused havoc to get a police chase going. Good times!

KirbyTheVampire

GameOtaku wrote:

@Ralizah
But it does nothing new or groundbreaking? There have been games where you can body snatch, or use an item as an attack or as a platform. The new super Mario Brothers games while similar to the original formula added much more depth and abilities.

Uhhh what?

KirbyTheVampire

LuckyLand

@NaviAndMii ok so I guess that my opinion that not only OOT isn't my favourite Zelda, but it is not even amongst my favourite games is unpopular right? (just kidding I already know it is unpopular lol)

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

GrailUK

White spy is vastly superior to black spy.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

LuckyLand

I like Turrican 3 but I don't like Turrican 1 and 2

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

gcunit

@LuckyLand I'd forgotten there were three Turricans, let alone which of them I liked

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@GameOtaku I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but if you can seriously look at something stale like NSMB and praise it for "adding depth" while simultaneously saying SMO does nothing new or groundbreaking, when it looks like the most creative Mario platformer ever... I don't know what to say to you. I cannot, in any way, shape, or form, make sense of your opinion. So I'll just say that we will never, ever see eye-to-eye on this.

Considering how many times I've seen "overhyped" refer to games people are just tired of hearing about one way or another (especially upcoming games where people are more excited about a game's potential), and anything else they say is simply meant to justify what would otherwise come off as petty...don't even bother. That's my advice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GameOtaku

@CanisWolfred @Ralizah
Don't get me wrong I love the Mario series but I just don't see what the big excitement is about Odyssey. It really does nothing exceptionally groundbreaking or new.

GameOtaku

KirbyTheVampire

GameOtaku wrote:

@CanisWolfred @Ralizah
Don't get me wrong I love the Mario series but I just don't see what the big excitement is about Odyssey. It really does nothing exceptionally groundbreaking or new.

It isn't so much that it's doing anything new, it's the fact that it's doing something that we haven't truly seen since 2002 with Mario Sunshine.

KirbyTheVampire

KryptoniteKrunch

-The Uncharted games are nothing to write home about.
-God of War was decent, but not GotY worthy.
-Paper Mario n64 > Paper Mario TYD
-Paper Mario Sticker Star, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam and Triforce Heroes were all enjoyable.
-Pokemon Sun/Moon are in my top 3 Pokemon games.
-Star Fox Zero and Kid Icarus Uprising controls weren't bad.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic